Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Back brake lights flash on while truck is off

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shoebopper 
#1 ·
I have notice that periodically my brake lights come on for a few seconds while the truck is off.
I first noticed this coming back from a walk and saw the brake lights on with the truck in the driveway. At first I thought someon was in the truck, but it was still locked. Since that time I have noticed it several more times and I just came back from a week vacation to find the battery was dead.

Does anyone know what might be causing the brake lights to flash periodically like this??

#2 ·
That's a new one on me! We have seen a member here who's headlights would come on periodically. Good luck and maybe someone that has had this problem before will help you out.

#3 ·
I would think a quick check of the brake light switch under the pedal may be needed just to see if it's a bit screwed up. Could be making intermittent contact or something. Another possible thought is the alarm system might be malfuntioning, if you have one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.