Question 275/60/20 tires with 3/1 level kit?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 275/60/20 tires with 3/1 level kit?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 275/60/20 tires with 3/1 level kit?

Hey everyone, love the forum so thank you in advance for your help. I have a 2007 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crew Max. I am wanting to install 275/60/20 tires. Will a 3/1 level kit be too much....I don't want the tires to look small and out of place. I just want my truck to look slightly more aggressive, nothing overkill. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    14 times

Default Re: 275/60/20 tires with 3/1 level kit?

I just installed a 3/1 kit and went with 305/55's. They fit with no rubbing and no trimming. I would think that is a bit much for just 275's. Just a 2 inch front would probably suit the tires best. What are you more set on going with? The size tires or the size lift?

If you go to the thread below this one "INSTALLED...." you will see pics of the 3/1 with 305's
    Super White Limited Crew Max 4x4 Redrock Interior. 7-Inch BDS Suspension with Fox Racing Adjustable Coil Overs, ICON Billet UCA's, Custom Atlas Suspension full rear leaf springs, King Racing rear reservoir shocks, 20x9 Fuel "Pump" Wheels, 37x13.50-R20 Toyo Open Country M/T Tires, Nitro 4.88 gears with Auburn Pro limited slip, AMP Research power steps, Corsa Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Undercover Bed Cover, Bed Rug, Oracle HID's, Rigid Industries D2 Fog light conversion, Rigid Industries grille with 30-inch SR light bar, Tint.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

jgalanti's setup does look very nice but I think that 305/55/20 is about a 33.2" tire and the 275/60/20 is about 33". My calcs could be off but I don't think there would look to much of a difference except the width of the tire.

Liked
    0 times

You need min 305/ 55R20. You could also go 33" tire and it will nice and clean.
    I ran 33's BFG AT with a 3/1 kit. Good set up.

275 size tire is too small.
    11' Crewmax Platinum 4x4 | JL Audio 2x 13TW5 in Stealth Box | 2x JL Audio HD 600x1 | KN Air Intake 77 | WeatherTech Floor Liner | Sprayin Bed Liner|BDS 7" Lift | Mickey Thompson Baja Claw ATZ SLT 35x13.50x20 | 20" MotoMetal 951| ST Carrier Bearing Bracket | Icon AAL | Hypertech Speedo | 2" schackles | Corsa Sport Exhaust

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks everyone for responding. I also prefer the looks of the 305's over the 275/60/20. I prefer that little extra width with the 305, I am just not sure I want to spend that much. Also, I have been told by two tire shops here to avoid 10 ply tires at all cost due to the quality of ride (I know that is purely opinion). I think at the moment I am leaning towards a level kit only, not the 3/1, with 275/60/20 tires. Hopefully I won't regret not going bigger.