Fabtech FTS2200K Coilover Kit

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Fabtech FTS2200K Coilover Kit

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Fabtech FTS2200K Coilover Kit

I was wondering, how hard is it to install these? I have the stock TRD shocks and daystar spacers but I think the spacers are getting mushy because my 33's are rubbing when I enter/exit driveways. My tire blew out yesterday on the 405 and so I'm using it as an excuse to get a full set of new ones. I'm still sticking with BFG 33x12.5x16.5 but moving to MT from AT.

Tires will be on tomorrow afternoon and I was going to have them check the alignment to DJ's specs, but they do not use Hunter plus I'd probably need an adjustment after putting the Fabtechs on.

I've read mixed reviews about the coilover kit and these are used from another TS member, so I presume that they are still good. Should I just go to 4Wheel Parts and have them install and change the bushings?
    2006 Tundra Limited DC: UniChip | Ram Air Performance System | TrueFlow Sealed Air Intake | 24" Bassani X-Muffler with Quick Time Electric Cutouts | IS Rims w/ Michelin LTX A/T2 | SkidRow FSP | Hellwig Antisway Bar | Retrax Bed Cover | Bazooka VSE | front/rear parking sensors | power tailgate lock | debadged | tinted

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    3 times
    Images

well it was easier than expected, but took longer than desired. i ran into some difficulty trying to get the bottom part aligned to get teh bolt thru. but after a few "choice" words and a 2x4, the coil overs are in and seem fine. i'd like to lift the truck up higher, but probably let this settle in for a while.

see pics in my gallery.....
    2006 Tundra Limited DC: UniChip | Ram Air Performance System | TrueFlow Sealed Air Intake | 24" Bassani X-Muffler with Quick Time Electric Cutouts | IS Rims w/ Michelin LTX A/T2 | SkidRow FSP | Hellwig Antisway Bar | Retrax Bed Cover | Bazooka VSE | front/rear parking sensors | power tailgate lock | debadged | tinted

Liked
    0 times

nice job my friend!!
    it usually helps to say a few choice words at the parts, sometimes they need a little coaxing, if not get a bigger hammer!!lol
    now that tundra gonna look sweet with those mt's. post some pics when you're finished.
    2005 Tundra DC SR5 4x4
    TRD Off Road Pkg. / TRD Limited Slip Diff. /6" RCD Lift /2" Leveling Kit/ Rear Pro Comp 1 1/2" AAL's / 1" Front Diff. Drop / 35" x 14.5" SSR /16"x 12" Weld Sandstorm Wheels / Custom Front and Rear Shock Brackets with Pro Comp Reservior Shocks / Kodiak Sidewinder Steps / Wet Okole Seat Covers / Magnaflow Catback Exhaust / Srpay in Bedliner

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Re: Fabtech FTS2200K Coilover Kit

well the fabtechs came off when i sold the access cab. i got a double cab now and want to put them on but they were leaking (my parking spot looks like it has black freckles). anybody know a local shop (los angeles vicinity) that will rebuild 'em? fabtech suggested a company in the san diego area, but i don't want to pay for shipping as these are pretty heavy.