Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares on Silver Tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares on Silver Tundra

Liked
    4 times

Default Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares on Silver Tundra

Installed my Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares this weekend. Got them painted to match by Toyota Stealership for $50.00! Yes, not a typo, $50.00!! They made a mistake and forgot to paint the flares until I called three days later. For my inconvenience, they said they will paint and clear coat all four for $50.00. Who am I to say no?

Took about 45 minutes to install, including a wax job afterwards to make them all nice and shiny!

Everything fit perfectly. By the way, I had some minor issues with the flares and needed additional parts, called Bushwacker and Mike shipped me more than enough spare parts for free. Bushwacker Customer Service is outstanding!

Anyway, here are some pics.

If you want to see these in beautiful blue, check out firemanmike's install: Dick Cepek wheels and Bushwacker fender Flares done!!
    Last edited by ArizonaOne; 03-31-2010 at 05:02 PM.
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD Off-Road Double-Cab SR5 5.7L V8 Silver Sky Metallic

TO-DATE SPENDING:
    Line-X Bed Liner, Under Seat Storage, Door Sill Protectors, Bed Rail and Cleats, Deluxe Quilted Bench Pet Seat Cover, Hood Protector, NE1D6-50 Door Edge Molding, Reese Adjustable Ball Mount and Ball, Tow Ready Lifelong Stainless Steel Locks 2-1/2" Hitch & 1" Coupler, Smittybilt Stainless Steel Bull Bar, Volant CAI, Limited Edition Billet Grill, Westin License Plate Relocator, Rugged Ridge Premium Recovery Strap 3"x30'x30,000 lbs., Smittybilt 29312B Receiver Hitch D-Ring 3/4", Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares, WeatherTech Extreme Floor Mats (Front and Rear), TRD Rear Sway Bar, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, MOMO Nero Shift Knob, TRD Aluminum Oil and Radiator Cap, V-LEDS Interior/License/Cargo/Backup Lights, Bilstein 5100's (Front and Rear), FUEL Off-Road Gauge Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/65/18
    FUTURE SPENDING:
    ???? $$$$ ????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares on Silver Tundra

Very nice!! Time for some bigger tires and color match your door handles
    2008 Tundra 5.7 4x4 LTD Silver w/Navi, XM, & Memory
    TRD Rear sway bar, VLED Cab lights, Longo LED Tail lights, Recon LED CCL's
    GTek DSP, Custom LEDs for rear seats, LED Puddle lamps, Duplicolor Bed Armor
    Toyota Painted Fender flares, Painted Door Handles w/LED's
    Magnaflow Dual CAT Back, AFE Cold Air, Bilstein 5100 front/back
    Procomp 8128 18in w/285 65 18 BFG AT/KO, Front & Rear Weathertechs

More Photos
    DIY: LED's in out Side Door handles("BMW Style" with a twist)
    DIY: LED Puddle Lamps for LTD Tundra

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

wow that makes the truck so beefier.....

Liked
    0 times

looking good!

Liked
    0 times

Yeah, I think those fenders kind of "force your hand" in that you need to do the a lift and get bigger wheels / tires with offset. As is, it kind of overpowers the stock wheels.

Liked
    806 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaOne View Post
    Installed my Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares this weekend. Got them painted to match by Toyota Stealership for $50.00! Yes, not a typo, $50.00!! They made a mistake and forgot to paint the flares until I called three days later. For my inconvenience, they said they will paint and clear coat all four for $50.00. Who am I to say no?

Took about 45 minutes to install, including a wax job afterwards to make them all nice and shiny!

The only minor issue was the bottom screw hole of the front flares for some reason didn't line up properly so I temporarily left it off and will deal with it at a later time. Everything else fit perfectly.

Anyway, here are some pics.

If you want to see these in beautiful blue, check out firemanmike's install: Dick Cepek wheels and Bushwacker fender Flares done!!
    I don't like fender flares and I HATE that style. I have to say though, it looks REALLY HOT on your truck !!!!! I like the other mods (grill, front bar etc) also. That is one sweet looking ride. You did a GREAT job modding it ....
    07 Tundra DCSB, 5.7, Blue Streak Metallic, 4X4, SR5, TRD, BU, CK, DZ, FE, HM, MG, OF, Brushed Stainless steps, sill protectors, USMC lighted hitch plug and assorted stickers and license plate brackets, rollup bed cover, Rhino Liner, Mesh Grill backing, Black Wheelskin steering wheel cover, Wade in channel vent visors, under rear seat storage, PRG mini spring pack, Proforce rear exit cat-back exhaust, aFe CAI, TRD rear sway bar, A.R.E. MX series Cap.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooDan View Post
    Very nice!! Time for some bigger tires and color match your door handles
    Quote Originally Posted by JJWalker View Post
    Yeah, I think those fenders kind of "force your hand" in that you need to do the a lift and get bigger wheels / tires with offset. As is, it kind of overpowers the stock wheels.
    To both, yes, yes, leveling/lift kit, new wheels, bigger tires, they're all coming. . . ..my paycheck can only stretch so far with this materialistic girl.

Next on the future-spending list is the Low Range Off-Road 3/1 Leveling Kit.

My plan is to do the big ticket items last. . .which would be the new wheels and bigger tires.
    Last edited by ArizonaOne; 03-30-2010 at 02:09 AM.

TO-DATE SPENDING:
    Line-X Bed Liner, Under Seat Storage, Door Sill Protectors, Bed Rail and Cleats, Deluxe Quilted Bench Pet Seat Cover, Hood Protector, NE1D6-50 Door Edge Molding, Reese Adjustable Ball Mount and Ball, Tow Ready Lifelong Stainless Steel Locks 2-1/2" Hitch & 1" Coupler, Smittybilt Stainless Steel Bull Bar, Volant CAI, Limited Edition Billet Grill, Westin License Plate Relocator, Rugged Ridge Premium Recovery Strap 3"x30'x30,000 lbs., Smittybilt 29312B Receiver Hitch D-Ring 3/4", Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares, WeatherTech Extreme Floor Mats (Front and Rear), TRD Rear Sway Bar, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, MOMO Nero Shift Knob, TRD Aluminum Oil and Radiator Cap, V-LEDS Interior/License/Cargo/Backup Lights, Bilstein 5100's (Front and Rear), FUEL Off-Road Gauge Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/65/18
    FUTURE SPENDING:
    ???? $$$$ ????

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by guntech View Post
    I don't like fender flares and I HATE that style. I have to say though, it looks REALLY HOT on your truck !!!!! I like the other mods (grill, front bar etc) also. That is one sweet looking ride. You did a GREAT job modding it ....
    Thanks! The flares do make the stock wheels and tires look "puny". . . ..

TO-DATE SPENDING:
    FUTURE SPENDING:
    ???? $$$$ ????

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Kinda reminds me of the older Nissan Frontiers.

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Arizona, great job. I just had my wheels installed and used stock rugged trail with the black all out. The 35 offset puts them just slightly outside the fender and when i get a few miles on them i am going to move up to maybe a 33" and wider. I was wondering how these would look. I think once you finish your project with the wheels and tires it is going to look awesome. Definitely like that style over the smooth style. I am thinking about selling my wheels like those. ?? Not sure.. That is my next step larger tires. Grill came out great also.. Keep it up and the updates coming

TRD Supercharger, TRD Sway bar, 2.5 Readylift, Color matched door handles, Platinum wheels, Firestone Destination LE-2's, V-1 w/remote, Underseat storage, Limited Grill swap, Rearview w/homelink swap, Corsa Sport,Bed Rug, ARE Bed Cover, Katskin custom seating, Recon light bar, Weathertech, Bull Bar, Complete V-Led interior, Factory Cat delete (all 4) and installed 2 Magnaflow Hi-flow cats in there place
    1/4 mile = 13.3 @ 103.2

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Nice. I want.
    2010 Silver Sky DC 4x2, 4.6L, Graphite Buckets, LRO 3/1, 20x9 XD Monsters, 305/55r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, N-Fab Cab Length, Line-X

Liked
    60 times
    Images

Looks great - thanks for the pics! However, now you're on the blame list cause I'm gonna need to buy these now! Good job with the pics & the clean/shiny truck... almost makes me regret getting the Pyrite instead of the Silver-Sky again.... almost

Sidenote... what did the stealership originally quote you for a price (paint)?
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4
    275/65/17 Hankook I-Pike RW11, Brush guard, 27w LED Aux lights, Ebay Nav, Husky Liners

Also have 2008 Prius, 2006 Honda Cr-V
    Previous: 2010 Tundra CM 4x4 & 2007 Tundra DC 4x4

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by zeeya2000 View Post
    Arizona, great job. I just had my wheels installed and used stock rugged trail with the black all out. The 35 offset puts them just slightly outside the fender and when i get a few miles on them i am going to move up to maybe a 33" and wider. I was wondering how these would look. I think once you finish your project with the wheels and tires it is going to look awesome. Definitely like that style over the smooth style. I am thinking about selling my wheels like those. ?? Not sure.. That is my next step larger tires. Grill came out great also.. Keep it up and the updates coming
    zeeya, thanks! Can't wait to get new wheels and tires. My plan is to get them done at the same time. I have narrowed down a few wheels (MOTO, Ballistic, Monster, FUEL) I like as well as the tires (BFG or Zeon not sure). Total estimated cost will be around $2000 ~ $2200!!

Yikes! That's why I'm doing them last.

TO-DATE SPENDING:
    FUTURE SPENDING:
    ???? $$$$ ????

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by popo2239 View Post
    Looks great - thanks for the pics! However, now you're on the blame list cause I'm gonna need to buy these now! Good job with the pics & the clean/shiny truck... almost makes me regret getting the Pyrite instead of the Silver-Sky again.... almost

Sidenote... what did the stealership originally quote you for a price (paint)?
    popo, I was originally quoted $200 over the phone, but the guy I spoke to said bring them over and he can give me a better deal. You already know how I got them painted for $50.00 and I hope you can also be that lucky. But at least you know you can get them painted for under $200 directly from a Toyota dealer.

TO-DATE SPENDING:
    FUTURE SPENDING:
    ???? $$$$ ????

Liked
    60 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaOne View Post
    popo, I was originally quoted $200 over the phone, but the guy I spoke to said bring them over and he can give me a better deal. You already know how I got them painted for $50.00 and I hope you can also be that lucky. But at least you know you can get them painted for under $200 directly from a Toyota dealer.
    Okay, that's not too bad... was everything included in that $200 price (ie - sanding, prep, primer, paint, clear...etc).???
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4
    275/65/17 Hankook I-Pike RW11, Brush guard, 27w LED Aux lights, Ebay Nav, Husky Liners

Also have 2008 Prius, 2006 Honda Cr-V
    Previous: 2010 Tundra CM 4x4 & 2007 Tundra DC 4x4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast