How to remove tail light on '08 Tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to remove tail light on '08 Tundra

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default How to remove tail light on '08 Tundra

My left tail light is cracked pretty bad. I found one on ebay at a very reasonable price. Can someone please tell me how to remove the tail light assembly? Thank you very much.

~eddie

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: How to remove tail light on '08 Tundra

Open the tailgate and there should be two or three screws to take out. Then when those are out grab the part of the tail light closest to the tailgate and pull. There are two little nubs that go into the body of the truck on the inside of the light. Then just disconnect the lights and your good. I hope I explained this well.

How did it crack, can we see pics?
    Last edited by Cards374; 04-20-2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Black Envy
    Black 5.7L RCSB w/ appearance package
    Exterior Mods: TRD bug deflector, Grillcraft MX grille,
    Debadged, Color matched plastics, 20% tint, Black projector head lights,
    Black Longo tail lights, Black wheels.
    Bed Mods:
    Line-X, Leer 550 hard cover, Batwings(!!!)
    Engine Mods: Banks Monster single outlet exhaust, Volant CAI (Thanks Franky!!!)
    Interior Mods: Pioneer head unit w/ 10'' Rockford Fosgate subs.
    Wish list: Level or lowering kit, Supercharger

Custom emblem by RIjon

- ? -
    Liked
    1 times

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cards374 View Post
    How did it crack, can we see pics?
    That was fast, thanks. Actually there is slight body damage also. I had an estimate of close to 600.00 for repairs. Close to 200.00 is for the tail light and labor to install. I found a new tail light on ebay for about 90.00 with shipping. I told the body shop to reconfigure the estimate without the tail light and it saved me about 100 bucks. It's raining and I frankly do not want to take pictures now but there is a shallow dent about 14 inches long on the left side of the bed at the end. It happened while I was trying to pull a neighbor's U-Haul rental pickup out of his yard after he got stuck in soft dirt. My truck slid sideways in the dirt and hit a tree in his yard. The dent is not that noticeable when you are standing directly in front of it but when you look at it from an angle from the front of the truck it is more noticeable.

eddie

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by CCTUNDRA08 View Post
    That's exactly what I need. Thanks a million.

~eddie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.