Help....cd stuck in the nav slot

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Help....cd stuck in the nav slot

Liked
    0 times

Default Help....cd stuck in the nav slot

Alright, this really isn't involving my Tundra, but rather my 07 Escalade. This is the only message board i frequent involving automobiles, so please forgive me. Plus everyone here is knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Wife and young daughter go to the mall today. Daughter buys a cd. On the ride home, she inserts it into the Navigation/Map DVD slot instead of the CD slot. The cd will not come out when you press eject. The slot is obviously designed to hold one disc, a nav disc. So there are 2 in there now, and all it does is make a clicking noise when you press eject. After a bit, on the screen, it pops up with "Map DVD error".

So how in the heck do you get a disc out of there that doesn't belong??? I've tried sliding a butter knife in the when I press eject and it starts clicking, hoping I get under the disc and could lift up on it, but no luck. Does the player have to be taken out of the dash and it taken apart to remove it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Help....cd stuck in the nav slot

Try looking for a paper clip size hole in the front somewhere (its a manual eject). If it has one you can usually stick in a straight side of a paper clip and it will manually eject.

Good luck

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Was this ever resolved. Curious how this worked out...

This has only happened to me in Toyotas and the only fix was for the dealer to remove the unit and ship it back for a fac. refurb unit.
    2010 4Runner V6 Limited 2WD (Magnetic Grey)
    2006 4Runner V8 Limited 2WD (Nautical Blue)

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

If your vehicle is still in warranty, take it the dealer and they will replace the unit. I work with a car audio supplier and see this all the time.

If not under warranty, the take a pen flash light and see if you can see the second disc. The second disc should have not load all the way since there was a disc already inside. The second disc was pushed over the mechanical parts that support the disc. Then take the thinnest needle noise and pull out the second disc. As you know, this may damage your second disc.

If you can't see the disc, then you must remove the radio, disassemble and remove the disc manuel. This radio was supplied by Delphi and it is very easy to disassemble. Just remove the top cover and it will expose the DVD playing mechanism.

Hope this helps.