Help I spilled My Pop Brand New Truck!!!!!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help I spilled My Pop Brand New Truck!!!!!

Liked
    0 times

Default Help I spilled My Pop Brand New Truck!!!!!

I went to grab my 44oz mt dew and the lid came off the whole pop went in my seat and on my floorboard into the carpet all 44oz the truck only has a 1,00" miles on it how can I clean this! I dried it up with a towel but now what!!! Please help any tricks to cleaning this mess I made up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Help I spilled My Pop Brand New Truck!!!!!

My wife is pretty good at that, want to borrow her?

A good carpet cleaner works well. We have a spray bottle of Resolve that works well.

Banned
    Liked
    31 times
    Images

^^^Pics?^^^

First things first...I am originally from North Alabama...and I have never heard a "redneck" refer to Mt. Dew as pop.

I use Woolite Pet+Oxygen for carpet and upholstery. I have spilled coke and coffee and my dog took a dump in my truck and this stuff has cleaned it up completely...made it look better than before.

Liked
    0 times

Folex, brushes, towels and a shop vac. In the event you have an extractor handy, you could use that (like a Bissel Little Green MAchine). You could also use warm water, soak it down and use the shop vac to extract, although it will most likely leave it a little wet. You could follow with a hair dryer to dry.

You may also want to pull the sill cover up and make sure you get the pad as dry as possible (to help prevent mildew and/or mold).

Folex is the best carpet and upholstery cleaner I've ever used. You can get it at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc. Very good stuff.
    "You asked for it bro, the cell block gang bang is on now!!!!" - Wacked

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Trade it in for a new one!!!
    2007 Tundra SR5 5.7,2WD White Crewmax
    Toytec 3 Inch lift,18 Monster wheels
    Firestone airbags with compressor
    295/70/18 Tires,Step Rails,Dash Mat
    Bed Extender,Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
    Clazzio seat covers, TRD Sway Bar

Liked
    8 times

Well, having had dogs before I can highly recommend "Spot Shot"... it is a spray can with an orange cap (commonly sold in 4-packs at Costco) and does a pretty good job. Just be sure to make sure the actual spray hits the areas you need and that you don't put it too close or else it may create this airy-foam and may alter the color of your surface (a couple of tests shots before hand to get an idea of where the spray should hit will do the trick).
    You can also use Goo-Gone as well, but the truck will have a strong paint-thinner-type smell for a while with that and you'll need to use some kind of soap/water solution afterwards to ensure that it doesn't dry-up hard. Either way though, you've got some work to do, but no worries, it'll be as good as new when you're done!
    11 Sienna SE FWD Black!! (Wife's Car)
    07 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 S/C 5.7L SR5 Silver Sky Metallic...
    Is modding ever complete? I think NOT!!

Liked
    172 times

44 oz of Mt Dew???!!!!! WTF??? Who drinks a quart and a half of Mt Dew? Was that to last you for the week. LOL
    >>big$$

========================================
    SR5 Dbl Cab 2009, 4x4, 5.7L, Flex Fuel, Desert Sand Mica, Tow Pkg, Cold Pkg, Ventashades, Bugflector II, AMP Bumper Step, OEM All weather mats, Line-X, OEM Chrome Running Bds, Underseat Rear Storage, OEM Sill Protectors, Chrome Tailgate edges, Chrome Lic Plate Frame, aFe Pro Dry-S Air Cleaner, Charcoal Air Filter Mod; Visor Labels Mod; Fog Lights Mod; DRL Off Mod; Extra Loud Horn Mod, OEM SS Exhaust Tip
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry and grasping at the spoils of the multitude." - Thomas Paine (1737-1809) Patriot
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) U. S. President

Liked
    31 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TightyWhitey View Post
    ^^^Pics?^^^

First things first...I am originally from North Alabama...and I have never heard a "redneck" refer to Mt. Dew as pop.

I use Woolite Pet+Oxygen for carpet and upholstery. I have spilled coke and coffee and my dog took a dump in my truck and this stuff has cleaned it up completely...made it look better than before.
    What part of north 'bama? I have some friends that are scattered all about but I've been up to Scottsboro personally a few times (that and Huntsvegas).

I haven't heard the word pop from anybody south of the Mason Dixon ... ever.

With all that said, Simple Green in a high dilution might owrk - or at least that's what I'd try after said carpet cleaners.

Start with upholstery cleaner and then work more potent.

-rockstate

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I can also recommend Spot Shot, it works wonders. FYI, it's made by WD40.

Liked
    188 times

I second the folex cleaner. that stuff is magic.

Liked
    2 times

I've had good luck with the woolite pet+oxygen. I hope your drink didn't get down into the shifter assembly or you'll be taking that apart and cleaning it as well.

Liked
    110 times

DAMNIT..... its not POP...... its SODA!!!!! =)

Liked
    188 times

It's not pop or soda, it is a sticky mess in his truck.

It is natures way of telling you that much corn syrup is bad for you.

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    125 times
    Images

Take it and have it cleaned professionally. We have lots of car washes here and they will shampoo seats and carpet pretty cheap. Your brand new truck deserves it!!

And I am from Alabama and now live in Louisiana and it's definitly not pop!!! It's all coke!
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    0 times

FYI regarding Spot Shot - I've read on some detailing forums where a couple of people had issues with it discoloring the carpet, both in the home and the auto. While I have never experienced this issue, I still use Spot Shot in my home and on occasion have used it in my vehicle. With all cleaning type products, it might be a good idea to try anything on a hidden test spot first to make sure it does NOT change the color of the carpet after it has been worked in and dried.
    "You asked for it bro, the cell block gang bang is on now!!!!" - Wacked

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.