Name your 3/1 leveling kit!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name your 3/1 leveling kit!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Name your 3/1 leveling kit!

Hey everybody.. just wondering if you could name your 3/1 leveling kit for me. i just picked up a 2010 toyota tundra 4x4 LTD and would like to start researching which company has the best kit.
    i would really appreciate it!
    Let me know what you think of yours, and which you would suggest.
    Thanks
    Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    31 times
    Images

Default Re: Name your 3/1 leveling kit!

LRO or Ready lift for on top of the spacer lift.

If youw ant one that goes in between the coil, then Toytec is prolly the way to go.

Research these three names as they all have their pros and cons - in particular the different characteristics of the materials made and what they do to the suspension geometry.

-rockstate

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    124 times
    Images

It's not a 3/1 but to add to your list to research Bilstein 5100. It is a ride height adjustable shock that goes in the front with three setting, the top one give like 2.56" lift. Also I believe that they make rear shocks now that are good for 1" of lift also. Most guys have the truxx or low range offroad (LRO) for the spacer lifts/ Good luck
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    15 times
    Images

I did a bunch of research back when I was trying to decide. The top kits are the LRO, Truxxx, Readylift and Toytec, as far as spacer lifts go. All are complete with diff drop, and skid plate spacers. LRO, Truxxx and Readylift all go on top of the strut assembly, maintaining stock ride quality. Toytec goes in the coil assembly and can possibly cause a stiffer ride. Truxxx and Readylift are both powder coated steel. LRO and Toytec are both aluminum. I chose the LRO because I felt it was the most complete kit and the top quality. With the LRO, in addtion to the diff drop and skidplate spacers, you get bump stop spacers (not sure if the other kits include this) as well as tapered rear blocks (which noone else does).
    The Bilstein 5100s that are ride height adjustable for the front are another good option, but you dont get anything other than the shocks, so youre still missing a diff drop, skidplate spacers and bump stop spacers. The rear bilstein 5100 DO NOT provide any lift, they are good for up to 1" of lift, if you decide to add a rear block or aal later on.
    Coilovers are still the best way to go overall though, if you can flip the bill. Some top choices in that department are ICON, Camburg and OME. There are several more, but these seem to the most popular, proven setups. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by mhollack; 05-19-2010 at 03:17 AM.
    2011 5.7L Platinum Crewmax 4x4 Barcelona Red/Black
    Alpine Overhead DVD | Armor Lid | Westin Platinum Oval Nerfs | OE (SE) Fender Flares | 20x9 +30 Ultra Mavericks | 35x12.50x20 Toyo OC ATII | 20% Tint | Line-X | Bilstein 5100s @ 2.5" | Rear Bilstein 5100s + LRO 1" Block | Hypertech

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    124 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mhollack View Post
    I did a bunch of research back when I was trying to decide. The top kits are the LRO, Truxxx, Readylift and Toytec, as far as spacer lifts go. All are complete with diff drop, and skid plate spacers. LRO, Truxxx and Readylift all go on top of the strut assembly, maintaining stock ride quality. Toytec goes in the coil assembly and can possibly cause a stiffer ride. Truxxx and Readylift are both powder coated steel. LRO and Toytec are both aluminum. I chose the LRO because I felt it was the most complete kit and the top quality. With the LRO, in addtion to the diff drop and skidplate spacers, you get bump stop spacers (not sure if the other kits include this) as well as tapered rear blocks (which noone else does).
    The Bilstein 5100s that are ride height adjustable for the front are another good option, but you dont get anything other than the shocks, so youre still missing a diff drop, skidplate spacers and bump stop spacers. The rear bilstein 5100 DO NOT provide any lift, they are good for up to 1" of lift, if you decide to add a rear block or aal later on.
    Coilovers are still the best way to go overall though, if you can flip the bill. Some top choices in that department are ICON, Camburg and OME. There are several more, but these seem to the most popular, proven setups. Hope this helps!
    This is good to know. I looked at shock warhouse tonight and I thought that's how it read. I don't like to start new threads so I wondered how I would figure this out and then you answered it for me. Thanks and points to you.
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    15 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MaylonTRD View Post
    This is good to know. I looked at shock warhouse tonight and I thought that's how it read. I don't like to start new threads so I wondered how I would figure this out and then you answered it for me. Thanks and points to you.
    Thanks. Many people are confused by this.
    2011 5.7L Platinum Crewmax 4x4 Barcelona Red/Black
    Alpine Overhead DVD | Armor Lid | Westin Platinum Oval Nerfs | OE (SE) Fender Flares | 20x9 +30 Ultra Mavericks | 35x12.50x20 Toyo OC ATII | 20% Tint | Line-X | Bilstein 5100s @ 2.5" | Rear Bilstein 5100s + LRO 1" Block | Hypertech

Liked
    2 times
    Images

LRO - you can see the quality just looking at the kit, Chris is great to work with, and it's a breeze to install. No troubles aligning after the install and the ride is like stock.

always looking for an excuse to post a pic of my truck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck_and_jeep_1.jpg 
Views:	4162 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	51467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRO.JPG 
Views:	1328 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	51468  
    2010 Silver Sky DC 4x2, 4.6L, Graphite Buckets, LRO 3/1, 20x9 XD Monsters, 305/55r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, N-Fab Cab Length, Line-X

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

thanks for all the quick replys everybody! keep them coming, like to hear some different options. i have been on this forumn for only a day and i can already say this is one of the best forums i have been on for quick usefull advice.
    thanks
    looking forward to asking more questions on future projects!
    R

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

whats some places online to order these leveling kits for best price?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

for the LRO kit, just order it from them directly. Home page
    2010 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 5.7L
    FBG 3"/1" Leveling Kit
    Toyo OC M/T 285/75r18
    18" TRD rims powdercoated Satin Black
    Hypertech In-Line Speedometer Calibrator
    NFAB Textured nerf bars
    Volant CAI
    Magnaflow 12468 with turndowns

Liked
    11 times

Truxxx 3/1
    Tundra CM 4x4

3" Truxxx Lift w/ Diff. Drop - 1.5" Rear Blocks - 18x9 Ultra Mammoth Black w/machined accents - 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers - Weathertech Floor Liners - Frontier Cattle Guard - Line'Xd Bedliner - Line'Xd N-Fabs - 3M Protection - Backup Cam

4wd for Dummies>>>>4WD Simplified Version 4.0

Liked
    0 times
    Images

How bout forget the spacer lifts. Get some Bilstein 5100s (Much better shock and 2.5" of lift) for the front, and an AAL or block for the rear. Will get much better ride and performance with the 5100s. Call the guys at Wheeler's Off Road and they can get you set up.

Liked
    0 times

Old Man Emu

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

so why do people like the truxxx kit over the LRO kit. to me the LRO kit looks like a better quality built kit. any reasons. does anyone know of a good thread for me to read on tire size for running true 35s on the 3/1 or really close to 35s.

Liked
    31 times
    Images

THE OME is an awesome setup. I love mine and I've put over 1600 miles on it - about 900 being strictly highway. It buckles down up to 85 mph and handles like it's on rails.

-rockstate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast