Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Rhino liner - finally getting the bed sprayed.

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Herbicidal 
#1 ·
I was listening to a local news radio station this past Friday and heard an ad for a $100 discount on a Rhino liner. I've been debating getting a sprayed in liner for several years now and the price always brought me up a bit short. So I called the number and found out it belongs to the One Stop Truck shop in Sacramento, CA. I live in Roseville, so it's about 15 minutes from my house. The normal price for a shortbed truck like my Tundra (under the rail) is $449. Take off $100 and now I'm looking at $349, including a nationwide lifetime warranty. Finally a price that I can handle. Made my appt. for Saturday, May 31st. :tu:

I wonder how much more it would cost to do my rock sliders? Hmmmm... :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Thanks for the tip. :tu:

#4 ·
$349 is the normal everyday price in my area.

If you don't plan on getting a tonneau cover, I suggest you get the optional UV topcoat. If you don't, your Rhino bedliner will look like this within a year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/123Gone/Rhino23.jpg
you'll be happy with the Rhino Lining as that was the first thing i did to the truck. Also, there's a product that Rhino sells that will bring back that dull finish back to new again. I'm not sure how much it is but I was inquiring about it at the time they were spraying the bed. Kind a like armor all or something.

#5 ·
Well, it's called Rhino Shine. It's thick and nasty and will eventually peel off the bedliner. There are better products than Rhino Shine such as Just Once or 303 Aerospace.

Of course if you get LINE-X with Xtra, then you won't have to do ANYTHING to the bedliner except wash it.

#6 ·
So is the UV top coat completely different than the Rhino shine product? Sounds like I would want to go with the UV top coat for sure and maybe not the Rhino shine. Yes, no, maybe so?

Thanks again for the advice 123Gone since this isn't even your product. :)

#7 ·
Here's the deal:

Rhino's first product was Rhino Shine. It's not a one-time application, you have to reapply it occasionally. Here is a picture of brand new Tuff Stuff with Rhino Shine. To be fair, Tuff Stuff is NOT Rhino's current main product though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/123Gone/Rhinotailgate.jpg

Some Rhino dealers (not all) offer a one-time application UV topcoat. These types of topcoats are not new to the industry, but they are new to Rhino. LINE-X has had several of these types of UV topcoats in the past. The problem with most of these industry UV topcoats is that they strickly lay on top of the actual bedliner and are not durable enough for some people. If you moderately work the truck bed, over time, you probably will wear though the topcoat.

In order to find a better product, LINE-X called upon Dupont. LINE-X and Dupont spent over two years formulating the LINE-X Xtra product. The unique features of Xtra include actual migration into the bedliner (achieving a desired mechanical bond) and contains Dupont Kevlar micro pulp for enhanced durability. Dupont manufactures Xtra only for LINE-X and currently, no other brand has a product like it. Here's a picture of black Xtra that's AT LEAST two years old. Although the floor is a little dirty, the bedliner is still black and sparkles in the sun like a brand new bedliner.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/123Gone/Xtra2006A.jpg

So, what's right for you? If you don't want to spend the extra money for UV protection, I suggest an occasional application of Just Once or 303 Aerospace. I don't recommend Rhino Shine. If you don't mind spending a little more money, you should plan on Rhino's one-time applied UV topcoat if you don't think you will be giving your truck bed a workout. If you think you will be using your truck's bed like a truck's bed :D, then you should consider a more durable product like Xtra.

Also, just to let you know, LINE-X has a 33.1% higher tear resistance than Rhino's current products (Tuff Grip and Hardline).

I'm all for you getting whatever is right for you. Everyone is different and thank goodness you have a choice. However, due to the significant drop in truck sales and the current state of the economy, you may NOT have a choice in the near future. :eek:

#8 ·
The new liner went in today. We'll see over time how it holds up and so forth. Here's a pic. You can even see my dirty footprints after I reinstalled my Hi-Lift jack. :D They removed all the nuts and bolts in the bed and on the tailgate before spraying. I'm happy with it!

#10 ·
Thanks! I had to clean up the Hi-Lift (60" model since I have the RCD lift) before putting it back 'cause the new liner made it look so bad! :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.