Toyota Tundra Forums banner

TRD Rock Warrior Wheels

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pendlett 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 Highlander for my wife in which I traded in my mustang of 12 years. To balance the loss, I wanted a new set of wheels for the truck. I was interested in the 20" BBS wheels, and even though there are several nice rims out there, my eyes kept going back to the Rock Warrior wheels. I also wanted a more aggressive tire than my Pro Comp AT, but not a overly noisy MT. So I made the TRD wheels part of the Highlander deal and picked up a set of Goodyear Dura Tracs. I absolutely love the look and the tires are just moderately louder than the Pro Comps. I've read posts that talk about these tires being "squishy", but I have not noticed that at all. I did buy another set of tire pressure sensors so I can swap the wheels as needed. I will probably use the 20" wheels during the summer, plus the Pro Comps still have 9/32 of tread left to use. Now I'm just waiting for some deep snow to play in!

I have always owned a Mustang since I was 17, and this was my baby. Oh well, the Highlander is nice.:rolleyes:

See less See more
#5 ·
How many miles did you have on your 2000 Cobra R and did you buy it new? You must be sad to see that one go, i've had a few Mustangs and Cobra's in my past myself, nice track car there.

Enjoy the new wheels, the rides much better with 17's compared to the 20's and much larger choice in tires too.

#6 ·
Very nice, love that wheel & tire combination!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.