Sonar problems/bluetooth contacts

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Sonar problems/bluetooth contacts

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Sonar problems/bluetooth contacts

Hey all,
    Just got my new 07 crew max, LOVE IT.

Has anyone had issues with sonar not working. I hit the button, the lights and chimes go on, off and then nothing...
    Taking to dealer soon, but thought I would check here for tips...

ALSO, cant figure out how to transfer my contacts from Treo (cell phone) to phone contacts in dash. Any tips??

Thanks in advance,

I will be posting pics soon, hot looking truck, black W/ redrock leather, every option...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Sonar problems/bluetooth contacts

make sure they are plugged in @ the bumper

Liked
    0 times

port installed sonar or factor?

Liked
    0 times

I thought mine was not working either for the first day or two...just was not getting close enough to obstacles. Try putting something solid near one of the sensors....like a garbage can to be sure.
    2007 5.7L Tundra CrewMax Ltd 4x4 in Radiant Red

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I posted about getting the contacts onto the Bluetooth also. I got nothing. I got the phone on and working fine but the contacts wont go over. I have an LG VX9800. I am going to head to the Toyota dealer to see if I can get someone there to help me.

Liked
    0 times

You need to be within 36" of something with the rear or front bumper.

Kirk

Liked
    0 times

Some cell phones don't transmit the contacts to the truck when you pair the two. you made need to go into your cell and find a option that says "beam" then beam the numbers one by one or the whole contact list depending on your cell.

Liked
    12 times
    Images

Go here for detailed instructions...
    Toyota Bluetooth Phone

For LGs, you will need to pair up the phone useing your bluetooth menus, then in your phone's bluetooth menu, find what is called "send name card", once in, mark the appropriate number of contacts to send and hit "send". (the VX8600 will only let me do 10 at a time)

Beer please!
    CBTMA (Member and Founding Father: Est. August 15, 2008)
    Clicky>>> What The Heck is CBTMA
    Unknown - "The biological purpose of pain is to prevent the recurrence of stupidity."

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by BigO. View Post
    Some cell phones don't transmit the contacts to the truck when you pair the two. you made need to go into your cell and find a option that says "beam" then beam the numbers one by one or the whole contact list depending on your cell.
    I have a Samsung and this is what I have to do.

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

You have to be fairly close to something for the sonar to sound. If a sensor is unplugged then you get an alarm in the cab (mine beeped five times, whilst displaying the offending sensor on the dash).

The Bluetooth is not that great. I have an iPhone for personal use and a company Blackberry Pearl - neither are able to transfer the phone book across - you have to add them manually I have over 500 contacts in my work phone. Luckily my portable sat nav links to my cell using Bluetooth so I have my company phone paired to that and my personal phone to the truck.
    The voice activated features are VERY clunky - it is usually quicker to grab my cell and dial the number from there rather than using voice prompts.
    I am a Brit and the damn thing doesn't understand English LOL. It confuses 'Confirm" with "cancel". So I will navigate 4 menus to swtich paired phone for example only to get to the end and be asked to 'confirm' - I say "confirm" and it thinks I said "cancel" and cancels all my selections
    When the heck does "confirm" sound like "cancel". No word of a lie, this happens over 90% of the time! Even if i try to 'put an American accent on'. The wife is from the south, so maybe it doesn't understand my attempt at a southern drawl either

Quote Originally Posted by malesi1 View Post
    Hey all,
    Just got my new 07 crew max, LOVE IT.

Has anyone had issues with sonar not working. I hit the button, the lights and chimes go on, off and then nothing...
    Taking to dealer soon, but thought I would check here for tips...

ALSO, cant figure out how to transfer my contacts from Treo (cell phone) to phone contacts in dash. Any tips??

Thanks in advance,

I will be posting pics soon, hot looking truck, black W/ redrock leather, every option...
    Last edited by ponyuk; 09-14-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by ponyuk
    The voice activated features are VERY clunky - it is usually quicker to grab my cell and dial the number from there rather than using voice prompts.
    I am a Brit and the damn thing doesn't understand English LOL. It confuses 'Confirm" with "cancel". So I will navigate 4 menus to swtich paired phone for example only to get to the end and be asked to 'confirm' - I say "confirm" and it thinks I said "cancel" and cancels all my selections
    When the heck does "confirm" sound like "cancel". No word of a lie, this happens over 90% of the time! Even if i try to 'put an American accent on'. The wife is from the south, so maybe it doesn't understand my attempt at a southern drawl either
    I completely agree with you on this. I have put as many numbers as I can on speed dial and just hit the speed dial number instead of using the voice activated dialing. I don't think it has a darn thing to do with your accent. I get the same thing, but maybe it's my midwest accent. Who knows? Earlier this week a tech was trying to figure something out with my BT and it wouldn't recognize a single word he was saying. It certainly could use some work, but it is definitely a nice feature to have when in states that cell phone use is illegal, once you get the call connected of course.