TPMS light stays on after tire change

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TPMS light stays on after tire change

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Default TPMS light stays on after tire change

Long story short:

Traded in my 08 CM for a 2010 CM. Same truck, just new. I took the old tires and wheels off the old Tundra and put them on the new Tundra because they were high $$ 10 plys I use for towing a 7000lb TT. Now my TPMS light stays on all the time. I hate these systems. Can I disconnect so the light will not come on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: TPMS light stays on after tire change

[QUOTE=harper223;1453181]Long story short:

You might have to reset your TPM sensors to have them recognize by your new truck. The owner manual on page 238 has the instruction for this. Good Luck.

Liked
    2 times
    Images

So the sensors from the old wheels that where put on the new truck are not sensing because they don't recognize. Got it. I will look that up in the OM. They are the same wheel style, so I figured it wouldn't be a problem. Guess not.

Thanks.

Liked
    1 times

I believe the sensors are programmed for the specific truck they are mounted on. I think the sensor numbers in your old wheels will need to be programmed for the new truck by dealer.
    07 Tundra, 4X4, slate metallic, 5.7 engine, TRD duals, reg. cab, standard bed (6.5 length), Steelcraft stainless step bars, Lund bug shield, Carriage Works billet grill insert, Weathertech in-channel vent visors, Scangauge II.

Liked
    188 times

Where are the wheels from the new truck? Does the dealer have them? You can switch modules and no programming needed. assuming you now have the old sensors on the new truck.
    you can also have the dealer or some tire shops reprogram the sensors you have now. Expect close to $100.

Liked
    2 times
    Images

The old sensors are on the old truck at the dealer now. The truck is in the used car lot, but no takers as of yet. I'll go get them taken off.

Liked
    188 times

You switch the module under the dash by glove box and both vehicles will have the light off if the dealer has not already reprogrammed it.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Just have the sensors reprogrammed, $100 IS A JOKE. We reprogram sensors all day and don't charge anything, unless they are rude then max $50. If, let me say that again IF the dealer will do the swap, they'll charge you for 8 dismounts and mounts and 8 balancing charges. I have yet to have to do a new tundra, I know some of the imports can only be set by the dealer through the obd port, but I'm not sure. Look in the book or call the dealer and ask them what the reprogramming procedure is, play like you work for a local tire shop. We call dealers all the time for help, sometimes there cool and sometimes they act like only dealers can act.
    2000 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    2.5" SAW Coilovers
    LT285/75R16 Firestone Destination M/Ts
    Westin Brush Guard W/ KC highlights
    Sirius Sat
    Shadowgrass seat covers
    Blacked out windows
    Magna-flo W/ Duals
    Kenwood DVD w/ Garmin Nav
    JBA Titanium coated headers
    4.30 gears
    Tru-Speed
    Uni-Chip
    2 JL Audio 8's in Q-Logic
    5" Tuff Country

And coming soon to a Tundra near you:
    35" Dest M/T waiting on spidertrax
    Hopefully a TUNED unichip

Liked
    188 times

Quote Originally Posted by cajuntundra View Post
    Just have the sensors reprogrammed, $100 IS A JOKE. We reprogram sensors all day and don't charge anything, unless they are rude then max $50. If, let me say that again IF the dealer will do the swap, they'll charge you for 8 dismounts and mounts and 8 balancing charges. I have yet to have to do a new tundra, I know some of the imports can only be set by the dealer through the obd port, but I'm not sure. Look in the book or call the dealer and ask them what the reprogramming procedure is, play like you work for a local tire shop. We call dealers all the time for help, sometimes there cool and sometimes they act like only dealers can act.
    It does sound like you have not done a Tundra. For this problem, programming or swapping module is the only option. Swapping sensors is a lot more work and costly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.