Performance Chips for '07 5.7L Tundra?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Performance Chips for '07 5.7L Tundra?

Liked
    0 times

Default Performance Chips for '07 5.7L Tundra?

Anyone know if there available? Any info on them? Stats?

Anybody happen to have one installed? Fuel mileage any better with it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Performance Chips for '07 5.7L Tundra?

I dont think there's any on the market yet. I googled it and it went all the way to 2006 no 2007 that i could find.

TNK
    Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Give'm another 3-6 months and some of the "rumored" will be to market with a version or two.

Liked
    0 times

When it comes out(nope,none are avail yet) it will not be a chip, it will be a plug in tuner.......I'll be the one waiting on "tuning software" for the lap top. Once out, "project 500HP" begins
    2007 Slate Metallic Tundra DC SR5 w/TRD Wheels Bench Seats, XM Radio, Brushed Stainless Toyota Running Boards. Soon to come"Project Tundra(500HP)"

Liked
    0 times

Is this tuner going to improve MPG or make it worse?? I have a friend with a Ford F-250. He put a chip in his and is getting 24 mpg on the highway and about 18-19 on local roads. I'd like to see that kind of mpg on my '07 Crew Max!!

Liked
    0 times

Anyone contacted Unichip to find out if they are working on something for us? Since they had a chip for the 06, I figured they would be the first to do something on the 07's. I might have to give them a call...

07 TUNDRA 5.7L RCSB 4WD

TNK
    Banned
    Liked
    0 times

If Toyo used the same rear gear as the Ford you would see those numbers without a chip/program edit.
    The first vendor to offer a 3:42/3:70 type RPM gear will turn the truck world upside down.Imagine running 70 mph and turning 13-1500 rpm 26-28 mpg

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMan929 View Post
    Is this tuner going to improve MPG or make it worse?? I have a friend with a Ford F-250. He put a chip in his and is getting 24 mpg on the highway and about 18-19 on local roads. I'd like to see that kind of mpg on my '07 Crew Max!!

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMan929 View Post
    I have a friend with a Ford F-250. He put a chip in his and is getting 24 mpg on the highway and about 18-19 on local roads.
    No offense but those numbers just don't seem realistic for an F250, even if it is a diesel. When I chipped my powerstroke, I used one of the best economy burns on the market and best ever was 21MPG. Is your buddy's truck a 4x4?

I'm getting close to this mileage with my Tundra and don't need to deal with the noise, big $$$ oil changes, CPS sensors, transmissions, sloppy front ends, rattles, etc, etc (ooops, sorry forgot this isn't one of the ford bashing threads...)
    - Silver 2010 Crewmax Platinum, new Jan 2011. Michelin LTX AT2 275/65R20, tuff country 2" level. Next: debadge

- Ex -'07 Pyrite crewmax LTD "B" package - Purchased April 30/07, sold Dec 21/10 with 150,000kms.

- '07 USA market Honda Odyssey EXL-RES imported to Canada (sorry Honda Canada, this one reads MPH)

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by brow View Post
    No offense but those numbers just don't seem realistic for an F250, even if it is a diesel. When I chipped my powerstroke, I used one of the best economy burns on the market and best ever was 21MPG. Is your buddy's truck a 4x4?

I'm getting close to this mileage with my Tundra and don't need to deal with the noise, big $$$ oil changes, CPS sensors, transmissions, sloppy front ends, rattles, etc, etc (ooops, sorry forgot this isn't one of the ford bashing threads...)
    I have to agree with you on this one...my cummins averaged in the low 17s unloaded and believe me, I drove it easy for mileage....Once in a short while I could get on the guage 19, but it would never last. Trucks just are not high mileage vehicles...yet...I am waiting for the small fuel effecient 1/2 diesels in 2009....

Initial testing on the new v8 cummins for the 1/2 dodge came in in the low 20s...
    2007 dc 4.7, white with black interior, black tube steps, linex bedliner, access roll up cover.

previous trucks

2004 dodge cummins
    2000 sr5 tundra

Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: Performance Chips for '07 5.7L Tundra?

Quote Originally Posted by TNK View Post
    If Toyo used the same rear gear as the Ford you would see those numbers without a chip/program edit.
    The first vendor to offer a 3:42/3:70 type RPM gear will turn the truck world upside down.Imagine running 70 mph and turning 13-1500 rpm 26-28 mpg

Yes but you wouldnt have all that get up and go from the 4.30 gears.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by brow View Post

I too chipped (actually reprogrammed) an F250. Eventhough the onboard computer display said I was getting 23-24mpg, I was actually only getting around 16-17 mpg when I did the manual computation each time I filled up. Still not bad for a truck that large and heavy- but nowhere near 24 mpg!

TNK
    Banned
    Liked
    0 times

There would/should be plenty of grunt with either set,the mpg/rpm diff would be seen when it steps thru the double OD.I would prefer the 3:70 set in order to allow for some "pull" from the bottom end of 5th. Which would allow for easily exceeding 140+mph forward motion

Without access to my ratio tables,its all delusional speculation

Quote Originally Posted by jrog25 View Post
    Yes but you wouldn't have all that get up and go from the 4.30 gears.

Liked
    0 times

My Ford f150 with 3.55 gears was a dog! 300 hp didnt go very far with that truck.

Liked
    0 times

I chipped my excursion and best I got was 21mpg highway, now this is the 7.3psd. In my SOLD F350 dually, I ran it chipped, CAI, and propane injection and got as high as 18mph which is pretty good for the dually long bed. I hear that the 6.0 may get a little better than that but not 24mpg. Keep in mind that chipping a diesel is not the same as a gasser. Diesel are infamous for not totally burning igniting all the fuel being squirted in by the injectors, therefore chipping it makes it more effiecient by increase the turbo boost (holding wastegate close longer), allowing for more air to combust the diesel fuel. This was either loaded or unloaded.Usually combining that with CAI, helps the system even more. In a gas vehicle, remapping the computer usally allows more fuel to be squirted into the injector and making the MAF sensor dump more air, causing more Hp but lower gas mileage. I guess the equivalent of stomping your gas pedal all the time.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by rxbike View Post
    causing more Hp but lower gas mileage. I guess the equivalent of stomping your gas pedal all the time.

Sounds good to me!
    2008 lexus LX570

2008 Mercedes G55k

2007 RED RCSB 5.7 4x4 TRD TUNDRA
    Mods so far:
    DR coilovers set at 3 inches, TC UCAs, TC diff drop spacer, TCA shackles,Deaver Spring pack, michelin pilot ltx 275/65/18 tires.

Volant CAI,Dough Thorley Headers, JBA single out exhaust

2006 Landcruiser FJ 71 swb hardtop, too many mods to list

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.