TACOMA:P245/75R16 to P265/70R16

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TACOMA:P245/75R16 to P265/70R16

Liked
    0 times

Default P245/75R16 to P265/70R16

Guys,

Have any of you changed your Taco's P245/75R16 tires to P265/70R16 tires? The tire diameter is about the same on both sizes (.5 inch difference). Is there a difference in ride quality?

I had the P265/70R16's on my wife's 2002 regular cab 4X4 Taco. The ride was pretty "bouncy".

I am considering having Michellin LTX's installed soon after I pick up our 2005 regular cab 4X4 Taco.

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by tguil
    Guys,

Have any of you changed your Taco's P245/75R16 tires to P265/70R16 tires? The tire diameter is about the same on both sizes (.5 inch difference). Is there a difference in ride quality?

I had the P265/70R16's on my wife's 2002 regular cab 4X4 Taco. The ride was pretty "bouncy".

I am considering having Michellin LTX's installed soon after I pick up our 2005 regular cab 4X4 Taco.

Tom
    For Mileage reasons I'd stick to the 245's

That's just me though. . .

In the case of mileage, thinner is better and a 1/2" taller will make a difference

Liked
    0 times

Less unsprung weight (lighter tires) will make the ride better for highway crusing [the suspention can react faster to imperfections in the road with lighter tires] and, like taco said, give you better gas mileage.

If you're going offroad in any low traction situations (except snowy roads) or you want better acceleration, your gonna want the wider tires. The ride shouldn't change much because they have nearly the same sidewall hight. The 265's may be a little bit softer becuase of the lower air pressure, but not enough to make a significant change in ride performance.

Liked
    0 times

My truck has 265/70-16's because of the off-road package. I plan on switching the tires to 245/75-16's that came with with the regular SR5 trim when the time comes...possibly sooner if someone wants to trade. The 265's look cool, but they are honestly a waste for what I do with my truck.

Sonny

1997 Toyota T100 2WD SR5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-12-2008, 08:04 PM