Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Leveled trucks, ecu cutting power

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jeepnuts311 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I've had a busy year and haven't been on the forum as much as I have been in the past. I searched briefly and didn't find what I was looking for, but maybe one of you knows what I am talking about.

Ever since I took the rake out of my truck, and made it sit level it has acted kinda funny. It will cut power and flash the traction light when the tires are not spinning. Taking tight turns and accelerating hard both cause this.

I seem to vaguely remember somebody figuring out how to trick the VSC module to read correctly on a leveled truck. It shouldn't matter whether its lifted or lowered because its the spatial orientation of the truck that has it confused.

-Tim

p.s. i guess you lose rep power if you don't visit the forum for a while...

#4 ·
thanks both of yall for the links. I will try this

-Tim

#5 ·
So you have to be at the dealer to hook up the techstream for this right?

#6 ·
So you have to be at the dealer to hook up the techstream for this right?
You can do it with a jumper wire following the instructions from the TSB

-Tim

#10 ·
no need to shim...just jumper wire it to reset the sensors to zero. of course im just talkin out my butt cause i had no issues with mine. 3 inch front lift= no issues. 1.5 inch rear blocks went on a few days later= still no issues. had no issues when i went to the 275.70 tires either. some have it bad some dont have it. its kinda hit or miss.

#11 ·
Thanks,

I'll try the zero pt cal first, then the shim

-Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.