Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Wiper Blades for new Tundra FYI

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  LawyerRon 
#1 ·
I just wanted to pass along some info on an affordable wiper blade setup for the new Tundras. Apologies if this has already been posted.

The Michelin Radius brand sold at Wal Mart work just fine. They've got the proper adapter for the new Tundra's snap in setup. Price: 12.99 each. I just replaced my driver's side blade which is a 26" blade. I'm headed back to Wal Mart to get the passenger side.

#4 ·
y didnt u post this back in the summer when i paid 60 bucks from my dealer for some hahahaha

#6 ·
Yeah..... thanks for the info !!!
I was looking for a cheaper alternative too, like everybody else. I searched this forum a few times and found a bit of info, but some was wrong. Somebody posted the part number to a Bosch blade and when I checked it out, found that it was the wrong type, and only would fit the older "J" hook style arms like on the first Gen Tundra, and if did not have any adapters to fit any other style arm. The Michelins I got have 3 or 4 adapters included. You have to pop the one off of the blade when you buy it, then pop on the adapter for the "snap in" style arms like the new Tundra uses. The instructions on the back show you what to do, except they skipped the part were you have to take the adapter that comes installed on the blade off first, so it took me an additional 30 seconds to figure that part out.

#8 ·
Arrrrrrgh!!!!

I week too late for me! :lol:

My wife's car uses a beam-style blade, too. Save a few bucks when I swap hers out.

#11 ·
THANKS FOR REBATE INFO!

What size fits for passenger side?

22", which is actually about an inch longer than the stock blades, but it really makes no difference. The 22" on the pass side works great.

#12 ·
I just bought a driver's side wiper blade and for about $14, it works very well. I hope to get through the winter with it. The Rain-x wipers are not very good.

-rockstate
Rockstate,
I've never tried the Rain-X blades, but on another forum, a guy that's a Rain-X rep gave some good info. He said the there are two product lines of Rain-X blades; the cheaper blade they sell at Wal Mart, etc, and then a premium blade. The premium blades (don't remember the name) were about 20 bucks each and are supposed to be very good. The cheaper "value" line blade is about the same as all the cheap blades he said.

#13 ·
Rockstate,
I've never tried the Rain-X blades, but on another forum, a guy that's a Rain-X rep gave some good info. He said the there are two product lines of Rain-X blades; the cheaper blade they sell at Wal Mart, etc, and then a premium blade. The premium blades (don't remember the name) were about 20 bucks each and are supposed to be very good. The cheaper "value" line blade is about the same as all the cheap blades he said.
Hmmm I can't remember where I bought mine now that I think about it.

I do remember paying around $20 a blade though.

-rockstate

#14 ·
I bought the Michilen wiper blades at Walmart about a month ago. I may have bought a couple of duds, but they are not nearly as good as the original blades. I hope yours work out much better for you and that mine were not representative of all Michelin wipers.

#15 ·
I bought the Michilen wiper blades at Walmart about a month ago. I may have bought a couple of duds, but they are not nearly as good as the original blades. I hope yours work out much better for you and that mine were not representative of all Michelin wipers.
You're probably right, I believe the Michelin's are made by Pylon (kind of a cheap brand), but they work fine now and they're a heck of a lot cheaper than the 30 bucks each the stealership wants. At $12.99, I feel they're a decent value all things considered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.