Pictures of bedliner with deck rail system?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pictures of bedliner with deck rail system?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Pictures of bedliner with deck rail system?

Does anyone have pictures of the tundra oem bedliner with the deck rail system installed. The dealer ordered a bedliner that was supposed to be for the deck rail install. I bought the rails separately and was going to install those myself. I took the truck in today and the dealer installed the bedliner. I think that something is wrong with it. First, it does not fit up under the rail caps in some spots so the beds shows through. Secondly, it has a bracket (I think that it is called a z-bracket) attaching the front of the liner to the bed. The deck rail temp-set peg will not go through the hole in the z bracket and into the keyhole slot like it is supposed to. The directions that came with the rail system say nothing about a z bracket. Finally, it looks as if someone has cut part of the liner away as some of the top edges are uneven and ragged. I know that you have to do this for the bedliner not make for the rail system. The dealer swears that they did not cut it. The part number on the liner is the correct number (PT271-34070). This is the one for the deck rails. Does anyone have pictures of the bedliner deck rail system (probably factory installed) so I can see what it is supposed to look like. I would appreciate it. I really think that the dealer was sent a used liner or liner from a bad install that was returned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Pictures?

I have a factory installed bed liner with deck rail system, mine is the exact same way as you are describing, it's dark now, but i can post some pics tomorrow if that helps.
    5.7 DC 4x4,TRD off road, bucket seats, 6 disc, sat, TRD shifter, 2.5"front/1.5"rear lift, fender flares, chrome tube steps, tint, front rain guards, bed liner w/deck rail system, color matched grill surround, partialy debadged, black TRD decals, BFG 305/65/18's on TRD rims, Black headlight mod. (sorry, haven't changed pic's yet)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks mccolors. Pictures would be helpful. Is there a gap between your liner and rail caps?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Yes, in some spot's. Not the best design IMO, but good enough for the work I do.
    5.7 DC 4x4,TRD off road, bucket seats, 6 disc, sat, TRD shifter, 2.5"front/1.5"rear lift, fender flares, chrome tube steps, tint, front rain guards, bed liner w/deck rail system, color matched grill surround, partialy debadged, black TRD decals, BFG 305/65/18's on TRD rims, Black headlight mod. (sorry, haven't changed pic's yet)

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I know exactly what your talking about. My truck had the deck rails already installed when I bought it and I added the bed liner. I forget what the procedure is, but there is a special step you have to do to the peg for the Z bar. There might even be a bolt that goes in its place, been so long I dont quite remember. Its outlined in the Bed liner instructions, not the deck rail inst. Ask your dealer for the installation instructions that came with the bed liner and you should be good to go. They might even be able to email them to you if you call them. If no one else has posted pics by this afternoon, I'll try to throw some up for you!
    (.)(.)

...Y

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Pictures of bedliner with deck rail system?

Hopefully these are what you are wanting. The last photo is the bolt that replaces the peg that is probably installed in the center of your front deck rail.

(.)(.)

...Y

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the info and the pictures. I went back to the dealer today and looked at some factory installations in tundras on the lot and most of the liners looked like mine. I do not understand why the manufacturer cannot be consistent and get all of these to come up to the rail caps. My rail system did not come with a special bolt so when I installed it this afternoon, I had to drill the center hole in the z bar out a bit, and then do some constructive bending around that hole so I could get that peg in the slot on the truck. I'll be putting a solid fold cover on the bed so the ugly bedliner won't show anyway. It's just a shame that you pay good money for an automobile and Toyota uses a bad manufacturer for it's aftermarket product. Oh well, I do like my Tundra. Thanks for all of the info.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Is the factory bed liner a hard plastic that is just bolted on? That is what it appears to be above if I'm not mistaken.

If someone could please get back to me about this soon I'd greatly appreciate it, because I'm thinking about purchasing a Tundra CM that is currently being built that wasn't spec'd by me and it has the factory bed liner option. I didn't want it because I wanted to have LINEX sprayed in. If it is easy to take out I'd probably just take that truck I'm talking about because it is perfect other then that.

Thanks!

Liked
    0 times

It's a hard plastic drop in. You can take it out with one hand if you're tricky.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.