Low speed vibration

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Low speed vibration

Fog
    Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Low speed vibration

I picked up my 07 Tundra DC, 5.7, Pyrite Mica last week and have just started noticing a vibration between 30-40 mph. The vibrations stop if I adjust my foot pressure on the gas pedal. It almost feels the same as if I'm running over the ridges on the interstate that alerts you if you drift into the emergency lane. These vibrations don't happen everytime but enough to be annoying, especially when I've got less that 200 miles on the truck. I'm taking in to the dealer tomorrow morning but am interested if anyone has experienced any low spped vibrations similiar to this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Low speed vibration

I think I have the same vibrataion in my Tundra. Noticed it while driving away fron the dealership after purchase. The truck now has 600 miles on it and it's still there. You can stop it with a very light pressure on the gas pedal. I feel it the most when slowing from 48 down to 35. Please let me know what the dealer tells you. Thanks

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

Fog, there is a thread about 6 threads down already about this... you even posted in it.

2007 Tundra Vibration Issues

Why another one???
    Last edited by seadragon; 07-26-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mlayo View Post
    I think I have the same vibrataion in my Tundra. Noticed it while driving away fron the dealership after purchase. The truck now has 600 miles on it and it's still there. You can stop it with a very light pressure on the gas pedal. I feel it the most when slowing from 48 down to 35. Please let me know what the dealer tells you. Thanks
    Why would you have even left the dealership if you noticed something this severe on the way out, let alone drive it for another 600 miles in this condition?
    2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7L w/ TRD Package, Blue Streak Metallic/Graphite, FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic Tint (30%), auto-dimming mirror, Line-X Bedliner (under the rail), RS3200 alarm/GBS/hood switch, brushed stainless steel running boards, bed extender, door sill protectors, TRD rear sway bar, TRD CAI, Corsa Touring exhaust, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rostra back-up camera and fixed monitor, sport (color matched) grille, factory accelerator pedal and floormats.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    2 times

I would have it checked & documented at the dealer .. I posted my comments on the above link.

My problems seemed to start happening all at once at about 500 to 600 miles. And several warning lights also came on.

I get mixed up in these threads ...

SOS
    Last edited by SOSHeloPilot; 07-26-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by slackjaw07 View Post
    Why would you have even left the dealership if you noticed something this severe on the way out, let alone drive it for another 600 miles in this condition?
    It wouldn't have mattered- once the papers were signed the truck was his. He exercised the option of getting to know his truck and seeing if the vibration went away. Geez, it's so easy to be critical.

Liked
    6 times

It sounds like a drive line vibration. Maybe a drive shaft out of balance or u-joints are bad.

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

I think they are replacing transmissions with this problem.

Liked
    7 times

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slackjaw07

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister View Post
    It wouldn't have mattered- once the papers were signed the truck was his. He exercised the option of getting to know his truck and seeing if the vibration went away. Geez, it's so easy to be critical.
    I wasn't trying to suggest the truck didn't belong to him at this point....just that you run the risk of doing more damage by driving it around in that condition, not to mention the safety concerns.

BTW, I wasn't being critical but if I do decide to criticize somebody in the future, don't worry, you'll be the first to know.
    2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7L w/ TRD Package, Blue Streak Metallic/Graphite, FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic Tint (30%), auto-dimming mirror, Line-X Bedliner (under the rail), RS3200 alarm/GBS/hood switch, brushed stainless steel running boards, bed extender, door sill protectors, TRD rear sway bar, TRD CAI, Corsa Touring exhaust, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rostra back-up camera and fixed monitor, sport (color matched) grille, factory accelerator pedal and floormats.

Fog
    Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by seadragon View Post
    Fog, there is a thread about 6 threads down already about this... you even posted in it.

2007 Tundra Vibration Issues

Why another one???
    Guess I could blame the oversite on my biFocals or the fact that I'm old and too impatient to read before I post...or I can say that I just screwed up.
    If anyone's interested I'm getting a new trans installed tomorrow. .
    I'll try to keep future posts consolidated.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

This happened to me a few days ago...stopped the truck and checked for lose items and drove off normally again. I don't know if this is a tranny related question or not....but the same exact feel took place with my Lexus GS430 just a few months ago. I am feeling it's something to do with the ABS in both cases.......if it comes back I will have it checked.