Access Cab Subwoofer

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Access Cab Subwoofer

Liked
    0 times

Default Access Cab Subwoofer

I've had a ten inch sub in my 2005 Access Cab for a while now and I wouldnt think about going back to just four speakers. However, I would like to reclaim the footspace for the rear passengers so I was wondering if any other access cab owners would like to brainstorm a bit and figure out the best way to go about it. I already have the amps mounted to the back wall behind the seats. If you want details, just ask, but sufficed to say it sounds like I did a lot worse damage than it turned out. I'm guessing most of the other access cab owners wouldn't go to the extremes that I did.

Here is my initial idea for what I want. Raise the back seats up on a three or four inch mdf box that goes down into the storage compartments. This would give room for the bottom of a sub woofer and your passengers would have even more room to stretch out. Carpet the box and viola, no one knows you hid a sub, and possibly an amp on the other side, under those seats.

Let me know if you guys think of anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

[QUOTE=QuasiInsomniac]I've had a ten inch sub in my 2005 Access Cab for a while now and I wouldnt think about going back to just four speakers. However, I would like to reclaim the footspace for the rear passengers so I was wondering if any other access cab owners would like to brainstorm a bit and figure out the best way to go about it. I already have the amps mounted to the back wall behind the seats.

Hello,

I'm curious, I just bought an 05 and can't seem to see how to get to the back of the rear seats? Did you get creative in the mounting of the amps? Did you not want to use the 2 8" box? Seems like you get more bass out of that? Some thoughts? Thanks.

Rob

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Default I found these pics . . .

I found these pics . . .

There was a guy that makes these I will get his name . . . and post when I find out who he is. I have a double cab so I did not keep his info . .

Tacoma Double Cab, Factory Leather with Liquicell, TRD#2, Nightvision with Homelink, Custom Stripe, TRD Mats, Sound System:
    Speaker Mounts: http://www.tacotunes.com
    Audio: http://www.imagedynamics.com Speakers Image Dynamics: http://www.sounddomain.com

MORE PICS OF MY TACO:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/823613

Liked
    0 times

[QUOTE=seto]
    Quote Originally Posted by QuasiInsomniac
    I've had a ten inch sub in my 2005 Access Cab for a while now and I wouldnt think about going back to just four speakers. However, I would like to reclaim the footspace for the rear passengers so I was wondering if any other access cab owners would like to brainstorm a bit and figure out the best way to go about it. I already have the amps mounted to the back wall behind the seats.

Hello,

I'm curious, I just bought an 05 and can't seem to see how to get to the back of the rear seats? Did you get creative in the mounting of the amps? Did you not want to use the 2 8" box? Seems like you get more bass out of that? Some thoughts? Thanks.

Rob
    I did have to get creative. In fact, more creative than you are going to want to get with your brand new access cab. In fact fact, probably more creative than most people on this forum would think is right. With that said, I removed that plastic backing that is supposed to be called a seat-back and took out that metal cross member that is riveted to the back wall. Apparently, I discoved that it is only there for the child seat hook, nothing more. This gives you a broad canvas to mount amps onto. But a lot of amps are bigger than that seat-back hump allows for so I cut holes in the bottom of it to make the humps bigger. Basically, after that step, if you look at it, you see the seat back and part of the amps you mounted. I them carpeted the entire seat back and tucked edges behind the existing carpeted parts on either side. You can't tell at all that there are amps gently bulgeing out and only those who are aware of how the original looked would notice the carpet instead of the plastic. Carpet is quieter by the way, and more insulation in the winter.

Liked
    0 times

yeah, im iterested in ideas for my access cab too.

my sterio project calls for a jl 500/1, 300/4, 1 sub 10w7, alpine iva hu. i want my system to be stealth, i want it to look as factory as possible, too many thiefs in hawaii.

i though about raising the rear bench seat a few inches and builing my own sub box for the bench to sit upon. i figue the amps to go behind the rear seat rest along with the alpine iva brain and tv reciever.

another idea i had was to cut the floorpan and add a few inches to deepen it below the rear passenger seat. i have yet to completeley pull the back seat out to see what the best route is. i need to get ahold of a 10w7 sub chassis to experiment.
    MODS: (TRD Urban package) - tint, stereo, jack-in-the box antennae ball, and my middle finger.

~ been there, done that, got the panties ~

Liked
    0 times

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...d.php?p=388484

That is the link to the thread I started about my finished product sub enclosure. It seemed a fitting way to wrap this thread up.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Red face Re: Access Cab Subwoofer

I have a 01 Tundra and have done some research on this matter. I found Q-Logic has come up with a neat and space saving idea. The box is a bit pricey, which I have found the cheapest to be on Ebay. Mount the amp behind the seat or under driver side seat,running wire under carpet .Sounds great,and have had MANY compliments on how it sounds. No one believes I have subs in my truck. They offer 2 8" speakers, but any one could customize it to what ever size. Good luck and best wishes LEGS

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: I found these pics . . .

[/QUOTE]

did you ever get this guy's info? those look pretty sweet and i could use those in my ac tundra

Liked
    2201 times
    Images

Default Re: Access Cab Subwoofer

Cheater! Cheater! Stick to Tundra stuff!

Just kidding, I almost posted the same question. My buddy did something similar with his older toyota extra cab but his doesn't have doors so it was simpler. (pre access cabs with moving doors). I like this idea.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-09-2013, 03:09 PM
  2. 07-01-2011, 11:20 PM