Question whats causing a cupped tire

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: whats causing a cupped tire

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default whats causing a cupped tire

I have a 2001 celica gts with 120,000 miles. I just replaced the tires yesterday and noticed the drivers side rear tire was cupping. I am not sure if it was the shock absorber that went bad or if the tire lost a weight and went out of balance. Is there any way to test the shock absorber. If you think that it needs to be replaced if anyone could provide directions that would be really helpful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    45 times

Default Re: whats causing a cupped tire

A feathered tire will be an alignment issue. A cupped tire will be a bad shock. Jounce the corner of the vehicle. If it bounces a little the shock is bad.