Code 2443, HELP!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Code 2443, HELP!

Liked
    0 times

Default Code 2443, HELP!

Just got a call back from the dealer the bill is estimated to be $1100 to fix code 2443. Some kind of exhaust air valve sticking??? My Tundra is an 07 DC with 45,000 miles on it.
    Dealer says it isn't anything that I have done just a bad switch and must be replaced in pairs??? No modifications to the truck by me.

Anybody know anything or heard anything? I have asked the dealer to do some homework for me and see if I can get any help from Toyota. $1100 bill on a 22 month old truck will make me look at other brands. Quality was the main reason I bought a Toyota..................ouch

Thanks, John

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Default Re: Code 2443, HELP!

$1100 that sucks, you'd think something like that would be covered by the warranty.
    S/C, Custom dual exhaust with super 40 Flowmasters, debadged.

Liked
    12 times
    Images

Sounds like it should be covered under the powertrain warranty which is 60,000 miles.
    Exhaust valve would be in the engine right?
    Warranty Information - Toyota Owners
    What is your dealer trying to pull?

Beer please!
    CBTMA (Member and Founding Father: Est. August 15, 2008)
    Clicky>>> What The Heck is CBTMA
    Unknown - "The biological purpose of pain is to prevent the recurrence of stupidity."

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Dude that should be warranty. It is emission related. 8 years or 80.000 miles

- ? -
    Liked
    1 times

That should be covered under the powertrain warranty. You should take it to a different toyota dealership and see what they come up with or if they tell you something different.

Supporter
    Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by cavwrench View Post
    Dude that should be warranty. It is emission related. 8 years or 80.000 miles
    I believe you are correct and an exhaust air valve is covered under the emissions section of the warranty...regardless, it should be covered...B.

Liked
    0 times

Dealer called me back. Not warranty but they are going to fix it and charge me 25% of the bill, about $275. Better than $1100 but I still might do some homework of my own as to emission warranty.
    They are telling me the part that failed is a switch that opens the valve that allows oxygen to mix with exhaust bound gasses. So that the emissions are legal and the sensors that check the emissions don't get set off.
    What???????????????????????????????

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by John32961 View Post
    Dealer called me back. Not warranty but they are going to fix it and charge me 25% of the bill, about $275. Better than $1100 but I still might do some homework of my own as to emission warranty.
    They are telling me the part that failed is a switch that opens the valve that allows oxygen to mix with exhaust bound gasses. So that the emissions are legal and the sensors that check the emissions don't get set off.
    Now it really does sound fishy. No dealer is going to do an $1100 repair for $275 just out of the goodness of their own heart. If there IS an 80k emissions warranty like a previous poster mentioned I would have to think it would be covered.

Liked
    312 times
    Images

I think you should go to another dealer for a second opinion. This all sounds a bit strange.
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by shooter2jim View Post
    Now it really does sound fishy. No dealer is going to do an $1100 repair for $275 just out of the goodness of their own heart. If there IS an 80k emissions warranty like a previous poster mentioned I would have to think it would be covered.
    The dealer is doing it for $1100 - 25% ($275) = $825.00
    2007 CrewMax SR5 4x4 5.7 Nautical Blue
    My Pictures
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Pioneer FH-P8000BT w/ Sirius, Carriage Works Black Replacement Grille + Top Insert, Color Matched Sequoia Door Handles, Bench Seat, Dual Headrest DVD, back up camera w/monitor, Nüvi, Line-x, TruXedo Lo Pro QT, Tekonsha P3, debadged, enjoyed since 7/20/2007

Towing - 35 Foot 2011 KZ Spree 321BHS

Liked
    0 times

I think I would bundle up my warranty, transcripts of my conversations with that dealer, and have a visit with an attorney..

ima

Liked
    0 times

Keep us posted as to what is going on .. :dry:

Rex

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Red face Re: Code 2443, HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by John32961 View Post
    Like several posters after your present reply, I personally think the dealer should eat the entire bill and not sock you with a $275 bill. The dealer is being cheap when it comes to a warrantry item like this!

I'd stick to my guns and say POLITELY "Its covered by warrantry, the emissions warrantry in particular." Make sure you receive any replies in writing.

Sanosuke!

Liked
    0 times

if you really want to know the air pumps are not a power train part due to the fact that the pumps are not necessary to operate the truck but as far as the emissions goes that might be covered

and for rex wayne dude you and everyone like you who wants to sue everybody because you dont read all the warranty info or dont sit down with the service manager and just ask what and why this is not a warranty issue most of them will try to work with you as far as the numbers being off i cant explain that
    Last edited by ifeldwn02; 03-01-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Call the warranty company yourself.
    I had to have an airbag sensor replaced. Was not covered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast