Maintenance Schedule

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maintenance Schedule

Liked
    0 times

Default Maintenance Schedule

Ok, this is probably a dumb question

Where can i find a maintenance schedule?

I did look through the papers that came with the truck and i couldnt find anything. I take that back...there was a small blue book that had some stuff in it. But it really wasnt what i was looking for. I think the first maintenance wasnt scheduled until 5,000 miles and that didnt seem right. My dealer mentioned about getting the oil changed after about 1,000 miles. So i was assuming there was some other stuff that needed to be done. Any help is greatly appreciated
    2014 Tundra Limited Crewmax, 5.7L, 4wd, Attitude Black Metallic, JBL Audio System

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Maintenance Schedule

I found this on the Toyota website under the small tab "owners". Hope it helps.

Toyota Parts and Service

Liked
    3 times
    Images

First oil change is 5,000 miles..... first anything is 5,000 miles
    2007 CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7 Nautical Blue
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Towing - 35 Foot 2011 KZ Spree 321BHS

jkd
    Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

My dealer mentioned about getting the oil changed after about 1,000 miles.
    Mine said about 2500 for first oil change and it would be free. Seems like anywhere from 1000 to 2500 would be OK and a good idea for a brand new engine. They also said they more or less go over it, check for any loose undercarriage bolts, etc.
    Last edited by jkd; 08-13-2007 at 07:19 AM.

Liked
    3 times
    Images

besides.... your maintenance light should illuminate when it is time
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Liked
    0 times

Maybe its me...but it seems like 5,000 miles is a long time to wait for the first oil change on a brand new engine.

So did most of you wait til 5,000 miles to get your first oil change?
    2014 Tundra Limited Crewmax, 5.7L, 4wd, Attitude Black Metallic, JBL Audio System

Liked
    3 times
    Images

I'm currently @ 1,300 miles. I'm leaving for southern Georgia on Thursday, about 860 miles one way. I will there for a week..... probably doing alot of driving while there..... then returning 860 miles. Which will put me between 4-5K when I return to PA. My service manager suggested that I wait to get the oil change until I return from my trip. I'm by no means an expert.... but from what I've heard, there are benefits to keeping the factory oil in for the initial 5K.
    My Pictures

Liked
    0 times

I don't believe there's a benefit to leaving the factory oil till 5000 miles other than a monetary savings. I changed my oil with the first 1000 miles to synthetic and will change it thereafter every 5000 miles. The only reason I changed it early (ie 1000 miles) was simply because I always change my oils post break inn period!

Liked
    0 times
    Images

This is a topic where everyone is going to have a different opinion... that "small blue book that had some stuff in it" is your "official" scheduled maintenance guide. Yes, it starts at 5k miles. I'm pretty sure all the new Toyota vehicles start at 5k now. Changing before 5k definitely will not hurt it, but if Toyota says 5,000 miles why not follow their advice? If something happens to your engine they're not going to say that it's not covered under warranty because you only changed it every 5k instead of 3k or 1.5k or whatever...
    Joe

2009 Tundra D-Cab TRD Sport - Red
    MBRP Exhaust, TRD Sway Bar, TRD CAI, Bilstein 5100's, 275/60-20 Zeon LTZ's
    BakFlip G2, 6-Step N-Fab's, UnderCover SwingCase, Hella LED's

2008 Tundra SR5 CM - Black *SOLD
    2006 4Runner V8 4WD - White *SOLD

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Here is a copy of one I found and use for my Tundra. Use it iof you like....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Liked
    0 times

Here is the copy of Scheduled Maintenance Guide from Toyota:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L RCSB (White)
    Mods: TundraCAI - Cold Air Intake
    Goliath Rims

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzales View Post
    This is a topic where everyone is going to have a different opinion... that "small blue book that had some stuff in it" is your "official" scheduled maintenance guide. Yes, it starts at 5k miles. I'm pretty sure all the new Toyota vehicles start at 5k now. Changing before 5k definitely will not hurt it, but if Toyota says 5,000 miles why not follow their advice? If something happens to your engine they're not going to say that it's not covered under warranty because you only changed it every 5k instead of 3k or 1.5k or whatever...

Good point.

I did talk to my sister (she have a 2006 Corolla, bought new) and the first oil change on that was at 5,000 miles. So i think i'll just wait until it gets closer to 5,000 and do it then.

Thanks for all the input.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)