back up camera prewired?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: back up camera prewired?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default back up camera prewired?

I am looking to purchase a back up camera and video screen that goes on the ceiling. What i've read says the tundra is prewired but wanted to check with anyone that has done this install.

07 DC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: back up camera prewired?

Did my 07 LTD TRD 3 weeks ago ,all prewired ,plug and play. About 2 hours.

Liked
    3 times
    Images

i believe it is only pre-wired if you have the tow package.... so if you have a hitch receiver.... you are golden
    2007 CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7 Nautical Blue
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Towing - 35 Foot 2011 KZ Spree 321BHS

Liked
    1 times

30-45 min. install. The trickiest part is getting the overhead console screws back in and secured- a helper is recommended. You'll need to drill a hole in the compartment where the monitor goes. Purchase a hole saw- don't try to use a flat drill bit, you'll make a mess of it.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

Do you think i can wire it up to my after market HU. Well i basically mean where are the wires at to plug it into my HU? over head?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

anyone have a recommended seller for these on EBAY or any other site? Dealer is expensive.

Liked
    13 times
    Images

i too am considering this, has anyone done of the famous TS write ups on this? i like pictures haha. not that i think i cant figure it out ive been working on cars and stuff forever but pics are always nice.

Junior Member jrh1010@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Yeah, I cant quite seem to find the information I am looking for either. I want a basic camera for backing up a boat. One that will fit in the rear handle and the monitor that fits in the credit card holder (I think that is where it goes). So pretty much factory, unless someone can recommend something a little better, with more functions, that looks factory. I definitely want it hid in the upper compartment so I can just fold it down when I need it. I will keep reading. I dont have the JBL.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1010@hotmail.com View Post
    Yeah, I cant quite seem to find the information I am looking for either. I want a basic camera for backing up a boat. One that will fit in the rear handle and the monitor that fits in the credit card holder (I think that is where it goes). So pretty much factory, unless someone can recommend something a little better, with more functions, that looks factory. I definitely want it hid in the upper compartment so I can just fold it down when I need it. I will keep reading. I dont have the JBL.
    Just fyi. The rear view camera won't help you back up your boat very much. It is more for hooking up your trailer, given the direction the camera points, which is predominantly down at your hitch. I had the dealer install it (a $700 add on), so can't help with installing the camera. Having said that, it is still worth having because I rarely have to exit my truck to line the trailer up to the ball.
    Last edited by okemos; 02-13-2008 at 07:52 AM.

Junior Member jrh1010@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

If you have the sunroof, is the Tundra still prewired for a camera?

Liked
    2 times

I can confirm if you have the 6 passenger Tundra (Bench Seat in front). You won't have the Pre-Wiring..

Ive said it before, I am completely baffled by how it must cost Toyota to have so many different configurations of Trucks with how they limit one thing after another..

This one will have DRL's, This one Won't
    This one will have backup camera, This one Won't
    This one will have backup camera pre-wired, this one won't
    This one will have fog lights, this one won't
    This one will have Factory Alarm, This one Won't.

Aaghh!

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
    I can confirm if you have the 6 passenger Tundra (Bench Seat in front). You won't have the Pre-Wiring..

Ive said it before, I am completely baffled by how it must cost Toyota to have so many different configurations of Trucks with how they limit one thing after another..

This one will have DRL's, This one Won't
    This one will have backup camera, This one Won't
    This one will have backup camera pre-wired, this one won't
    This one will have fog lights, this one won't
    This one will have Factory Alarm, This one Won't.

Aaghh!
    This is mis-information..... I have the 6 passenger Tundra (Bench Seat in front) and I'm pre-wired and I have a backup camera and monitor.... like I said earlier.... you need to have the towing package for the pre-wiring
    2007 CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7 Nautical Blue
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Towing - 35 Foot 2011 KZ Spree 321BHS

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    17 times

Quote Originally Posted by shadyskins View Post
    This is mis-information..... I have the 6 passenger Tundra (Bench Seat in front) and I'm pre-wired and I have a backup camera and monitor.... like I said earlier.... you need to have the towing package for the pre-wiring
    I also have a 2007 SR5 CM with a bench seat and the dealer added the backup camera and monitor - no problem.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."