Question 325/65r18 on stock 2007 Tundra rims

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 325/65r18 on stock 2007 Tundra rims

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 325/65r18 on stock 2007 Tundra rims

JBought a set of Goodyear duratrac tires 325/65r18 with the aluminum stock rims 5 bars. I need to space them out because they are rubbing on the upper A arms and ball joints. I don't want to go to far past the fenders, because of mud splatter and rock chips. Also do not want to have to cut any studs, so the question is do I order 1" adapters or 1 1/4" adapters?? Which one is more stable? I also have a 2 1/2" toytec lift and 1" rear block.
    Last edited by mikejkelly2005; 01-13-2013 at 08:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 325/65r18 on stock 2007 Tundra rims

Honestly to do it right I would buy some aftermarket wheels with the correct width and offset to run that size of a tire. I wouldn't trust wheel spacers, especially on a truck.
    07 DC 5.7 4x4 Black/Grey (SOLD)
    06 DC SR5 4x4 Black/Grey (Traded in for 2012)
    12 DC 5.7 SR5 TRD 4x4 White/Black all stock for now

Liked
    31 times

Quote Originally Posted by mikejkelly2005 View Post
    JBought a set of Goodyear duratrac tires 325/65r18 with the aluminum stock rims 5 bars. I need to space them out because they are rubbing on the upper A arms and ball joints. I don't want to go to far past the fenders, because of mud splatter and rock chips. Also do not want to have to cut any studs, so the question is do I order 1" adapters or 1 1/4" adapters?? Which one is more stable? I also have a 2 1/2" toytec lift and 1" rear block.

I would get a 1" if u can't get rims right now. U want to go out the smallest amount so u don't have to trim anything.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I dropped so much into the tires that I can't afford new rims. I wound up ordering some 1" adapters from Precision European Motorwerks. They come today. I can't get over the fact that a local tire shop let me drive off with brand new tires that were obviously rubbing. I'll update with Picts when I install them..

Liked
    31 times

I got 325/60/18 on my trd rims w/3" level spacer. I might end up selling those for $60. But the should sit fine on the rim. But if u haven't installed the tire yet y don't u exchange the for 1 size smaller?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

It has a 2 1/2" lift in the front and 1" block in the back. The tires barely hit the upper A arms. Maybe a half inch. I found the previous owner it's Henery T from St Charles he is a member of this forum, he put 305/65r18 on. I don't care for the ole BF Goodrich look. I wanted the treaded side walls.