Exclamation Point ?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exclamation Point ?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Exclamation Point ?

ok, based on my owners manual, i see a warning for tire pressure. however, is there more than one exclamation point on the dash indicating different issues? this exclamation point is in the oil pressure gauge.

i checked my tire pressure and one of my tires was low last night. i filled it up, but the light is still on. i didnt check the pressure this morning, so perhaps i have a slow leak. but, i did check it right after i filled it last night, and the light was still on. does it need to be reset after adjusting the pressure? i would think if its intelligent enough to decide it is low, it should be intelligent enough to realize when its back at the correct pressure.

anyone familiar with this? is an exclamation point in that area for tire pressure? if so, any suggestions. obviously i can take it to the dealer, but we all know thats a PITA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Exclamation Point ?

I know when my tire pressure light came on, once I filled it up over 26psi the light cleared it self. Did you check all of your other tires? I am not sure but you might have TPMS on your spare as well.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

thanks for the response. i did not check the spare. does anyone know if it monitors the spare?

i did have my 10,000 mile service a cpl weeks ago. could rotating the tires have caused an issue?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

When I looked in my manual about this it stated that the spare tire does not have a tire pressure sensor. When my tpms light came on last week I made sure I didn't have a flat or a low tire first. All tires were at 34 psi. I increased it a little and reset the tpms, and the warning light came off. I believe the manual states that after changing the air pressure you need to resest the tpms and turn your key to the on position for 3 to 6 minutes for the warning light to go off. It also states that if this doesn't work then try it again or have it inspected by the dealership.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

ok, ill check my manual. i couldnt find anything in there. no idea how to reset the tpms.

Liked
    69 times
    Images

The reset button is down by your knees on the drivers side.

Push and hold that button for 3+ seconds.
    2008 Tundra 5.7L RCSB 2WD Supercharged, Auburn LSD, IPT Valvebody, Sequoia swaybar, BAM stainless custom exhaust, etc...

www.gaugeplates.com

Liked
    0 times
    Images

If the reset under the dash does not clear the light you may have a failed sensor and need to have Toyota hookup their techstream to find which one has failed.
    '10 5.7 SUPER WHITE CREWMAX
    2 Flowmaster 40 series w/ dual tips out the back, Airaid intake, 22" BOSS 329 w/ 305/45/22 General grabber UHP, weathertech window vent shades, TRD swaybar.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.