1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pics of Nitto Trail Grapplers on your ride?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Pics of Nitto Trail Grapplers on your ride?

I am really undecided on what wheels to get to go with the Nitto Trail Grapplers that I decided on for my tires, and I'd like to get some ideas on wheels that you all have wrapped in this specific tire. Just to give you some info on what I am looking for, I don't want any type of rim that is pure flash, something similar to a car rim. I'm looking at keeping my truck looking like a truck with just a more aggressive feel to it, not trying to go the route of the show-truck look, 18" to 20" is where I am staying. I think a lot of those rims look great on trucks but it's not what I'm looking for at this moment, so no offense to anyone who has chosen a spoked rim (for example: KMC Wheels - KMC651 - Slide, Lowest Prices on KMC Wheels or KMC Wheels - KMC665 - Surge, Lowest Prices on KMC Wheels)

I actually kind of like these Ion wheels for some reasonable: Ion Alloy Wheels 133 Black/Machine but it doesnt come in 18", jumps from 17" to 20".

I am open to suggestions on different wheel manufacturers to look at, right now I've just been looking on Discount Tire, Tire Rack, and 4Wheel Online since I'm not very aware of all of the truck wheel brands out there. Any insight here is also welcomed.

Budget is no more than $230/wheel, lower is better!

So please post up some pics of your Nitto Trail Grapplers wrapped in whatever wheel you chose so I can get some ideas. I am a very visual person. Thanks.

c-n-s

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Pics of Nitto Trail Grapplers on your ride?

IMO i would stick with something like the Ion wheel. What color is your truck? Have you looked into the XD series?
    Last edited by TwistedYota; 09-09-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    There's no replacement for displacement

Liked
    2988 times
    Images

I've had my eye on the IONs for some time. I wish someone here would buy a set so I could see it mounted real life!!!
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedYota View Post
    IMO i would stick with something like the Ion wheel. What color is your truck? Have you looked into the XD series?
    The Ion wheels I am actually looking at, like this Ion 136 Ion Alloy Wheels 136 Black/Machine Lip

I've been doing some reading on this site and from what I can tell I probably want to start with a leveling kit first to level out the ride height of my front-end before I start with bigger tires is that the correct route? I'm looking to eventually get 35's in the Nitto Trail Grapplers but if they would rub I could certainly be content with 33's.

My truck is bone stock. This is what I am thinking in terms of mods, in sequential order:

1. Leveling Kit
    2. Bigger Wheels/Tires
    3. Cold Air Intake (want to add some performance while giving the truck a better sound.

Anyone have any differing opinions on what to do first before I get the wheels/tires? Should I go with a 2.5" leveling kit or a 3/1?

Liked
    63 times
    Images

dont wanna bust your bubble but CAI do nothing but give a little bit of sound. our trucks do not have much engine performance upgrades besides a super charger, but if you want your truck to have sound best option would be to get an exhuast.

also getting 35's on these is hard without trimming a lot or an rcd 6 inch lift. you could do the 3/1 lift and get a 3'' body lift and then run 35's but if your like me with an 03 access cab then you cant get a body lift unless you want your rear bumper to hang down 3'' because they body lifts were made for 00-02's
    BAMF #1--2003 AC TRD 4x4--SOLD 6/24/14--May/June 2014 4WD TOYOTA OWNER MAG "Your Yotas" page--315/70/17 BFG AT KO--Falken ORC 952 17x8.5 -12mm--Magnapack dual exhaust (14416)--15% tint--50% windshield tint--Billy 5100's front (2.5'')--Billy 5100's rear (no blocks)--AVS in channels--JVC KW-XR610--smoked taillights--DRL delete--8k HID's--Clear Corners--Mud flap delete--Don't Tread

Liked
    0 times

Here are pics of 295/70/18 Trail Grapplers on the stock TRD rims.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0447.jpg 
Views:	3735 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	79304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0451.jpg 
Views:	3646 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	79303

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Just got these from another member...

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I got 295/70-19s with a front level kit. Little noisy only when decelerating to stops but other than that at 60psi they're doing me good. Can't wait to test these out in the snow...wait, i live AZ

Last edited by Ptree801; 11-06-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Liked
    1 times

Ptree801, what kind of rims are those, they look nice!
    2011 Crewmax TRD 4x4 - Superwhite
    - 3" LRO Leveling Kit
    - Gibson Dual Extreme Exhaust
    - Bakflip F1
    - Line-X Bedliner
    - 2011 KTM 250xc (had to add it)

Liked
    63 times
    Images

19's!!! say wahtttttt? looks great
    BAMF #1--2003 AC TRD 4x4--SOLD 6/24/14--May/June 2014 4WD TOYOTA OWNER MAG "Your Yotas" page--315/70/17 BFG AT KO--Falken ORC 952 17x8.5 -12mm--Magnapack dual exhaust (14416)--15% tint--50% windshield tint--Billy 5100's front (2.5'')--Billy 5100's rear (no blocks)--AVS in channels--JVC KW-XR610--smoked taillights--DRL delete--8k HID's--Clear Corners--Mud flap delete--Don't Tread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.