TRD Tacoma four door short bed out the door price?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRD Tacoma four door short bed out the door price?

Liked
    0 times

Default TRD Tacoma four door short bed out the door price?

I thought I was going to buy today was pretty much set. I drove the SR5, it felt good, went to the TRD, and liked the seats a bit better and a few other options.

Bottom line out the door price was 30, 700 taxes included! I thought this was high compared to what I've seen online.

Invoice for this truck was 27, 624 + a 300 dollar handling fee.

Included the following

TRD OC 4x4 short bed package, not the sport.
    Towing Package
    Outside temp guage
    JBL CD player

Does this sound high? Taxes are just over 7.8 percent. Going to keep looking and save another grand it looks like. I'm starting to have doubts now.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: TRD Tacoma four door short bed out the door price?

I was out the door BEFORE taxes at 27,600 *including leather* package for DC, Sport TRD, 4x4, all otpions, short bed, etc...

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Chad L.
    I thought I was going to buy today was pretty much set. I drove the SR5, it felt good, went to the TRD, and liked the seats a bit better and a few other options.

Bottom line out the door price was 30, 700 taxes included! I thought this was high compared to what I've seen online.

Invoice for this truck was 27, 624 + a 300 dollar handling fee.

Included the following

TRD OC 4x4 short bed package, not the sport.
    Towing Package
    Outside temp guage
    JBL CD player

Does this sound high? Taxes are just over 7.8 percent. Going to keep looking and save another grand it looks like. I'm starting to have doubts now.

Thanks
    Phil
    '06 TRD Sport, Indigo Blue, Two-tone leather
    **'05 Lotus Elise**'00 Grand Cherokee**'78 FJ40 Rock Crawler** Quads and Bikes**

Liked
    0 times

I paid right at $28,000.00 INCLUDING taxes for a TRD SPORT Double Cab 4x4 , TO pkg, Exaust tip, floor mats & RS3200 security alarm

sticker was $30,521.00

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by turbophil
    I was out the door BEFORE taxes at 27,600 *including leather* package for DC, Sport TRD, 4x4, all otpions, short bed, etc...

Hope that helps
    They offer leather ? I thought they were all cloth fabric

Liked
    0 times

out the door price is going to be different from everyone because tax and title are different for every location. so it's best to compare before tax title and fees price
    2006 Tacoma double cab 4x4 TRD off road
    Donahoe Racing Coilovers and External Reservior Shocks
    EMU Dakar Leaf Springs
    Total Chaos Upper Control Arms

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by BuckHunter06
    They offer leather ? I thought they were all cloth fabric

I was wondering about this. I've never seen leather as an option, even in the Taco brouchure from the dealer.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by PRTaco
    I was wondering about this. I've never seen leather as an option, even in the Taco brouchure from the dealer.
    you're correct in the fact that the 2006 brochure NOR the online E brochure shows leather as an option (in my zip code/region) , HOwever I have seen other people in this forum post that they have leather as well

Liked
    0 times

The tax thing is true. So how about price before taxes? I listed the invoice price I was given, and it seemed to be about 600-800 bucks higher than what Edmunds was saying.

I had emailed about five dealers today. Two contacted me, and one quoted a higher invoice, the other will be getting back.

The price for a TRD is a lot higher than I anticipated even after all the research. I would love one, but the dealers will have to make it right.

Maybe this Memorial weekend there will be a sale or two.

Can't help to not look at the Dodge trucks with warranty, rebates, and such being offered.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by mckinley
    you're correct in the fact that the 2006 brochure NOR the online E brochure shows leather as an option (in my zip code/region) , HOwever I have seen other people in this forum post that they have leather as well
    I wonder if it is a 3rd party package. Surely someboy knows. First purchase when I finish grad school in 86 days is a new Tacoma, hopefully with leather.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by PRTaco
    I wonder if it is a 3rd party package. Surely someboy knows. First purchase when I finish grad school in 86 days is a new Tacoma, hopefully with leather.
    I bought mine w/leather from the dealer, though it is a katzskin kit...very nice.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Chad L.
    The tax thing is true. So how about price before taxes? I listed the invoice price I was given, and it seemed to be about 600-800 bucks higher than what Edmunds was saying.

I had emailed about five dealers today. Two contacted me, and one quoted a higher invoice, the other will be getting back.

The price for a TRD is a lot higher than I anticipated even after all the research. I would love one, but the dealers will have to make it right.

Maybe this Memorial weekend there will be a sale or two.

Can't help to not look at the Dodge trucks with warranty, rebates, and such being offered.
    Keep hammering away at those Toyota dealers, I know its a pain at times. But in the end, you will reward yourself with the truck you really wanted.

Unless you were smitten by the Dodge, or a die-hard Dodge man, you will regret not getting a Tacoma. My bud has one, I, the Tacoma. No comparsion. Even if the Tacoma is more $ in the end, it'll pay for itself in no time, not only in resale, maintenance down the road, but also cause you'll be getting 2-3 mpg better than the Dodge.

Good Luck

Liked
    0 times

Guys,

I was almost there. You're right Demon just keep chopping away.

I was at 27000k for the TRD tonight. With tax it was right at 29045k. We Kept going back and forth (my number is 29k out the door) and I lost it by a DOC fee. They wanted a 385 dollar DOC fee. I told them I'd split it. He didn't budge. I told him I couldn't do it and thought they'd get me at the door, but they didn't. My heart was a beating thats for sure. I think the breaker for them, is the one I wanted wasn't on the lot. They kept telling me they were giving me a deal (which to me it wasn't bad) so, my gut is to go to another dealer and see what happens. One with that color on the lot.

As a side note, that was quite a difference from dealer one. This dealer also quoted me the correct tax unlike the other.

Wish me luck

Liked
    0 times

mine was about 25600 before tax+licence, came out to 28500 otd.

DC, TRD off road, 4x4 with towing and those really expensive TRD floor mats.

Liked
    0 times

$27k before tax. I have the TRD OR, towing pkg, bed mat. By my Edmunds calculations, I was at about 400+ over invoice. The truck was just shy of $30k on sticker. That really wasn't a bad price the dealer gave you. Are you sure it was worth the $45 to walk out on the deal? Eventually you will get the truck for what you want to pay, but after all that haggling, I'd accept a $45 hit, if only to shut those morons up and get into a new truck.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I bought tacoma access cab w/ off-road package on 3rd week of May. It was 28k otd (including 7% tax + license) in Philly. It was 29.5k sticker price. I was thinking of getting an '07 model at first. But oh well, I wanted that truck since '05.

Pros: Smooth ride, comfy seats, built solid, rear locking diff. (unlike the sport and sr5 package).

Cons: At 92 degree weather (day time), stereo LCD turned close to black and could hardly see any text on it. Did that happen on your tacoma??? I'm just curious. I'm thinking of replacing it with 7inch touch screen w/ car pc anyways.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.