05+ access cab owners. subwoofer

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 05+ access cab owners. subwoofer

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 05+ access cab owners. subwoofer

what have you guys done for subwoofer placement? i was thinking of doing something like a downfiring pioneer premier shallow mount 10" sub positioned inbetween the center console and the rear middle seat... any other suggestions? im trying to utilize space.
    box2taco
    07 BSP tacoma 4x4 off road
    from a scion xb to a taco.. big diference? i think so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 05+ access cab owners. subwoofer

I have been facing this same dilemma, I want to do a sub(s) and I am not really sure where I want to put it. I was thinking about removing the rear door speakers and putting in some Elemental Designs , since it is a small cab, I dont think alot of bass is going to be needed to produce good sound. I was thinking to put some edead or dynomat to deaden to doors, those mini subs, and an amp to power them. Since I just got my truck, it may be a little bit before I get the funds to do this. Also, in that link there is a video of them flexing that sub, looks like a powerful little sub.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am in the process of making a box for mine. I went through a long thought process and I stood there moving my sub all over the place to try and decide where to put it. I would have liked to be able to use the seats, but to me it was more important to have the seats flat. Hardly anyone ever rides in those seats anyways. My Husky however does ride back there a lot and it is much better for him to have that large flat area. So, since he is the only one to ride in the back I will leave the seats folded down. Also I have a 10 inch sub to go back there, so I had to decide where it would fit, while also giving my dog room to lay down. I ended up making a decision to build a box and place the 10" sub facing up right behind the center console. I will take pics when I am done. It is angled so to give more room in the back to allow for my dog when he is laying down. [__/ Kinda like that.. And if my dog were to stand on the box, I will cover the Sub area with a nice cut to fit piece of Steel Mesh. I will paint it black and the probably Paint a Stencil of the TRD logo in Red..
    2005 TRD Sport Pre-runner w/ dash kit and JVC MP3 set-up, door sill protectors, TRD seat covers, Ipod hook-up, tonneu cover.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

[QUOTE=VividFLEP;574915]I have been facing this same dilemma, I want to do a sub(s) and I am not really sure where I want to put it. I was thinking about removing the rear door speakers and putting in some Elemental Designs

NOOOOO don't do it trust me i wasted the cash on a set and 4 days of work i tried everything from baffled to sealed to ported those things have a lot of throw but make very little noise....

save yourself the shelf space and just do 8" components up front they even make kick panels to fit 6 1/2 also.

here is a link for some boxes for tacoma's SuperCrewSound
    [QUOTE=JUNGLEMAN]You so totally ROCK

http://www.myspace.com/my_twisted_life

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Pioneer makes some very shallow subs made to go under truck seats. Check this out:

Pioneer Electronics - Sound. Vision. Soul

At the bottom of the page, they also have a mount box for it, so that could be an option. I know people have also placed them in the doors in place of the other speakers.
    2006 Tacoma, Radiant Red Prerunner, Off Road Package, Pioneer AVIC-D3 in-dash navigation with bluetooth and XMradio/NavTraffic

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 01gsxr1 View Post
    NOOOOO don't do it trust me i wasted the cash on a set and 4 days of work i tried everything from baffled to sealed to ported those things have a lot of throw but make very little noise....

save yourself the shelf space and just do 8" components up front they even make kick panels to fit 6 1/2 also.

here is a link for some boxes for tacoma's SuperCrewSound
    I also have dogs that will be riding in the back of my Tacoma, so neither of the AC boxes will work for me, but thank you for the link. What I may have to do is get 2 of the pioneer premier subs, 10's or 12's since they need minimal air space, and build a false floor flush with the top of the rear seats when they are folded up, and fire the subs towards the floor, possibly with a port that flows under the front seats. This is going to take a little more planning now, but thank you for letting me know that those ED subs will sound like crap.

Liked
    0 times

Could do these also Elemental Designs pretty good price, so if it does not work out, I am not losing out on much money.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by VividFLEP View Post
    Could do these also Elemental Designs pretty good price, so if it does not work out, I am not losing out on much money.
    SQ10 definitely ends up with more bass all around than the Eu-700 in a 1:1 matchup.

As for the 7Kv.2 not sounding good, how was it installed? In a properly sealed enclosure, they work great. If it was moving a bunch but not making sound, it sounds more like an enclosure issue than the sub.
    Chris Schempp
    Elemental Designs

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i like that idea... im thinkin about doin that. with the pioneer shallow 10"
    box2taco
    07 BSP tacoma 4x4 off road
    from a scion xb to a taco.. big diference? i think so.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by box2taco View Post

i like that idea... im thinkin about doin that. with the pioneer shallow 10"
    If you are going to go with that setup, don't waste your time with a shallow mount sub, you will have the airspace to do something better.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post
    SQ10 definitely ends up with more bass all around than the Eu-700 in a 1:1 matchup.

As for the 7Kv.2 not sounding good, how was it installed? In a properly sealed enclosure, they work great. If it was moving a bunch but not making sound, it sounds more like an enclosure issue than the sub.

like i said we did ported and sealed on spec in the doors in fiberglass encloses.we even did bench tests and made a 2nd set of boxes just to make sure.so i am just not impressed with the sound of the 7kv.2 at all.

just a waste of time....just glad they were cheap
    [QUOTE=JUNGLEMAN]You so totally ROCK

http://www.myspace.com/my_twisted_life