Red led dome and map lights (pics)

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red led dome and map lights (pics)

Liked
    0 times

Default Red led dome and map lights (pics)

A friend of mine keeps bugging me to try some of these oznium LEDs so i figured i would just try something simple and do the dome and map lights. I wanted that "airplane cockpit" feel so i went with red. Very bright and functional and don't mess with your nightvision.

BHLM ,Wet Okole Seat Covers, Viper 5900 Remote Start w/window Mods. (all 5 windows), Hardwired Passport X50 (Blue), Peripheral Ipod Cable dropped in Glove Box, color matched grill surround and black grillcraft grill, 100% debadged, 2.5"x26" dualed out Powersticks, Volant Powercore Intake, Console Vault, Line-X Xtra, Limited Style Homelink mirror, and a WHAMMY BAR.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Red led dome and map lights (pics)

Definitely dont care for it. Not at all my style, but if you like it, thats cool. Only advantage may be the fact that it does not mess up your night vision, but not worth looking like the inside of my cab is on fire.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 07bsmcrewmax View Post
    Definitely dont care for it. Not at all my style, but if you like it, thats cool. Only advantage may be the fact that it does not mess up your night vision, but not worth looking like the inside of my cab is on fire.

i will probably go back to white and leave just one map light red for night driving. i will definetely stay with LEDs from here on out. much brighter. for now i will leave all red until it drives me nuts.
    BHLM ,Wet Okole Seat Covers, Viper 5900 Remote Start w/window Mods. (all 5 windows), Hardwired Passport X50 (Blue), Peripheral Ipod Cable dropped in Glove Box, color matched grill surround and black grillcraft grill, 100% debadged, 2.5"x26" dualed out Powersticks, Volant Powercore Intake, Console Vault, Line-X Xtra, Limited Style Homelink mirror, and a WHAMMY BAR.

Liked
    0 times

I like it. Not bad at all. I was thinking of doing my interior blue but the bulbs I had bought were not bright enough so I went with some hid white bulbs from vleds and those turned out great. I ended up putting the blue lights on the doors. Did you change out your doors also?
    09DC Nautical Blue TRD package SR5. Aries running boards. Chrome handle.TRD shifter and pedals. 20% Front tint. Volant intake. Banks Power Single exhaust installed by Banks(Prototype).

Liked
    0 times

As an amateur stargazer (red light is mandatory when observing in a dark field to keep your night vision) I've done this same treatment on several of my previous vehicles on the cheap with a can of Testors translucent red spray paint (most hobby/model stores carry at least one or two shades). I've tried several different types of red colored filament bulbs and none seemed to work or last long. And painting the bulb itself doesn't work as it gets too hot and melts the paint. I used the translucent paint on the inside of the dome light covers, one coat is usually enough. Passes plenty of light and if a bulb burns out it's a standard bulb to replace. But I was wondering when someone would get around to red LED interior lights. How much did all the red bulbs cost?
    '07 5.7l Doublecab
    Blue Streak

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Way cool! Where did you get them?

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Red-Light district in Amsterdam
    Sorry I like the white ones better
    2011 F150 Eco-boost Lariat

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Wesmonster View Post
    As an amateur stargazer (red light is mandatory when observing in a dark field to keep your night vision) I've done this same treatment on several of my previous vehicles on the cheap with a can of Testors translucent red spray paint (most hobby/model stores carry at least one or two shades). I've tried several different types of red colored filament bulbs and none seemed to work or last long. And painting the bulb itself doesn't work as it gets too hot and melts the paint. I used the translucent paint on the inside of the dome light covers, one coat is usually enough. Passes plenty of light and if a bulb burns out it's a standard bulb to replace. But I was wondering when someone would get around to red LED interior lights. How much did all the red bulbs cost?
    The 2 map lights in the front were $10 each. they are just a direct replacement leds.
    the back are dome lights i got 2 5mm flexible pieces that have 25 leds each. they run $15 for each 25 led pad. they come with base adapters to fit any application. i think they have 8 different color choices.

Quote Originally Posted by MMasz View Post
    Way cool! Where did you get them?
    www.oznium.com

a little pricey but they are the only replacement leds that i have ever found that were that bright and very well constructed.

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Not something I'd do, but if you like it, keep it.
    2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Limited Salsa Red CrewMax

Wheels and tires
    Engine
    Oil filter
    Windows
    Air filter
    Air conditioning
    Seats

Send POINTS, not thanks or compliments....

Liked
    0 times
    Images

i was debating between the red or blue leds and was wondering what the red looks like. I think the red looks good but i think i will go with the blue.
    Bully Bar, Tekonsha P3, Tinted Windows, Black Headlight Mod, 2" Leveling Kit, Truxedo Tonneau Cover, Black Nerf Bars, LineX, 33x12.5 Toyo MT, 18" Ultra Goliath Wheel, Backup Camera, DDX714 Deck

Supercharged Member FIVEPOINTSEVEN's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Images

Not sure that will help attract any ladies...."Hey baby...wanna come get in my dungeon??"
    300C SRT-8
    Cam'd, modded 440whp

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear because I am the meanest motherf*cker in the valley"

Liked
    0 times

Pricey?? To help you feel better, my buddy just spent like $90 buck for the same thing for the same setup in white on his 05 4 door chevy. His were Putco off the shelf. I told him he got ripped and he spouted something about 5,000 (or something) hour life span. I didn't bother telling him it's the same for all quality LEDs. I think the lesson here is to keep supporting our friends at oznium and vleds.

I was surprised to see how good it looked. Thanks for posting but be prepared for all the "helpful/constructive/useful" comments.

Is the glare at night all but gone now?

Liked
    0 times

I just did all of mine in the UV light LEDS (Black Light). Way cool but you have to also carry around a flashlight just in case you actually need to SEE something. LOL

Supercharged Member FIVEPOINTSEVEN's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Neaners View Post
    I just did all of mine in the UV light LEDS (Black Light). Way cool but you have to also carry around a flashlight just in case you actually need to SEE something. LOL
    Haha thats awesome. You need to take some pics at night with the lights on and a bunch of white stuff in the cab...That didn't sound right. You know what I mean.
    300C SRT-8
    Cam'd, modded 440whp

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear because I am the meanest motherf*cker in the valley"

Liked
    4 times

Bet thats snazzy cool at the High School

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so
    - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast