Ca legal intake???

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Ca legal intake???

Liked
    0 times

Default Ca legal intake???

Anyone know of a CA leagal intake for a 5.7 2010???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Ca legal intake???

i didnt know they made illegal ones but check out volant, rbp, afe intakes. they should all work for you
    Installed::
    20" Fuel Revolvers, 35" Toyo Open Country Tires, One Up Offroad Adaptable Traction Bars, T-rex Xmetal Grille, CST Suspension 6-7" Lift, Magnaflow Exhaust, Icon Shifter Knob, 6000K HID's, LED Tail Lights, LED interior lights, TB Customz GAT Tip, Tow Mirrors, Color Matched Bumpers & Grille Surround

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TundraWhiteBuild
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388683...up-4d-5-1-2-ft

Check my pages out. Rate my ride, like my page and ask any questions!

Liked
    14 times
    Images

Once you have to start smogging your truck, they will not pass the visual inspection unless it has an Executive Order Number on the intake. You can search here at the California Air Resources Board website. Select air intake and sort by manufacturer:

Database: Aftermarket Parts Database of Executive Orders

I did a search and the only one listed for the 2007-2010 Tundra that has passed C.A.R.B. is the TRD intake. There may be others that are "pending" approval. Tundrajunkie, does yours have an EO number stamped on it?
    Last edited by wildbill129; 04-25-2010 at 09:08 AM.
    2007 Crewmax 4x4 Limited - Silver, 2.5" OME Front Lift w/Toytec 1" Diff Drop, 1" Toytec Block rear w/Bilstein 5100 shocks, 18" Ultra Grinder Wheels, 285/70/R18 Toyo Open Country M/T, Line-X Bed Liner, Undercover Tonneau (Only in winter), Weathertech Floor Liners, Back-up Cam (Toyota/Rostra), 2008 JBL NAV, IPOD Adapter, Console Vault
    CBTMA Member

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Does it really matter??? You dont need a smog inspection for the first 5 yrs anyway. I had an "illegal" or non C.A.R.B approved intake on my old honda with a non-legal header and never got questioned on those before. The intake took air from the left front fender well and the only way to see the filter was to remove the inner fender liner. the only thing in the engine bay was the tube. the header was not legal what so ever because I bought a known offroad only style but they never caught either of the 2 blaring changes. The header had aplacard on it in plain view that said offroad use only.
    '10 5.7 SUPER WHITE CREWMAX
    2 Flowmaster 40 series w/ dual tips out the back, Airaid intake, 22" BOSS 329 w/ 305/45/22 General grabber UHP, weathertech window vent shades, TRD swaybar.

Liked
    14 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by los211 View Post
    Does it really matter??? You dont need a smog inspection for the first 5 yrs anyway. I had an "illegal" or non C.A.R.B approved intake on my old honda with a non-legal header and never got questioned on those before. The intake took air from the left front fender well and the only way to see the filter was to remove the inner fender liner. the only thing in the engine bay was the tube. the header was not legal what so ever because I bought a known offroad only style but they never caught either of the 2 blaring changes. The header had aplacard on it in plain view that said offroad use only.
    You got lucky, they are getting more and more strict. The folks in the diesel world are freaking out with their mods and having to have their trucks smogged now.
    2007 Crewmax 4x4 Limited - Silver, 2.5" OME Front Lift w/Toytec 1" Diff Drop, 1" Toytec Block rear w/Bilstein 5100 shocks, 18" Ultra Grinder Wheels, 285/70/R18 Toyo Open Country M/T, Line-X Bed Liner, Undercover Tonneau (Only in winter), Weathertech Floor Liners, Back-up Cam (Toyota/Rostra), 2008 JBL NAV, IPOD Adapter, Console Vault
    CBTMA Member

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I was lucky indeed! I am/was a smog tech for a few years and know what kinds of hell those guys get when they miss something on a "marked" car/truck and even worse if they get reported by a customer. I did not want to deal with their rules anymore plus the cost of staying licensed was getting rediculus. The good part is I don't need a smog check for another 2 years so I good for now. Besides I still have the stock setup minus the charcoal trap on the uppper housing if I need it.

Off topic:

Are you an OSU alum??? I just noticed your sig.
    Last edited by los211; 04-27-2010 at 12:44 AM.
    2 Flowmaster 40 series w/ dual tips out the back, Airaid intake, 22" BOSS 329 w/ 305/45/22 General grabber UHP, weathertech window vent shades, TRD swaybar.

Liked
    172 times

Good grief...why do you stay in that nutty state? We don't even have inspections in S.C.
    >>big$$

========================================
    SR5 Dbl Cab 2009, 4x4, 5.7L, Flex Fuel, Desert Sand Mica, Tow Pkg, Cold Pkg, Ventashades, Bugflector II, AMP Bumper Step, OEM All weather mats, Line-X, OEM Chrome Running Bds, Underseat Rear Storage, OEM Sill Protectors, Chrome Tailgate edges, Chrome Lic Plate Frame, aFe Pro Dry-S Air Cleaner, Charcoal Air Filter Mod; Visor Labels Mod; Fog Lights Mod; DRL Off Mod; Extra Loud Horn Mod, OEM SS Exhaust Tip
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry and grasping at the spoils of the multitude." - Thomas Paine (1737-1809) Patriot
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) U. S. President

Liked
    14 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by los211 View Post

Off topic:

Are you an OSU alum??? I just noticed your sig.
    Unfortunately no, that was my original intent, but it didn't pan out, I ended up going elsewhere. I did grow up there,(in Albany) and have always been an OSU fan, especially when it comes to football.

Are you?
    CBTMA Member

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by bigMoney View Post
    Good grief...why do you stay in that nutty state?
    Great weather and beautiful women.
    2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7L w/ TRD Package, Blue Streak Metallic/Graphite, FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic Tint (30%), auto-dimming mirror, Line-X Bedliner (under the rail), RS3200 alarm/GBS/hood switch, brushed stainless steel running boards, bed extender, door sill protectors, TRD rear sway bar, TRD CAI, Corsa Touring exhaust, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rostra back-up camera and fixed monitor, sport (color matched) grille, factory accelerator pedal and floormats.

Supercharged Member socal57chevy's Avatar
    Liked
    118 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by slackjaw07 View Post

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill129 View Post
    Unfortunately no, that was my original intent, but it didn't pan out, I ended up going elsewhere. I did grow up there,(in Albany) and have always been an OSU fan, especially when it comes to football.

Are you?
    That was my school of choice but when I went to file my papers for the airforce ROTC program I found I was too late. I was already a senior in hs and the stuff needed to be done as a junior. I grew up and did all my scholling in Tillamook and Forest Grove. I ended up going to a trade school which worked out better for me in the long run.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by slackjaw07 View Post

You NAILED IT!!!!