limp mode

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: limp mode

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default limp mode

Has anyone heard of Toyota's "limp mode" my friends 2007 went into this mode last week and the dealer is pulling the motor. Seems like more of an ECU issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    615 times
    Images

Default Re: limp mode

The ECU kicks it into 'limp' when sensing multiple error codes, as I recall.
    2006 Tundra StepSide
    2010 Honda CR-V
    2000 Isuzu Trooper

Red Adair- "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Liked
    28 times

Just brought back bad memories of my wife's old Mini Cooper. That car spent half of its life in limp mode..... not fun Hers was always computer related.

2007 Tundra Limited DoubleCab 5.7, Silver Sky, TRD
    Honda Super Cub

Liked
    12 times

Same thing on my X-wifes 2001 Jetta IV....it went limp mode a few times and was always a grip of cash to fix. Now that I think about it, the stupid thing went into limp mode on our wedding day. I should have listened to karma that day!! Would have saved me a sh!tload of $$!!! LOL

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Yea, turning loose of a wad of cash always makes me go into limp mode too.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Mine has done this a couple of times. The first few was with the Unichip (see old threads). I disconnected the battery, removed the Unichip (after stranding me in the middle of nowhere, returned the battery leads and voila, it worked.

Just last week though (more than a year after the last time it stalled and limped) it fell dead and would not go over 12 or so miles an hour. Got it towed to dealership and they diagnosed it as a bad MAF. $300 later and it runs like a scalded ape- the way it used to before the Unichip.
    07 2wd SR5CM with 5.7 with Camburg Long Travel with Fox 2.5x7/8 coil overs and Hypercoil springs, Deaver Leaf Springs, Fox 2.5 Piggy Backs Custom Driveshaft,35/12.50/20 Nitto Mud Grapplers on V-Tec Off-Road 20x10 rims,Glassworks Unlimited Fenders, Amp Research boards, custom front bumper with three Hella HID lights, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant CAI, LEDs in handles and inside, limo tint all the way around and eyebrow, Pioneer Avic D3 and ceiling screen, Billet Grille, Full Metal JackRabbit, and some stickers. Thanks to Serena at SDHQ, Bill and Eric at Ekstensive, Elliot at Discount Tire.

Severed Ties Texas

my pics

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.