Tundra speaker mod

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tundra speaker mod

Liked
    0 times

Default Tundra speaker mod

What sizes are the stock front/rear door (double cab) speaker of the 2007 Tundra?

If it is 6.5, can I get the some Focals 6.5 speakers and put in there? Will it be direct fit?

I'm planning to get Eclipse AVN5510 in place of stock HU. After that, Focal 6.5 component for front door (Focal 165 V2S (Upgraded Version of 165 V2)
    . Rear door will be Focal 6.5 (Focal 165 CV1).

Are these good choices? What is your recommendation? BTW, the middle speaker-like grill on the dash, it's empty right? No speaker in there??? I don't have JBL system.

I wanted 6.5 if that is a direct fit. I don't want to haggle with too much modifications. Do I need to get spacers etc. for these speakers? BTW, I'm not planning to add a box so not sure if these will give enough bass...or should I go with 6x9 (but I think these will be a bit of mods).
    Last edited by anchoi4mua; 09-21-2007 at 07:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Re: Tundra speaker mod

I don't have the JBL.... and my middle speaker exists.... I have the 6 disc changer
    2007 CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7 Nautical Blue
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Towing - 35 Foot 2011 KZ Spree 321BHS

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by shadyskins View Post
    I don't have the JBL.... and my middle speaker exists.... I have the 6 disc changer
    Did you install one there? If you don't have the JBL system then there is no speaker there unless the Truck did have the JBL system and the dealer removed the head unit before the sale.

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Really? well I could have sworn I've static come from there?? Honestly, I never looked under the grill.... it was just an assumption. But, I do admit that I stand corrected.... I just opened up my Tundra brochure and it indicates 6 speakers..... My bad...
    2007 CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7 Nautical Blue
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Towing - 35 Foot 2011 KZ Spree 321BHS

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Sorry if I came off as acusatory not my intent I've had my entire cabin gutted to install my stereo system that includes the dash. No Speaker there and it's a great place to install a GPS antenna. Hidden and the grill is plastic so no interference and it sees right through the windshield.

Liked
    0 times

Replaced my OEM speakers with Polk Audio DB650's in front and DB525's in rear - ordered from Crutchfield.com. Easy install with free installation kit/speaker adapters, however they did not improve the sound quality as much as I had anticipated with standard 6-Disc changer.

2007 Tundra 4X4 DCAB SR5 5.7L V8 Sport Appearance: Color-Keyed Bumpers & Grill Surround - Blue Streak Metallic. Flowmaster Dual Super 40s, K&N CAI, Polk Audio - doors/dash, Insert Bed Liner, Stainless Steel Step Boards, Red Calipers, SilverStar signals.

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Personally....there is no way I'd put French crap in my truck.

No matter what you put in there...you better buy an amp or you won't hear a big difference.

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Front dash locations are not good for sound staging either. You're better off mounting the tweets in the doors near the big speakers...definitly within 12 inches of them and just forget about the other speakers on the dash. Plenty of room in the panels to flush mount.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I got the polk db6500 component set in my reg cab. Mounted tweeters in the triangle piece on the door like the JBL setup. Sound quality still sucks with the stock headunit.

Liked
    0 times

Okay..so are the stock speakers 6.5 ? Should I go with 6.5 for ease of installation?
    tundradude, Focal is probably one of the best you can get...

Liked
    0 times

6x9 = front doors & 6.5 = rear doors

Removed from 07 Tundra 4x4 DCAB SR5

2007 Tundra 4X4 DCAB SR5 5.7L V8 Sport Appearance: Color-Keyed Bumpers & Grill Surround - Blue Streak Metallic. Flowmaster Dual Super 40s, K&N CAI, Polk Audio - doors/dash, Insert Bed Liner, Stainless Steel Step Boards, Red Calipers, SilverStar signals.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

That middle "grill" is not actually a grill. I looked down thru it and it looked solid. Took a toothpick and started on the outer edge and found no holes. No holes through it anywhere in the grill. So I guess its just there for looks and yes gps antenna would work good there.
    2007 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4, Silver Sky Metallic, 5.7L, Enkei 18" alloys, BFG Rugged Trail AT 275/65/18, 40/20/40 front bench, cold kit, deck rails, heated/power mirrors, Line-X bed spray, Access Literider Rollup cover, Yaesu ft-7100, Mobile1 5w-20, AVS ventvisors, Power lock/unlock tailgate, Tundra step boards.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Talking Re: Tundra speaker mod

I just replaced the speakers in my 2007 4runner with 6.5 focals and that was the best thing I have done. The OE speakers were terrible. What a difference and you don't need an amp.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

HH do you think you need an amp

wii
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 1tundradude View Post
    Personally....there is no way I'd put French crap in my truck.

No matter what you put in there...you better buy an amp or you won't hear a big difference.
    So what do you recommend Sony or Pioneer?

Focal is an excellent choice of a speaker. As well as the Eclipse H/U.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.