Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade

For anybody out there with the SR5 non-leather steering wheel, if u would like to upgrade but can't afford the 700-1000 toyota wants for the new wheel talk with Don at Dallas Custom Steering Wheels. i just purchased a wheel from him for a very reasonable price and the leather work is top quality. he can do any color. the customer service is great also. i purchased a black wheel and found out my interior was brown so he sent me a brown wheel at no extra charge in exchange for the black.
    Dallas Custom Steering Wheel

check out the pics. i highly recommend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_040.jpg 
Views:	1168 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	39514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_042.jpg 
Views:	736 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	39515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_043.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	39516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_046.jpg 
Views:	1263 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	39517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_045.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	39518  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Leather Steering Wheel Upgrade

What about Realtree Hardwoods Grey to match seat covers? That would be interesting!!

Liked
    1 times

Looks good - how much did it cost you ?

Liked
    1 times
    Images

it was about 250 and he will need your wheel in exchange.
    cj

Liked
    1 times
    Images

cj, you read my mind man, I was looking around for steering wheel covers! That looks nice. How's the feel/look once it's actually back on the column? Also, how long does he need the wheel for?
    2008 Tundra 5.7L SR5 DCSB 4x4 / Pyrite Mica

2007 Tundra 5.7L RCSB RWD/ Slate Metallic
    (SOLD)

Undercover Tonneau /
    N-Fab Nerf Bars / Low Range Off-Road 3/1 Leveling Kit / Banks Catback Piping w/ 3" x 26" Powerstick / BFG A/T KOs 285/65/R18 / Line-X / Charcoal Filter Delete / Debadged

Liked
    115 times
    Images

For sure adding this to my mod list!

"They Were Just Jealous That My Tundra Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"

Liked
    16 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandTundra View Post
    cj, you read my mind man, I was looking around for steering wheel covers! That looks nice. How's the feel/look once it's actually back on the column? Also, how long does he need the wheel for?
    web site clearly states 2 day turn around.

great find.

but one question. how in the world did you not know you had brown interior? i have the sand beige leather and from day one i knew it was two toned dark brown and tan....the black just looks blah in comparison....

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by guyjones10 View Post
    For anybody out there with the SR5 non-leather steering wheel, if u would like to upgrade but can't afford the 700-1000 toyota wants for the new wheel talk with Don at Dallas Custom Steering Wheels. i just purchased a wheel from him for a very reasonable price and the leather work is top quality. he can do any color. the customer service is great also. i purchased a black wheel and found out my interior was brown so he sent me a brown wheel at no extra charge in exchange for the black.
    Dallas Custom Steering Wheel

check out the pics. i highly recommend.

guyjones10,

Are any instructions available on precisely how to remove/install the steering wheel? Can you provide any tips for this mod?

Thanks!

...Glenn

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Looks sweet...But I guess I will settle for my $35 Wheelskinz leather cover for right now.
    Doug Thorley ceramic coated headers, SOS high flow Y pipe, Magna Flow cat back exhaust, K&N drop in filter, Rev-Tek 2.5" lift kit, diff drop, Cooper Discoverer A/T 3's 275/70-17's, Dynoed @ 245rwhp

Liked
    5 times

Does removing the steering wheel involve removing the blinker and lighting stalks? or is it simply remove airbag and unbolt steering wheel?

Liked
    16 times
    Images

removing she steering wheel will be the same as any airbag euipped steering wheel removal. just unbolt the airbag from the back side of the wheel, lift it out, unplug the airbag assembly, use a steering wheel puller and unbolt and remove the wheel as necessary....

Liked
    1 times
    Images

i know it should be easy to see black vs brown but my windows are tinted and the interior kind of blends together. i would have kept the black wheel but i could not find a black air bag cover anywhere. it looked kind of strange with a black wheel and brown air bag cover.
    its very easy to remove steering wheel. for pics refer to Do-It_yourself link on this site and look at mhaddens' post on OEM Foglight install. make sure to disconnect neg. battery terminal first. he has a black wheel right now b/c i have returned it. he had my new wheel ready the day he recieved it. he drives a tundra as wheel. the wheel is very comfortable but he adds padding underneath that the limited model does not have. i am very pleased. pm if anyone has more questions. best mod i have done yet.
    cj
    Last edited by guyjones10; 02-24-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.