Success!!! VSC and Lift issue Fix Confirmed!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Success!!! VSC and Lift issue Fix Confirmed!

Liked
    3 times

Exclamation Success!!! VSC and Lift issue Fix Confirmed!

Ok you guys, ever since I put on the Bilstein 5100's I was having issues with the VSC going off around corners unless I went really slow. After having the Zero Point cal done and it didn't fix the problem I was getting upset. After looking into this further, the fix is quite simple. Thanks to Sparks for giving me the diagram for the VSC sensor. The problem lies with the Yaw and deceleration sensor. It seems to be very sensitive to any nose up condition. Here is what I did. I removed the sensor and shimmed up the back side so it would have a slope, nose down, to it, to simulate not having the front lift. I re-calibrated the Zero Point per the pdf file and bam, no more VSC problem. I was taking the corners squealing the tires and no VSC engagement. To get to the sensor you need to remove the center console. I put 3 of the washers shown on the back side. Be sure to tighten the front first, then the back. I have an 07 Crewmax 4x4, but I imagine all others are the same. Hopefully this will work for you guys too!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sensor1.jpg 
Views:	7344 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	44435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sensor2.jpg 
Views:	7252 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	44436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washer1.jpg 
Views:	5730 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	44437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washer2.jpg 
Views:	5423 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	44438  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    keninsb, NCPaulD and c_h1132 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Success!!! VSC and Lift issue Fix Confirmed!

I was going to make an appointment today to have the zero point calibration done again. I get the same thing when pulling a trailer and going around corners. This is awesome news! Thanks!
    2008 Tundra Crewmax Limited TRD Offroad 4X4 5.7, TRD sway bar, Bilstein 5100's, Deaver mini pack, Firestone airbags, N-Fab Stainless step bars, dual stebel horns, 10 ply Michelins, Auburn LSD, Onboard Air System.
    2007 4Runner Limited 4.7 V8 4X4

Veteran Member
    Liked
    5 times

nice work, I bet you are going to make a lot of guys with lifts quite happy this morning....

Liked
    0 times

Did you re-calibrate using the SST method, if so where is that located?

Liked
    3 times

yes, just use a jumper wire and the connector is under the dash next to the TPMS button.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Thanks very much, that will solve my problem with the VSC.
    Pulling Open Road Puresport 38-3L-5 Toyhauler!

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Great bit of information!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
    2007 RCSB |5.7 | TRD SC | JBA Headers | Auburn LSD

Liked
    14 times

That's it. No wonder my truck feels quicker with the factory rake compared to when I lower the rear. I have Alcan soft springs with Firestone airbags. With the airbags at 5 psi, the rear is lower than stock. The truck feels sluggish on acceleration. I thought it was just aerodynamics but I'm also thinking the truck has accelerometer and yaw sensor which maybe interpreting the truck is loaded.

Hall of Fame Member Mr. Creosote's Avatar
    Liked
    1526 times

Quote Originally Posted by Art64 View Post
    That's it. No wonder my truck feels quicker with the factory rake compared to when I lower the rear. I have Alcan soft springs with Firestone airbags. With the airbags at 5 psi, the rear is lower than stock. The truck feels sluggish on acceleration. I thought it was just aerodynamics but I'm also thinking the truck has accelerometer and yaw sensor which maybe interpreting the truck is loaded.
    Do you disable nannies while you feel this sluggishness?
    Attention environmentalists, reduce emissions from this:

Liked
    3 times

Just a quick update, went for a long drive today and noticed that sharp right hand curves there was still a little bit of sensitivity of the VSC. There was none on the left hand curves. When I got home I check the sensor again and noticed it was not level from left to right. So I ben the bracket to make it level side to side and went back out and the right hand sensitivity was gone. It did not change the left hand sensitivity. So what I am suggesting is to make sure the side to side is not skewed when you do this mod.

Steve

Liked
    14 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Creosote View Post
    Do you disable nannies while you feel this sluggishness?
    The nannies are always off when I drive except for really short ones like reparking the truck. I got used to the routine of turning the nannies off as soon as I start the truck. I also use "S" mode 99% of the time and have been using 91 octane gas for years now. The sluggishness is not too much though. It's like putting 500 lbs in the bed. I guess the computer can relearn after sometime, but I just put the factory rake back on. It's quieter on the highway(less wind noise) and also on the track at 118 MPH.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

hmm. i have this when i brake and turn left.. how much does the dealer charge to zero the vsc?
    07 white dbl cab ltd tundra loaded.

7"BDS LIFT 20" rockstars with 37" nitto mud grapplers

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...summer-meet-4/

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sknaus View Post
    Just a quick update, went for a long drive today and noticed that sharp right hand curves there was still a little bit of sensitivity of the VSC. There was none on the left hand curves. When I got home I check the sensor again and noticed it was not level from left to right. So I ben the bracket to make it level side to side and went back out and the right hand sensitivity was gone. It did not change the left hand sensitivity. So what I am suggesting is to make sure the side to side is not skewed when you do this mod.

Steve
    Just a thought about why it may have been occuring with rights more than lefts. Since we drive on the right side of the road, the turn radius is usually shorter for a right hand turn, if it is a two lane road/ramp. That makes for higher G's given the same speed for that turn radius. Or, as you said, the sensor wasn't balanced. Could be a sway bar issue as well I assume.

I am thinking about trying this mod on my 2006 Tundra before they mount the new (larger) tires, and then have them zero balance the VSC system. Is the unit under the center console like it is in the '07 and ups, and what size washers did sknaus use? I wish the truck had a VSC defeat button, so I could just kill the thing all together.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

They charged me $110 which includes tax. It took them 5 minutes. Those bastards!
    2007 Tundra Limited, 2.5" leveling Kit, 20" MKW with 33's.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Does that washer mod really work? Should I do that right after installing my lift/tires to prevent VSC engagement?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.