Will FJ rims fit on 1st generation Tundra?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Will FJ rims fit on 1st generation Tundra?

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Default Will FJ rims fit on 1st generation Tundra?

Anybody know if the FJ rims pictured here would fit on a 1st generation Tundra?

I'm figuring since it is the 6-bolt pattern, that they are the same fitment as found on the Tacoma, Sequoia, and Tundra, right?

I'm just shopping around for (somewhat cheaper) rims that would work since my original rims are getting corroded, and I don't wanna assume anything...
    2001 SR5 Access Cab 4.7V8 4x4
    OEM: FJ Rims; bed-liner; alarm; running boards; all-weather mats; door sill protectors; 13WL brake caliper upgrade; refurbed power steering rack
    TRD: TRD coils; color-keyed mirror covers, embroidered signature mats; Bilstein shocks
    OTHER: Bridgestone A/T Revos; NGK Iridium IX spark plugs; Skid Row front skid plate; Fumoto drain valve; Vibrant resonator; Magnaflow exhaust tip; Form-Fit deflector; Brembo rotors; Trfytoy window latches; Undercover tonneau; Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover; Hidden Hitch; Cobra 21LTD CB radio; K40 magmount CB antenna; Bushwacker Extend-a-Fender flares; Dorman polyurethane steering rack bushings; Moog outer tie rods; Moog sway bar links; Weathertech mats
    PENDING: TRD Kazuma LSD; Hellwig rear sway bar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

3. 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM

Reason
    Links/redirects to eBay are not permited per site policy - please see the FAQ

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Default Re: Will FJ rims fit on 1st generation Tundra?

Thanks for the tip!

I wish I could find a pic of somebody else who did the retrofit.

It sure would be different...
    OEM: FJ Rims; bed-liner; alarm; running boards; all-weather mats; door sill protectors; 13WL brake caliper upgrade; refurbed power steering rack
    TRD: TRD coils; color-keyed mirror covers, embroidered signature mats; Bilstein shocks
    OTHER: Bridgestone A/T Revos; NGK Iridium IX spark plugs; Skid Row front skid plate; Fumoto drain valve; Vibrant resonator; Magnaflow exhaust tip; Form-Fit deflector; Brembo rotors; Trfytoy window latches; Undercover tonneau; Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover; Hidden Hitch; Cobra 21LTD CB radio; K40 magmount CB antenna; Bushwacker Extend-a-Fender flares; Dorman polyurethane steering rack bushings; Moog outer tie rods; Moog sway bar links; Weathertech mats

Liked
    6 times
    Images

I did a quick PS job. Hmm...

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I hate to start a new thread, so I figured I would post here.
    any news on this? will the wheels fit a 1st gen tundra?
    (worried about offest more then anything, but any other issues of course wo uld be nice to know about.)

Thanks!
    Last edited by speeddemon32; 06-13-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Yes they will fit, no problem. I have them on my 02 4x4 and they are fine. No rubbing issues
    07 SR 5 DC Nautical Blue
    Toyo O/C AT's/ Lite Rider Bed Cover/ Eagle Step Tubes / Remote Start / OEM All Weather Mats/ Hitch step/ Bilstine 5100's @ 2.5 up front, stock TRD on the rear......../ Diff Drop...

Yesterday was the only easy day.........

Liked
    0 times

Hello, I have an 2005 SR5 with factory stock silver iron rims.
    I got a great deal on 5 brand new tires and aluminum alloy rims off an 09 FJ Cruiser.
    These rims originally had TPMS sensors, but where removed by the owner.

If someone could help me out?

Question: Can I transfer my TPMS sensors from the stock iron rims to the FJ Cruiser alloys? Or do I have to purchase new TPMS sensors. If I have to purchase the sensors, which kind should I get?
    -----------------------------------
    Update: I was unable to transfer the TPMS sensors from my steel rims to the FJ Cruiser alloys. But the larger tires and alloy rims look great. See pic.
    Last edited by OECTundra; 01-08-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Liked
    0 times

Can't answer the tire pressure sensor question, but I do have fitment results to add:

My older SR5 (2001) 2wd, without flares, took these wheels well, although there was mild rubbing in reverse while turning (not an issue), and with multiple passengers on either side at higher speeds. I loved the way these wheels looked compared to the stock steelies.
    2003 Tundra Access Cab - SR5 4.7L
    1985 Celica-Supra - 2JZ-GE project
    1985 Celica-Supra - MSnS-E - 420RWHP/401RWTQ

Liked
    2481 times
    Images

They should fit fine. Depends what tire size but the rims should work. I bought my axis rims off a knowledgeable guy who had them on his FJ. He assured me the two vehicles had the same wheel requirements as far as back spacing. Glad he was right.
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

Liked
    0 times

I forgot to add:

it was the tires that were rubbing. The ones that came with the wheels from Toyota. The wheels were the ones that were photo-chopped above.
    2003 Tundra Access Cab - SR5 4.7L
    1985 Celica-Supra - 2JZ-GE project
    1985 Celica-Supra - MSnS-E - 420RWHP/401RWTQ