Question Do larger tires contribute to height increase...

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Do larger tires contribute to height increase...

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Default Do larger tires contribute to height increase...

curious if someone was to buy 285 size tires vs the stock ones they had the 275 will that equate to a 1inch height increase of the overall truck since the tires are bigger?

I ask since I noticed some trucks with 6inch lifts look bigger than another truck that has 6inch lift also figured it was the tire difference such as a 35inch tire vs a 37inch tire increased its overall height to 8inches total (6inch lift with 2inch bigger than 35inch)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supercharged Member
    Liked
    368 times

Default Re: Do larger tires contribute to height increase...

Quote Originally Posted by JOCKTHEGLIDE View Post
    a 35inch tire vs a 37inch tire increased its overall height to 8inches total (6inch lift with 2inch bigger than 35inch)
    A 2" increase in tire diameter would only add 1" to vehicle height. There are far cheaper options to add 1" of lift. The difference in a 285 and 275 is .4" in width and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with height.
    Last edited by Johnny_5; 06-20-2010 at 03:30 AM.

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
    A 2" increase in tire diameter would only add 1" to vehicle height. There are far cheaper options to add 1" of lift. The difference in a 285 and 275 is .4" in width and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with height.
    thx johnny....cant decide on a 6inch lift or a 3 inch lift....I was looking at our fellow members tundra the white one in the tundra forum that is supercharged and man that is the perfect (4.5inch lift) height lift for me personaly, but dont want to spend 3 to 4k on a lift then add in the tires for nearly 5k or so.....

Liked
    172 times
    Images

Just my opinion but these trucks look really good with the 6" lift. The leveled look isn't bad but the 6" is bad azz.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by ktaulbee View Post
    Just my opinion but these trucks look really good with the 6" lift. The leveled look isn't bad but the 6" is bad azz.
    yeah I know, but based on the pictures I have seen all over google and here it seeems the bed is useless at that height since its too tall??? Maybe its the pictures and I need to see it in real life vs pictures.