DIY: Headliner removal - Page 3

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DIY: Headliner removal

Liked
    28 times

Default Re: DIY: Headliner removal

Quote Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
    I just better make sure I never get inside a truck like JJ's with the noise reduction because then I'll HAVE to have it.
    haha, it's worth every penny and I'd do it all over again in a second on my next truck.

2007 Tundra Limited DoubleCab 5.7, Silver Sky, TRD
    Honda Super Cub

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

def reviving an old thread, but has anyone pulled the headliner out of a CM w/ a moonroof?? i want to put an over head monitor in but unsure of how it works with the slide piece

Liked
    50 times
    Images

Very nice. sound deadening my 01 is on my list of things to do.
    2001 AC SR5
    iDiy
    200k Club
    K&N drop in filter, Satin Black Eagle Alloy Series 102 wheels, Bilstein 5100s, 265/27-16 Hankook DynaPro ATM, Magnaflow 14inch Muffler.

Liked
    118 times

This is something I'm interested in doing.
    A few questions:
    Where did you purchase?
    Cost?
    How much material is supplied? (sq ft)

Thanks.

Liked
    28 times

Quote Originally Posted by RRzxter View Post
    This is something I'm interested in doing.
    A few questions:
    Where did you purchase?
    Cost?
    How much material is supplied? (sq ft)

Thanks.
    I bought everything for the roof from Second Skin. I used Damplifier Pro and then topped it with Heat Wave Pro to kill the noise and help keep the heat out. The sound difference is dramatically better. Even when it pours, you cant hear a drop hitting the roof, you just hear it on the windshield.

I think I bought 36 sqft bulk pack. That will be plenty for the roof.

Honda Super Cub

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the great write up. In replacing my interior bulbs w LEDs, I accidentally dislodged the map light switch. Your write up was helpful in removing the overhead console so I could find it and replace it.
    Big Poppa

Just a Herbicidal maniac. Herbicidal's Avatar
    Liked
    99 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo Jet View Post
    I bought everything for the roof from Second Skin. I used Damplifier Pro and then topped it with Heat Wave Pro to kill the noise and help keep the heat out. The sound difference is dramatically better. Even when it pours, you cant hear a drop hitting the roof, you just hear it on the windshield.

I think I bought 36 sqft bulk pack. That will be plenty for the roof.
    Excellent write up. Now you have me thinking about it for my black CrewMax. Talk about a large roof and some serious heat on a summer day! Luckily my truck is garaged whenever I'm not using it. So did you stick the Damplifier Pro to the inside of the roof, then apply Heat Wave Pro to it? If that's the correct order, what did you use to stick it to the Damplifier Pro? Some type of spray-on adhesive? Sorry if I missed that part. Thx!

*** 2007 Black Tundra CrewMax 5.7 liter SR5 4x4 with TRD and tow packages. Old Man Emu 3/1 complete lift with Toyo Open Country M/T's - 285x75x18's. Hypertech speedo recalibrator. Ultra Motorsports 18" black rims with silver accents. N-Fab 6-step, wheel to wheel black nerf bars. G-Tek radiator air-dam and door sill protectors. Arma Coatings spray in bedliner and bumpers by On The Road Trucks in Rocklin, CA. De-badged. Black grill surround. RBP black exhaust tip. Air Lift 5000 air bags with WirelessOne remote. Amp Research bed step.
    *** 2008 Flint Mica Yaris aka: Vios 'S' sedan. TRD lowering springs, TRD cold air intake, TRD anti-sway bar for the rear, TRD Sportivo rear shocks and front struts. Tinted windows all the way around, Tanabe front shock tower brace, 17" rims - Samurai SC02 Hyper Black. Megan Racing header.
    *** 2009 Salsa Red Corolla 'S' 5-speed manual.Wife's ride. Back windows tinted, but otherwise stock.
    *** 2003 Silver Corolla 'S'. Daughters ride. Totally stock.

Liked
    28 times

Yes, that's the order I did it. Damp Pro first, then I used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive to hold the Heat Wave up.

Honda Super Cub

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

For those who want a cheaper way of doing it is the "Frost King" stuff. It's about $19.00 a roll at Lowe's
    Foil and Fiberglass Duct Wrap:

Combines the properties of two popular insulating materials in one handy roll. It can be used on both heating and air-conditioning ducts, as well as on car and truck hoods and trunks.

Product Number UPC Description Color
    FV516 077578023335 1 ft x 1/8" x 15 ft

Liked
    118 times

Definitely cheaper. But at 2 1/2" thick, I'm not sure it would be ideal for under the headliner.
    Even if you could compress it enough, what a mess.
    I hate fiberglass.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by RRzxter View Post
    Definitely cheaper. But at 2 1/2" thick, I'm not sure it would be ideal for under the headliner.
    Even if you could compress it enough, what a mess.

I hate fiberglass.
    No, it's only 1/8" thick and compresses easily. I did a writeup on tundratalk about it, recently in the audio section. It's a closed cell foam withfoil backing and adhesive on the other side with a R3 insulation factor.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by orthotist View Post
    No, it's only 1/8" thick and compresses easily. I did a writeup on tundratalk about it, recently in the audio section. It's a closed cell foam withfoil backing and adhesive on the other side with a R3 insulation factor.
    I just finished all four doors with this stuff and I am starting the roof because of this thread, so thanks for the input.

Again this stuff is awesome, for the price!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.