Is $89.95 for a Transmission flush a good deal?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Is $89.95 for a Transmission flush a good deal?

Liked
    0 times

Default Is $89.95 for a Transmission flush a good deal?

Called one of the local Toyota Dealerships and they will do a full Transmission flush for $89.95. I asked if I needed to provide the fluid and they said no, it was included. What have some of you payed for your flushes and does this sound like a good deal?

Clay

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    33 times

Default $$$ trans flush

We charge $129.95 for a trans flush, here at my dealership.
    We hook up a machine with the engine running that exchanges the fluid. Normally i run between 10-20 qts thru or until it becomes red again.
    Please dont anyone bark at me about the price, I am a indian and the Big CHIEF's make the prices.

Liked
    0 times

Default Good Price

Clay

Why don't you do it yourself? The price doesn't sound bad at all. Most places around here get 69-79 dollars for a "regular service" which is just dropping the pan and putting in a new filter (on cars that have them). As you know that doesn't get any of the old fluid except what was in the pan.

Using the machine is better and the labor is probably less than the labor for the regular change or about the same. You can do it yourself in about an hour or so (with a helper) and it will only cost you 14-15 quarts of whatever fluid you decide to use. This way you know it is done correctly. Easy instructions are in the garage section, but I bet you already knew that.

Mike
    Experience is the best teacher, IF you can afford the tuition!

White 2001 4X4 LTD/TRD. Fog and map light mods. S&S Autochrome headers and Y-Pipe, ASP UD Pulley,SpinTech single/dual out with rear exit. PPD T-Body and Fuse covers. MT Classic ll's with 265X75X16 Maxxis Mudders, Wheelers front coils, RAS on rear springs & Ride Rite air springs. Powertrax No Slip Locker. Mobil 1 Synthetic throughout!

Liked
    0 times

As mentioned earlier, it's very easy to complete yourself. I swapped out my fluids in approximately 25 minutes. I used my car remote starter to assist with the truck starting and stopping.

Good Luck on your choice!

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

just verify that they aren't simply removing the transmission drain plug (which will only get you around 4qts replaced out of the 16qts [approx #'s]).

Liked
    0 times

I would pay $89.95 for a flush, If that is what they really do.

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Thunder
    Called one of the local Toyota Dealerships and they will do a full Transmission flush for $89.95. I asked if I needed to provide the fluid and they said no, it was included. What have some of you payed for your flushes and does this sound like a good deal?

Clay

$90 seems like a great price for a dealer flush. Usually it's quite a bit over $100 for sure.

You can go to one of the jiffy lube type places and pay that much without the knowldedge that a dealer has. So it seems like a pretty fair price to have dealer personnel do it.

Alan

Liked
    0 times

I asked the person at the dealership twice if they removed all of the transmission fluid and flushed everything, not just remove the drain plug and change 3 or 4 quarts. He said they do a complete flush. My regular dealership doesn't even offer a full flush service so I called the other place and they do do it. It sounds like a good price to me and is worth me not having to take the time and get the know how to flush it myself. If I just wanted to change the fluid I would do it myself, but an entire flush I will leave up to the dealership.

Clay

Liked
    0 times

i am a writer at a dealer and we charge $139.95+tax for that same service