Bilstein 5100 Lift with*Pictures*

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bilstein 5100 Lift with*Pictures*

Liked
    0 times

Default Bilstein 5100 Lift with*Pictures*

CARDOMAIN CHECK IT OUT.

Hey guys so i finally did it. IT was well worth it. The Bilstein %100 lift is more than worth the money. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Last edited by youngtacoma06; 12-04-2007 at 10:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Bilstein 5100 Lift with*Pictures*

looks sick man! Nice job What height setting did you use on the front?
    Last edited by 06Sport; 12-04-2007 at 10:47 AM.
    2006 V6 4x4 Silver Streak Tacoma, TRD-Sport, 6-Speed, Access Cab, Tow-Package

Liked
    0 times

I have it at the make height. 2.25 for the front

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

That looks awesome! What did you use to lift the back? Did you put bilsteins all around? Nice truck.

Liked
    0 times

yeah i did. I used bilsteins all around. The extended rear shock with the 1.5 inch leveling block. Well worth it. LOOK AT Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks from Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

youngtacoma06, What is the BP on your wheels? I just ordered a set of Pro Comp 17x9 with 4.75 BP with a 285-70-17 BFG and read in another forum that the wheels will rub the the brake caliper and may require more lift. What do you think?

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by youngtacoma06 View Post
    CARDOMAIN CHECK IT OUT.

Hey guys so i finally did it. IT was well worth it. The Bilstein %100 lift is more than worth the money. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

looks great man...the one in the yard aint too shabby either!

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 06DCLTD4WDWHT View Post
    youngtacoma06, What is the BP on your wheels? I just ordered a set of Pro Comp 17x9 with 4.75 BP with a 285-70-17 BFG and read in another forum that the wheels will rub the the brake caliper and may require more lift. What do you think?

thanks guys for the rims i was going to go with the pro comp tires but i was not able to get the 16X8 in them, they would rub. The procomp 17X9 fit there needs to be a little cutting in them but it will work out. Post some pixs when your done

Junior Member Bravo_Echo_November's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Just to clarify, what size wheels and tires were you able to go with with the 5100s? I'm looking at lift options, but I want to run 16x8s with 285-75-16s. Your truck looks really good!
    2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Sport 4x4 - Indigo Ink Pearl
    Grillcraft Billet grills, Westin Platinum Nerf Bars, Truxedo Lo-Pro Cover, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Pioneer AVIC-D3 Navigation with Bluetooth, iPod and BOYO Rear-View Cam, Viper 5900 Alarm/Remote Start, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, TRD CAI
    Fox Racing 2.5' Coil-overs and Fox 2.0 Rears with Resi's, TC UCAs, All Pro 3" Springs, MT Classic Locks, BFG MTs

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Arrow Re: Bilstein 5100 Lift with*Pictures*

Quote Originally Posted by youngtacoma06 View Post
    CARDOMAIN CHECK IT OUT.

Looks Great! But are you ever gona take it offroad or is it just a pretty pavement pounder?

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo_Echo_November View Post
    Just to clarify, what size wheels and tires were you able to go with with the 5100s? I'm looking at lift options, but I want to run 16x8s with 285-75-16s. Your truck looks really good!
    they will fit, I have the 16X9 the only thing you have to do is do a little fender cutting 285 75 16s

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 81toypu View Post
    Looks Great! But are you ever gona take it offroad or is it just a pretty pavement pounder?
    No it will touch the mud. Whats the point of having a truck if it doesnt get dirty.

Liked
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by 06DCLTD4WDWHT View Post
    youngtacoma06, the tuck looks sweet. I just wanted to comment on wheel fitment.

Your 17x9's should fit. I have 17x8's with 4.8" of backspacing with 295/70-17 tires. They won't rub the brake caliper but mine (and yours) will rub the upper control arm at full steering lock, which I avoid anyway. The magic number for backspacing is supposed to be 4.5" (on 16" or 17" wheels) to avoid the upper control arm. I don't find it to be a huge problem so I haven't put on 1" wheel adaptors or popped $550 for Total Chaos upper control arms yet. The Total Chaos upper control arms will also allow you a bit more caster hich can help with the wandering at freeway speeds that is often associated with lifting and larger tires.

I am running the Toytec/OME 3" with OME 885 coils and Alcan add a leafs. I will be adding the OME shocks very soon, which are valved to work with the lift to soften the ride a bit. They are also longer so the shocks aren't over extended (which is very easy to do with the stock Bilsteins). Here are a couple of pics. You can click on the link in my sig to see more.

Last edited by loknload; 12-27-2007 at 06:11 PM.
    2010 Tundra DC 4x4, front level kit, BFG A/T's
    Pioneer AVH-X5500, Boston Accoustics GT4100, Soundstream RUB1.1000D, CDT HD-62AS front stage, 2 JL Audio 10W1v2 in Fox Acoustics ported enclosure, Big 3 done with Sears Diehard Platinum PM-1 battery.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Ok, I got the 5100s and need some help on putting them in. I read that you need to remove the lower control arm, but when I looked at your pics you removed the upper? I have the sway off and the lower off at this point and will finish in the morning. Also, the strut compressor says to compress 180 deg from each other but they do not fit! What strut compressor did you use?

Liked
    0 times

Can I buy the front and rear shocks you have, get them installed and not need the spacers and still get some lift?

I don't off road, highway more than anything, just like the looks but also don't want to sacrifice riding comfort.

Sorry if I sound dumb, but I am .
    No matter how incredibly gorgeous she is, no matter how spectacularly, eye-searingly, agonizingly beautiful she may be...
    there is some guy somewhere who is sick of her sh*t

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.