BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

  1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

    Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

  1. #1
    Junior Member 2000TundraSR5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Backwoods of PA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    181
    Liked
    0 times
    Images
    6
    Rep Power
    7

    Default BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    2000 Toyota Tundra SR5


    List of Mods: 3" PA Body Lift, 3" BDS Suspension, 4.5" TC Lift= 12" of Lift, 35's, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock II 16x10, Cold Air Intake, Throttle Body Spacer....
    Custom bumper with winch, ARB Rear locker, 4.88 gears.......

    CarDomain.com Site:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2899632

    For Sale: 2" Lift Blocks w/ U-Bolts $35, (2)*Brand New* Bilstein HD Front Struts w/o coils $210...PM me for more info or to purchase!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Supercharged Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,725
    Liked
    2 times
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    thats pretty hardcore looking. Couldnt find any prices on it online. I wanted to check the price just for kicks. thats way too much lift for me
    TUNDRA786
    2007 Tundra Crew Max 4.7 TRD 4x4
    285/65/18's with BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's
    BedRug, Undercover, Bed Extender, Husky Liners

  4. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mentone
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Hello Everyone,

    Sorry for the late reply, please pm or email me for pricing on this kit. I will definitely give special pricing for any Tundra Solutions member.

    Thanks,

    Bryan
    BulletproofSusp@Gmail.com

  5. #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HB CA
    Posts
    656
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    If I were to spend that kind of money on a lift, I'd at least spend it on a functional lift rather then a cosmetic one.

    It may not go up 12", but I guarantee the truck will ride better and be able to handle serious off-roading with this system:
    Camburg Engineering Inc.
    Sold - 05/24/10
    2007 Tundra 5.7 6-spd 2wd
    Silver, double cab, short bed
    TRD package

  6. #5
    Junior Member van isle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    401
    Liked
    5 times
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    I work at a shop that had ordered one in for a costumer and he had it installed at another shop. I will tell you there are a few issues with there lift . Like the upper control arm and coilover hit each other and, the instructions suck . . Until they work this out i would not tell anyone to buy there lift.
    Last edited by van isle; 02-23-2009 at 08:39 PM.
    Double cab long box 4x4 5.7 L slate grey . would have bought a limited if available with long box

  7. #6
    Lurking Member Eibach Springs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Corona, ca
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by Fromanhb View Post
    If I were to spend that kind of money on a lift, I'd at least spend it on a functional lift rather then a cosmetic one.

    It may not go up 12", but I guarantee the truck will ride better and be able to handle serious off-roading with this system:
    Camburg Engineering Inc.
    Don't judge a book by its cover. Our TRD Tundra has had Bulletproof's 12" kit for just over 10,000 miles now. In all honesty, it rides better and tow's the same as it would when it were stock. Especially since running the Dual rate spring setup.

    As for functionality, this truck was used as a chase and support vehicle for the PRIMM 300 And other Off-Road Races throughout 2008. At Primm, we put well over 200 miles on some pretty hard Terrain. Again, anybody that see's this truck in person, or drives in it is by far impressed cosmetically and functionality. I would recommend this kit to anyone looking to get the ultimate character out of there Tundra.

    Pics:




    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rs442/T2-1.jpg

    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...g?t=1235495423
    Last edited by nhparrot; 02-26-2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: embedded photo size

  8. #7
    Lurking Member Eibach Springs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Corona, ca
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by van isle View Post
    I work at a shop that had ordered one in for a costumer and he had it installed at another shop. I will tell you there are a few issues with there lift . Like the upper control arm and coilover hit each other and, the instructions suck . . Until they work this out i would not tell anyone to buy there lift.
    Contact Bryan @ Bulletproof, I have spoke with him a few times--and I'm sure if you have any issues with there kit, Bulletproof Suspension would take care of it without a doubt.

    I can say from being in the industry, Bulletproof's kit is the most well known kit out there, and I have yet to hear anyone have any defects, issues or problems with there kit. However, like any Major Manufacturer--there will always be that small percentage. I know with them being a 100% USA made Manufacturer, and the warranty they offer (something we checked into before purchasing the kit), you will be taken cared of.
    Last edited by Eibach Springs; 02-24-2009 at 09:34 AM.

  9. #8
    Supercharged Member dogstate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    4,487
    Liked
    31 times
    Images
    3
    Rep Power
    18323

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    I read about on another side that this guy was using his in the dunes and somehow poked a nice hole in his fender.

    -rockstate

  10. #9
    Lurking Member Eibach Springs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Corona, ca
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by rockstate45 View Post
    I read about on another side that this guy was using his in the dunes and somehow poked a nice hole in his fender.

    -rockstate
    I highly doubt that. I can get on the internet (behind a computer) all day long and speak false statements against competitor's products. Without pics or proof (like I've posted), I'm sure someone has there facts wrong.

  11. #10
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HB CA
    Posts
    656
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by Eibach Springs View Post
    Don't judge a book by its cover. Our TRD Tundra has had Bulletproof's 12" kit for just over 10,000 miles now. In all honesty, it rides better and tow's the same as it would when it were stock. Especially since running the Dual rate spring setup.

    As for functionality, this truck was used as a chase and support vehicle for the PRIMM 300 And other Off-Road Races throughout 2008. At Primm, we put well over 200 miles on some pretty hard Terrain. Again, anybody that see's this truck in person, or drives in it is by far impressed cosmetically and functionality. I would recommend this kit to anyone looking to get the ultimate character out of there Tundra.
    I'm not bashing the kit in general, I've seen them up close and they appear to be solid, quality components.

    But for about the same price you could have 16" of wheel travel with ~6" of lift, uniballs all the way around (not sure if the bulletproof kit has uniballs), and maintain a lower center of gravity.
    Sold - 05/24/10
    2007 Tundra 5.7 6-spd 2wd
    Silver, double cab, short bed
    TRD package

  12. #11
    E PLURIBUS UNUM FUNGUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,247
    Liked
    57 times
    Rep Power
    25263

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    I am sure that the kit is a good one, but personally that much lift is pointless unless it is a SAS.... for looks or mild offroad, I say go for it. But hardcore off-roading/rock crawling I would ditch that ifs. I still believe that the new tundra is too big for most hardcore trails, so this kit would be perfect....

  13. #12
    Supercharged Member apimpdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Polk County, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,989
    Liked
    163 times
    Images
    62
    Rep Power
    6832

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by Eibach Springs View Post
    I highly doubt that. I can get on the internet (behind a computer) all day long and speak false statements against competitor's products. Without pics or proof (like I've posted), I'm sure someone has there facts wrong.
    Hmm....
    IBTO Official Forums

    And the same guy with another incident....
    SH*T happens. - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

    Looks like a poorly designed lift if the upper control arm bolt comes through the fender. . Bump stops anyone?
    New Truck Build Thread 2006 Double Cab
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...dra-build-2-a/

    New Build Thread 2002 Tundra-Tundra Revamp

    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...tundra-revamp/

  14. #13
    Supercharged Member dogstate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    4,487
    Liked
    31 times
    Images
    3
    Rep Power
    18323

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by apimpdad View Post
    Hmm....
    IBTO Official Forums

    And the same guy with another incident....
    SH*T happens. - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

    Looks like a poorly designed lift if the upper control arm bolt comes through the fender. . Bump stops anyone?
    Thanks pimp. rep points added shortly

    -rockstate

  15. #14
    Junior Member Toy Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vista
    Posts
    401
    Liked
    3 times
    Rep Power
    531

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by Eibach Springs View Post
    Contact Bryan @ Bulletproof, I have spoke with him a few times--and I'm sure if you have any issues with there kit, Bulletproof Suspension would take care of it without a doubt.

    I can say from being in the industry, Bulletproof's kit is the most well known kit out there, and I have yet to hear anyone have any defects, issues or problems with there kit. However, like any Major Manufacturer--there will always be that small percentage. I know with them being a 100% USA made Manufacturer, and the warranty they offer (something we checked into before purchasing the kit), you will be taken cared of.
    I've been in this industry since 1985 and have never heard of Bulletproof... ever. Not saying you're wrong or they suck but, I've been going to Glamis, Ocotillo, have modified vehicles for street and off road use, installed audio systems, etc. for my almost my whole life and this was the first time they have come up.

    Eibach... yes. Bulletproof... no.

    ABout the towing comment... a truck with a 12" lift does not tow better... sorry.

    Glad to see it made it through the 300... a Tundra with coilovers and some UCA's would have too, for a fraction of the cost...

  16. #15
    Lurking Member Eibach Springs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Corona, ca
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: BulletProof Suspension for 2008 Tundra

    Quote Originally Posted by apimpdad View Post
    Hmm....
    IBTO Official Forums

    And the same guy with another incident....
    SH*T happens. - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

    Looks like a poorly designed lift if the upper control arm bolt comes through the fender. . Bump stops anyone?
    I'd re-read the post, before pointing the finger. The owner of that truck said it himself. Here is one of the posts taken from the links you posted.

    In reality, stock or not-stock. If you abuse something, it will break. Everything has its limits, I posted my testing and limits that I've gone, and rest assured am confident in there product. Even with our springs having a million mile warranty, we always get the one guy who tends to take advantage..

    Originally Posted by apimpdad
    Grade 10? Didnt know that even existed!?!? Looks like the Bulletproof lift has been giving you more than its fair share of problems!
    its actually a f911 .. which ive been told in the past is grade 10... but i guess thats not true... i do know f911 bolts are the strongest ! but i still keep bending them ... the lifts not whats the problem... its the offrading after a 30 pack in the dezert is what i need to stop doing
    Last edited by Eibach Springs; 02-24-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •