back up camera wiring schematic

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: back up camera wiring schematic

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default back up camera wiring schematic

I have purchased the backup camera (not the monitor) from Sparks Toyota and I plan on using it with my Alpine head unit which has backup camera capability. Can someone provide the schematic for the wiring from the Toyota camera in order to adapt/splice it to the Alpine? In other words, what color of wire does what and or connects to.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    No amount of success at work, can make up for failure at home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: back up camera wiring schematic

Quote Originally Posted by bhbdvm View Post
    I have purchased the backup camera (not the monitor) from Sparks Toyota and I plan on using it with my Alpine head unit which has backup camera capability. Can someone provide the schematic for the wiring from the Toyota camera in order to adapt/splice it to the Alpine? In other words, what color of wire does what and or connects to.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Hey Brian,
    I'm looking to buy an alpine too and want to tie it in to the alpine uint. Did someone ever help you out with your ???

Jamey

Liked
    14 times

Just installed an AVIC Z2 this weekend. I had to check out the other topics to find the VSS wire. I found it on this thread, they also talk about using the factory camera on an aftermarket head unit. I may do it in the future because the nav screen is soooo much bigger than the screen that Toyota gives you. I am also thinking about installing a second camera in the grille so that I can get a better idea where the front corners of the truck are. Eh, when I get around to it.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...r-2007-tundra/

Liked
    5 times
    Images

I'm thinking about picking up the Kenwood 8120 and I'm interested in this install as well. I've looked into that thread about the common signal lines and it all looks like rocket science to me! I can't figure out for the life of me which is which!

Can someone kindly narrow down just the wires on the flip down factory monitor wire bundle to tap into to get a video signal?

Please, please??! Anyone?!

Thanks,
    MANGO
    WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRANGER

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I just did something similar with my truck, here's the thread relating to the topic.

Gentex backup camera monitor with pre-wired harness

In case you're wondering which wire does what on the camera harness in the tailgate, there are 4 wires going into it. Red and black as usual are the power inputs, red being positive and black the ground. The two other wires are the video output. If you've wired up the monitor and receive a garbled video signal, just switch the two video wires and the image should clear up. If not, there must be some other type of interference or video incompatibility.

Keep in mind that the camera requires the 5.5-7V power input to come from the connector in the overhead console. Whatever head unit you get to go with the camera, look to see if it is able to provide the correct voltage to the camera. If not, it is a relatively simple task to use a higher voltage signal and tie in a voltage regulator to drop it down to the required voltage (the fine folk over at Digi-Key will be willing to help find one for you).

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Thanks Dajester,

I was hoping to tap the aftermarket head unit on to the wire leads on the overhead flip down monitor pre-wire bundle.

MANGO
    WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRANGER

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.