07 door lock problems

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 07 door lock problems

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 07 door lock problems

Has anybody else had a problem with the actuaters in their electric door locks going out. I've got 41k miles and I've already replaced all 4 door locks and now I'm starting over on the driver door lock.
    the dealership has fixed them all under warranty but the service guy tells me he's never seen anything like it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 07 door lock problems

I just had another actuator fixed on the passenger side yeaterday. This is getting ridiculous. If anybody has had a similar problem please let me know what could be causing this

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    108 times
    Images

This is insane! Did the dealer try to give an explaination?
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    1 times

Personally, I would call Toyota Corporate and complain. Last thing you need is to get outside of warranty and have one go bad (they're expensive parts). See if they'll cover the actuators for life without any hassle since they haven't fixed what's causing the failure (loose ground wire, something).

And read post #17 on this thread. Although it's a thread related to keyless entry, it provides some insightful info on the actuators. It made me wonder if your keyless remote/door lock ECU is sending too long of a pulse and causing them to fail. Not sure if this would be helpful to the technician in diagnosing the cause or not.
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ctuator&page=2

And just so you know, they do go out on other people too...just not to your extent:
    More trouble with power locks... - Tacoma World Forums
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (.85), Front Diff Drop, Owned: 12/3/04
    Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter | & 2010 Highlander 4WD

Liked
    1 times

Having the same problems with my truck. The passenger rear door lock was messing up, took it to the dealer, they said I needed a new actuator, told them "hell no!" when I heard the cost, and it has worked flawlessly since they put it back together. Now the passenger side front door is doing it now too.
    '07 Tundra DC SR5 TRD off-road 4.7L - car/boat hauler
    '12 Yaris 5-door hatch - wife daily driver
    '08 Yaris 4-door sedan - my daily driver
    '07 Lexus RX350 AWD fully loaded - kid hauler
    '87 Conquest TSI - turbo go-cart
    '99 Z28 - street race car (sold)
    '07 Victory Hammer
    30' Baja

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    108 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PlowTown Missile View Post
    Having the same problems with my truck. The passenger rear door lock was messing up, took it to the dealer, they said I needed a new actuator, told them "hell no!" when I heard the cost, and it has worked flawlessly since they put it back together. Now the passenger side front door is doing it now too.
    Had a window motor go out in my '99 Tacoma, took it to the dealer and they took things apart to look at it. When I heard the price to fix it I said no and it worked again for a long time before it gave out again. Funny how that works.

Back to topic, I would also suggest calling toyota corporate. There has to be something causing all of this damage. If all of these had been on your pocket I'm sure it would have been very costly!
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

THe service guy has asked me if i have any strange radios or anyting that transmits a signal and all i have is a hardwired sirius radio and he says that wouldnt throw it off, but otherwise nobody knows. I complained enough and the dealer paid for the last two but they said "no more".

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I've also had problems with the door actuators failing. Just had my 9th actuator failure in the 5 years I've owned the vehicle.
    I purchased an extended warranty which covered the first 8 repairs and had my 9th failure 9 days after the warranty expired.
    I called Toyota direct and was assigned a case number which I recieved a call from them and was basically told that they hadn't had a recall and that they weren't going to help in any way. They told me it was up to the dealer to decide if they wanted to help me and that they were partners with their dealers.
    It seems as though this is not an isolated problem and for Toyota to not help solve the problem is just plain wrong.
    I am going to continue trying to contact Toyota Corporate for a solution to this issue.
    It can only help if everyone who has a similar issue contacts them as well!
    Perhaps if all who experience this problam do the same, maybe they'll issue that recall!

Liked
    1 times

My driver's side lock is currently not working. I've been putting off fixing it.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Does anyone know where I can find the right rear door lock assembly for cheap? So far the cheapest I can find is at onlinetoyotaparts.com for $225. Took me forever to find ANY part. The OEM part number is 690500C060. I haven't been able to find a cheaper aftermarket. I think it might be the same part as for the Sequoia.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I think I found a part (“LOCK ASSY, REAR DOOR, RH <http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/products/LOCK-ASSY--REAR-DOOR--RH/2231386/693050C010.html> ” #69330) for $100 at villagetoyotaparts.com. If you buy the whole thing with cables and extra stuff it’s over $200. It looks like the Sequoia part is the same as the Tundra part and you can buy one of the sub assemblies for $106. If you look it up on that website it shows a drawing.

I’m assuming the Sequoia part is the same ‘cause when you google search the OEM part number 69050-0C030, it also brings up Sequoia parts. Note that this part is for the entire assembly which is $240 (2010 TOYOTA SEQUOIA SR5 Rear Right Door Lock Actuator Motor )

Can anyone confirm the $106 part will work??

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Note this is for a tundra. I probably should have posted this elsewhere.

Liked
    0 times

I had 3 replaced under warranty. Driver, Passenger (x2) under warranty and now the rear driver's door is sticking. Didn't realize this was such a widespread issue.
    2007 Tundra DC SR5 4x4
    Mods pending...

Liked
    1 times

I had all four replaced a couple of years ago. They went out one at a time. When the driver's door went I had them all done. Toyota Corp. wouldn't work with me at all as my warranty had just expired. My local dealer (South Coast Toyota) covered the cost. Well, I'm getting ready for round two. The front passenger door was intermittent, now it doesn't unlock at all unless you annually unlock it. Truck is an '07 CrewMax.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Just got back from the dealer. Apparently I had 3 door lock actuator motors fail at the same time over the weekend. 2010 Tundra SR5. nearly 1400.00 to replace. Truck has 137k but only 3 yrs old this month. Called Toyota and they have given me the standard your 36k miles or 3yr warranty has expired. My first Toyota. May be my last. Power sunroof failed 15 months. Thank goodness I bought the 100k mile extended warranty that coverd that. That one was $1800.00. Has anyone replaced these themselves?