Void of Warranty

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Void of Warranty

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Void of Warranty

My 08 Tundra is getting a new Sound to it. My friend says that putting a new Exhaust will Void my warranty. Is this true. I don't believe him cause its all right to put a Cold air intake but not a exhaust. Whats ur 2 cents.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    35 times

Default Re: Void of Warranty

Nope, Magnusson-Moss Act
    2008 Sequoia Platinum (8 passenger) 4x4 5.7 V8; Debadged/30% tint over factory with 20% front/LED rear foglights/White Knight RLS/V-LEDs LPF/Silverstar Ultra/Lexus LS460 bi-xenon HID projectors with 5000k Osram CBI/Philips DRL8/Lockpic navigation override/Locking gas cap/TRD intake flow accelerator/K&N panel filter/K&N filter minder/5000k LED license plate bulbs/Big Daddy horns/SET exhaust tip/Factory color matched (B&I SEQUOIA emblem insert, brake calipers, side-view mirrors, b-pillars, c-pillars)/summer 22 Giovanna Caracas w/Yokohama Parada 305/45/22/winter 18" OEM steel wheels powder-coated black w/Bridgestone Dueler A/T "Revo 2" 255/70/18

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    109 times
    Images
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    145 times

Absolutley untrue. Any modification can be completed / added and nt void warrenty if it does not effect the OEM product this includes emissions systems. |Exhaust can be replaced with aftermarket as long as the emissions equipment is still intact. Any dealer that indicates that the warrenty is voided due to an installation of aftermarket can be sued by the owner of the vehicle and the manufacture made to pay for the repair bill.

This being said, don't cut out your cat. convertors and install straight pipes. You can install or have installed an aftermarket or manufacture exhust system from the cat. converters back or the manifolds (headers) without voiding any warrenties. I hope that this will help.
    Love, Peace and Taco (he he) Grease

GUZZLER, of all that is refined.

2 Must haves for every guy, see my avatar.

Liked
    112 times
    Images

Tell ya friend to do his research before putting out false info.

"They Were Just Jealous That My Tundra Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Basically, for Toyota to deny any warranty claim, they have the burden of proof to show the part you installed caused the damage or failure. For instance, if you installed your exhaust, and then shortly thereafter your stereo quit working, they can't deny that claim because the exhaust has nothing to do with the stereo. But, if they can show that your exhaust caused some sort of damage, they could deny a warranty claim on the part the exhaust supposedly damaged.
    Last edited by LawyerRon; 01-10-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    2007 SR5 CrewMax, SiLver w/5.7 V8
    >Bakflip Tonneau Cover.
    >Rampage Running Boards.
    >Heavy Duty 6 ft. Rubber Bed Mat
    out of my 2000 Tundra cut to fit!

Liked
    13 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marky_Mark View Post
    Tell ya friend to do his research before putting out false info.
    and u can always do your research (i.e. search) before posting.
    2007 Super White DC SR5 , TRD OffRoad; Sand Beige leather, 4.7, tinted windows, OEM running boards, tow mirrors with chrome covers, Armorlid tonneau, billet grille, aftermarket reverse sensors, flowmaster true duals with 3.5 rolled edge stainless tips, Sirius added via OEM module, 5000K HID lowbeams, KMC XD Hoss 20'' wheels in gloss black, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/55/20's, chrome door handle covers, smoothed and painted tailgate handle, 3 inch lift/levelling kit,1.5'' Rough Country lift blocks in rear, DVD headrest player/monitors, Rostra backup camera, SS bull bar with 6'' lights, Faux Carbon Fiber dash,console and door trim. Work stuff: red/blue LEDs in grille, headlight wig wag flasher, red/blue LED windshield light, red/blue LED deck lights in back glass, red/blue split 4 LED lights either side of license plate, wig wag backup and brake lamps. 100 watt siren and PA.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable

Supercharged Member Time4change's Avatar
    Liked
    181 times

Quote Originally Posted by LawyerRon View Post
    Basically, for Toyota to deny any warranty claim, they have the burden of proof to show the part you installed caused the damage or failure. For instance, if you installed your exhaust, and then shortly thereafter your stereo quit working, they can't deny that claim because the exhaust has nothing to do with the exhaust. But, if they can show that your exhaust cause some sort of damage, they could deny a warranty claim on the part the exhaust supposedly damaged.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

But that's where the problem lays (lies??)

If your dealer is a butthole, they can claim your cat-back added 100# of torque (sarcastic manufacturer claim....don't yell at me) and that is what caused your drivetrain malady; then YOU are left to fight it quoting the MM act.

As far fetched as it seems, I had a buddy who gave up on Dodge because of denied warranty claims. He had front end problems on his 3/4 ton Cummins supposedly because of the 35's he was running!!!

At one of the local Ford dealers here, I guess the service manager and the sales manager don't get along. During a routine oil change, the service manager was seen taking pictures of the sales managers smaller top pulley on his '03 Cobra in order to void the warranty.

So while I think everyone's answer to the OP's question is 100% correct......there can also be a "depends" added to it (no, not the adult diaper, you freaks!!!)
    '07 Tundra Cmax, '95 T-100POS, '08 RidgeRunner, '08 KTM 300 XCW, (2) Sea Doos, Kubota FEL, '70 Mustang (in pieces)