Biggest tires on a stock 2006 Tacoma

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Biggest tires on a stock 2006 Tacoma

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Biggest tires on a stock 2006 Tacoma

I know that it has been asked before but can't get a straight answer anywhere. I found you can put 265/75/16s on a stock 4x4 tacoma(06) with stock rims. Anyway I have a prerunner and was wondering if I could put this size tires on my prerunner with the stock rims. Right now I have 245/75(stock) tires on which are basically the same as the 265/70s they put on the 4x4s. Also do the 4x4s sit any higher than the pre runners?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Biggest tires on a stock 2006 Tacoma

You can put 265/75/16s on. I tried them on my prerunner with Mickey Thompson Classic IIs, but they wouldn't fit. They hit the inside fender (offset was a little larger then stock). The guy said thry would and we tried them on the stock rims and they fit. I just wanted the Classic IIs so I went with 265/70/16 revos.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Ok cool cause i wanted to put at least a little bigger tires on. My main complaint with my stock tires are they are way too narrow. they are a 245 though so i guess thats why.

Liked
    0 times

i guess your looking for the biggest tires possible on a stock 4x4 only, but just to let you know i was able to put 275/70's on my 2wd w/ very slight rubbing on my front Drivers side mud flap if thats any help to ya. also, that was w/ 17 inch rims.....if you have 16's you could probably put 275/75's on it.

Liked
    0 times

Here are some pics of mine for ya if this helps.....
    i think if you click on the pic it enlarges....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Album1 005.jpg 
Views:	5772 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	11817

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Album1 004.jpg 
Views:	7540 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	11818

Liked
    0 times

Hey Medic, What kind of tires are you running? That's the size I have been looking for.
    Matt. 2005 D-Cab Off-Road Impulse Red.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Ok so the 265/75 will fit a 4x4 but will it fit a pre runner just as well? I dont go offroad so thats not a concern. I just wanna make sure they will fit fine before I get those cause its either the 256 70 or 265 75 ,but just like everyone else i want the biggest tire that will still work with out hacking everything.

Liked
    0 times

I'm buying new tires tomorrow and I was wondering what's the biggest size of BFG A/T KO's I can fit on my '05 TRD Prerunner with no rubbing with my mudflaps on? Right now I have 265/70/16. Any help is appreciated. thanks

EDIT: nevermind. I did some more research and I've come up with 265/75/16. I just ordered a set.
    Milky

2005 Double Cab Tacoma TRD

click for bigger pic.