pop on or stick on vent visors

• pop on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stick on

Votes: 1 100.0%

Vent visors? stick on or pop on?

23K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  Texas Tundra15 
#1 ·
so im interested in some vent visors but have heard good and bad things about both. what are yalls opinions/experiances?

i have heard that stick on will come off and leave terrible residue and i have heard that pop ons will stretch out your window seal and if you take them off your window will not seal right.

has anyone experianced this? i think stick ons are the way to go.

lemme know hwat yall think thanks!

#28 ·
same^^ i just want the fronts

#29 ·
I just traded my 05 dc taco that had weathertechs on it for 5 years. The only problem I ever had was one flew off one time on the interstate at about 90. I called weathertech to order replacements and they warrantied instead. They sent me a new rwar set. I will never buy another brand.

#30 ·
My votes for EGR slimline in-channel. I chose them because they dont stick out far like some other brands.

#31 ·
The ones that RCTundra has are nice also.. That the reason why I also went with wade. I originally ordered the AVS ones for my truck but when they came in the mail I didn't like how they stick out more. Wade Slim Window Visor don't stick out as much which is why I like them.

I still have the AVS ones sitting in my garage somewhere in the box.

#32 ·
I had the ventvisor inchannel ones and didn't like them at all. First, they didn't have tape to really hold them in place and I noticed when I lower the windows, they would droop down a little which annoyed me. It scratched the crap out of the window edges. Being in MA, my windows were constant frozen shut. For some reason in the summer when the windows get rolled up, they would make a plastic creaking sound for about 10 mins that would drive me nuts. I had them on for a year then took them off.

#33 ·
hi,
my wifes rav has double sided stick tape 1's.
i have weather tech.
both at on since new (05). both ok.
but if you wash your truck & go to dry the window with a heavy towel.
i can see you poss. pulling the stink on 1's off.
to each his own.
if you see a weather tech & than compare to ANY other,
there is a HUGE difference in quality & clarity.
gorilla

#34 ·
yes thats one thing that caught my attention with the weathertech is that they look so much greater then other company's visors

#35 ·
well i went with avs in channels after i saw a friend of mines new 5th gen 4runner with avs stick ons and i saw another friend with in channels on his tdi. the stick ons just looked like they would scream with wind noise at high speed, so i decided to give the in channel a shot.

friend with the in channels has had his for 3 years and has had no problems. i got them for 30 bucks shipped from advance auto parts with a discount code, but i ordered a lot of other stuff too. (more you buy more you save)

will get some pics up when i receive them. hopefully before i head to the beach on the 6th. will see.

thanks

#38 ·
I've had them on now for a week but I'm at the beach right now and did not take my truck so its at home, roasting in the sun for the this week.

I think they are nice for a first impression and I have driven it and have not had any problems with them being too loud from wind noise

#39 ·
ordered me a set today.

incase anyone needs the DC part number, it is 574791.
Got two years out of these EGR slimline in-channel visors. They are coming off the truck next week after I track down and order a set of stick-on visors. These EGRs looked great, but the 3m tape on the rears has started to fail and one of the clips fell off a few months back so the rears are starting to drop.

#41 ·
#43 ·
Before Visors Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

AVS Tape-on Vent Visors(Passenger) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

AVS Bugflector 2 Bug Shield Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive tire

AVS Tape-on Vent Visors(Driver) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Pickup truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.