Do I need a WD Hitch for my Tundra?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Do I need a WD Hitch for my Tundra?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Do I need a WD Hitch for my Tundra?

I have a 2011 Tundra CrewMax 5.7 w/tow package. I'm looking at buying a travel trailer, likely something around 30' (that's trailer & tongue) and about 6400lbs. This summer I pulled my boat (about 24' boat and trailer) with a weight of around 4000lbs. I'm pretty new at all the towing stuff so I don't have any first hand knowledge to know what I should and what I must be doing.

If I do need a WD hitch, is it something from here: WD With Sway Control Weight Distribution | etrailer.com

Also I'm looking at new tires soon given the OEM are crap and at only 24k miles are about 4/32" left of tread. I tend to like Michelin and was looking at the LTX, anyone have some thoughts on those given the use? Mainly highway driving, lots of towing the boat in the summer, and the possible trailer purchase.

Thanks kindly!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Do I need a WD Hitch for my Tundra?

found some info in another thread from last year; someone had same questions and they were answered...so disregard.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Do I need a WD Hitch for my Tundra?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjcalweb View Post
    found some info in another thread from last year; someone had same questions and they were answered...so disregard.
    I know you said you found your answer, but if you are going to spend any money on a WD hitch setup...get a Reese Dual cam with integrated sway control...not the friction style...the dual cam style. Its hands down the best hitch I have ever used. If you are going to tow a trailer that long, your gonna wish you had sway control. I pull a 27ft toy hauler packed to 10k with my 2008 Tundra, and its incredible. It takes very little time to put on, you can backup and turn with no issues of binding like a friction style...its really an amazing design.

Also, regarding the tires...if you get some E Rated tires Michelins are the best but be careful, I just went to put 4 new ones on and it caused crazy sway...I assumed the tire place screwed my truck up but after some research and some trial and error with other tires and tire brands, it ended up being the tires. Good luck! I got my hitch off Amazon for about $400.
    Last edited by BustaCapGains; 12-17-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Grammar