Anyone Install a Dump Kit?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Anyone Install a Dump Kit?

Liked
    1 times

Default Anyone Install a Dump Kit?

Thinking about maybe turning my 2003 Tundra into a Dump Truck, I have seen a number of kits out there..wondeirng up much it affects load capacity and wondering if there is anythign else i need to consider
    2003 Limited with lift package and 17" american Racing Wheels - Branford, CT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Hall of Fame Member Mr. Creosote's Avatar
    Liked
    1526 times

Default Re: Anyone Install a Dump Kit?

How about a dump trailer?

Liked
    1 times

thought about gettng a trailer, but cost of the trailer is same or more as one of the kits, then also you have a trailer to get a plate for and store in the yard somewhere,,just one more thing to worry about...these just seem so easy
    Dump Hoists Kits Hydraulic
    but if they dont work well, ad tons of weight, kill gas mileate and decrease load capacity, then i dont thinkI will bother and will just shovel the bed out and unload by hand
    2003 Limited with lift package and 17" american Racing Wheels - Branford, CT

Liked
    0 times

I will definately decrease your load acrrying capacity. The dump components have weight to them, so adding it to your truck is just like throwing a bunch of metal into your truck bed. I think you best bet would be to get a dump trailer.

Leader of Group Evil DevinSixtySeven's Avatar
    Liked
    642 times
    Images

The best I could tell ya is that the Tundra is a play truck you can work with, whereas most of the trucks (there's one small one??) they picture are work trucks you can play with.

1st-gen Tundras use a semi-float rear axle and small leaf springs. It's inexpensive and rides comfortably. In my opinion "doing it right" would involve a lot more than a dump conversion...a full-floater rear and higher spring rate. These trucks aren't built like the old-school 1-ton dually mini trucks.

The trailer is probably a better solution, or just loading and unloading by hand.

-Sean

GFX by FreedomEagle50
    1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index
    Armor - Lift vs. Travel - Traction - Tire Fitment - Recovery - Lift Kits - Driving - Tires & Gears - CV Boot Mod
    Manual Hubs
    OB's cup size: 36DD

"some people will call you stupid but its worth a try because i know i also want one more inch."--SouthernTundraSC

Liked
    9 times
    Images

Most aftermarket dumps also take away your towing because the box dumps but the bumper don't.
    Charlie & Linda