Sweet sweet smell - Page 2 - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
U didn't get an I-FORCE 5.7...

Re: Sweet sweet smell

Here's where my problem may or may not be. The picture where you can see the coolant with only a couple small bubbles was taken after my truck had sat for 24 hours. I removed the cap and snapped the picture, put the cap back on. I then drove my truck to town, pulled back in the garage, popped the hood, waited approximately 4 hours, removed the cap and that's what I seen...lot's of bubbles.

I may be wrong but the only way to get bubbles in the SC tank would be air??? getting into the system???SC coolant tank.jpgSC coolant tank2.jpg

If I am getting air into the system, then that's a good chance of why I keep smelling coolant. The tank is about 1/4 inch from the top of the reservoir which means it may be losing a small amount of fluid, if in fact it should be completely full, IDK.

My dealer is calling someone in California, tech support or something to try and get answers as to if the system should have bubbles. It almost looks like it's foamy.

Performance: 5.7L, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Supercharger added Nov. '13

Exterior: Power Fold Limited Mirrors, 2010 Limited grill, Clear lens headlight covers; Westin side steps; Ventvisors-in channel, Spray in liner, Rancho shocks 9000xl front and rear, Silverstar high beams & fog lights, Polarg low beams, TRD oil cap, Chrome door handles, Remote start, TRD rear sway bar, TruXedo Tonneau, 305_50R20 on Alcoa 20x9 +50 Ivan Stewart wheels.

Interior: Factory Heated Seats, Back up camera, Auto Climate Control, Factory NAV, Leather wrapped steering wheel with functioning audio/bluetooth controls, Optitron Gauges, Limited instrument panel and door handles, MPG display enabled, Weathertech floor mats, Sport Pedals, Home Link/Auto-dim rear view mirror and 35% side window tint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Supporter

OK ... if the SC system is not losing coolant then it seems very unlikely to me that it would be causing the problem. I agree that the bubbles do seem a bit strange but I don't know anything about that system

07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
Toyota SS steps
ARE MX cap
AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
Weathertech Floor Liners
Weathertech Vent Visors
Ultragauge EM
Cooper Discoverer AT3's
Techstream

CBTMA member
aip override 1.1.pdf
Block Off Plate
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
U didn't get an I-FORCE 5.7...

If someone that has a SC would check theirs or knows of someone that has a SC and would ask them...if anyone can do this, please let me know. Thanks and I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday season!

Performance: 5.7L, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Supercharger added Nov. '13

Exterior: Power Fold Limited Mirrors, 2010 Limited grill, Clear lens headlight covers; Westin side steps; Ventvisors-in channel, Spray in liner, Rancho shocks 9000xl front and rear, Silverstar high beams & fog lights, Polarg low beams, TRD oil cap, Chrome door handles, Remote start, TRD rear sway bar, TruXedo Tonneau, 305_50R20 on Alcoa 20x9 +50 Ivan Stewart wheels.

Interior: Factory Heated Seats, Back up camera, Auto Climate Control, Factory NAV, Leather wrapped steering wheel with functioning audio/bluetooth controls, Optitron Gauges, Limited instrument panel and door handles, MPG display enabled, Weathertech floor mats, Sport Pedals, Home Link/Auto-dim rear view mirror and 35% side window tint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page