MBRP Tundra exhaust installed!!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MBRP Tundra exhaust installed!!

Liked
    1 times

Default MBRP Tundra exhaust installed!!

I am new to the forum as I just got my new tundra about a month ago...I just had MBRP install true split side exit duals (this system may not be on their website yet as its brand new and they used my truck to prototype it) on my truck and let me tell you this thing sounds bad azz and looks killer...I would post pics and soundclips but my camera got a little soggy on the weekend and as such I need to buy a new one...I will post pics in the future when I complete my toytec 3/1 lift with my new rims and tires next week...If anyone is looking for a wicked system with top notch build quality and an awesome sound check out MBRP..you won't be dissapointed..
    guntech likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: MBRP Tundra exhaust installed!!

Welcome to the forum!
    2006 Tundra Double cab SR5 4x2 4.7L V8:laughing:

Liked
    15 times
    Images

MBRP is a nice company that builds great exh systems. i had one of their catback systems on my 2003 tiburon GT back in the day and it was the best sounding, best fitting exhaust available for that car when the car frist came out. anxious to see pics...

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by tdubbs View Post
    I am new to the forum as I just got my new tundra about a month ago...I just had MBRP install true split side exit duals (this system may not be on their website yet as its brand new and they used my truck to prototype it) on my truck and let me tell you this thing sounds bad azz and looks killer...I would post pics and soundclips but my camera got a little soggy on the weekend and as such I need to buy a new one...I will post pics in the future when I complete my toytec 3/1 lift with my new rims and tires next week...If anyone is looking for a wicked system with top notch build quality and an awesome sound check out MBRP..you won't be dissapointed..
    Sounds like a MBRP rep to me! First post, no pics, hmmmm. read the last sentence.... ""If anyone is looking for a wicked system with top notch build quality and an awesome sound check out MBRP..you won't be dissapointed..""

Liked
    1 times

I ain't no rep that's for sure...although I do like the product...just speaking my thoughts about a great product...

Liked
    1 times

and I will post pics next week when the truck is done...and no the exhaust isn't loud...its louder than the TRD which I personally find too quiet...but more mellow than some I have heard...

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I had the MBRP turbo-back system on my F250 that I just sold and I LOVED that exhaust... It sounded sooo good on that truck and it looked great too! Did you get any sort of exhaust tip put on, or is it just the standard tube ending, or did the system come with nicer tips already on it? PLEASE post pics! I am very eager to see how this looks..
    What does "true split side exit duals" mean?
    Does that mean that it is like the new F250's- where it is dual exit, but only on one side?
    Also, how much did you pay for it? How much will it list for?
    • Silver 2008 5.7 4x4 SR5 Double Cab with Gray Leather and JBL picked up on 5/31/08
    • I installed the Truxxx 3/1 leveling kit the day after I got it. PAIN IN THE A!! Get a shop to do it!!
    • Excalibur AL-2000 2-way pager alarm with remote start and dark as legally possible tint installed the very next day
    • 305/55/20 Toyo A/T tires and black with machined lip ATX Vice wheels installed the day after that!
    • Aries 4" Deluxe Oval tube steps.
    • Sirius Satelite Radio installed using wleeb's awesome DIY.

Liked
    8 times

I went to their website and didn't see an application for a regular cab short bed.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing? I wonder whether it's possible to modify an extended cab version i.e. by cutting the piping?
    2007 Tundra 5.7 4x2 RCSB slate metallic
    2005 Corolla - all stock, cause it's the wifes
    1986 Mustang GT - the stereo is under the hood
    1995 Mercury Villager - the man van

Liked
    0 times

screw waiting on the lift.. post the pix now!!
    2009 RCSB Tundra 5.7 (on its way)
    Turbo Project to follow shortly

Liked
    1 times

My truck is at the dealership as we speak having the lift installed...I bought a new camera this afternoon and will try to post pics tomorrow...If you want the system for your regular cab short bed just call Jeff Carr at MBRP and tell him what you are looking for I am sure they can make something work for you...and they are split duals one exiting behind each wheel but it looks way better than the TRD set-up, I also have the tips on it...They will make the system in 3 different versions and they will all be different prices..installer series will be aluminized piping with stainless tips and will be the cheapest...XD series will be made from 409 stainless...and the one I got is the XP or top of the line series made from 304 stainless and guaranteed for life (mine will probably retainl for around $1200 the 409 $8-900 and installer will prolly be $500 or so)...remember these are true duals not two into one into two like most other offerings there is two individual mufflers...you get my point...the sound is very distinct...I like it more everytime I drive it...

Liked
    1 times

By the way those prices I posted are a guess...

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Yea Tdubbs post some pics lol. I'm sure I'll see them soon enough when my rims come in. From what I heard on the phone they sound awesome and I may have to swap the trd's i have em sold already if i decide to aprt with them. Now hurry up and get an intake

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

tdubbs Re: MBRP Tundra exhaust installed!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My truck is at the dealership as we speak having the lift installed...I bought a new camera this afternoon and will try to post pics tomorrow...If you want the system for your regular cab short bed just call Jeff Carr at MBRP and tell him what you are looking for I am sure they can make something work for you...and they are split duals one exiting behind each wheel but it looks way better than the TRD set-up, I also have the tips on it...They will make the system in 3 different versions and they will all be different prices..installer series will be aluminized piping with stainless tips and will be the cheapest...XD series will be made from 409 stainless...and the one I got is the XP or top of the line series made from 304 stainless and guaranteed for life (mine will probably retainl for around $1200 the 409 $8-900 and installer will prolly be $500 or so)...remember these are true duals not two into one into two like most other offerings there is two individual mufflers...you get my point...the sound is very distinct...I like it more everytime I drive it...

This is the brand I have been waiting for; I am glad to have found a buyer for my TRD Exhaust. MBRP web site only shows split duals exiting rear bumper, I will have to make a phone call.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

tdubbs MBRP Tundra exhaust installed!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am new to the forum as I just got my new tundra about a month ago...I just had MBRP install true split side exit duals (this system may not be on their website yet as its brand new and they used my truck to prototype it) on my truck
    I was told the exhaust you have will not be available for months. (MBRP Rep.)
    So where are these pictures or sound clips that you were going to post?

Thanks

Liked
    0 times

I had the cool duals on my 2000 cummins. I loved it. I cant afford to drop 800 on a whole new system. I have the JBA on my truck right now I was planning on just switching out the muffler part. Do you know the diameter and the length of the muffler that comes with the system for our trucks?
    Has:
    07 black limited 4X4
    Black head light mod
    AFE CAI
    JBA tubing with a Magnaflow muffler
    CB radio
    2.5 Toy Tec
    N-Fab steps
    Doug's long tube Headers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast