Will 275 70 18 Fit Stock 2wd?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will 275 70 18 Fit Stock 2wd?

Liked
    0 times

Default Will 275 70 18 Fit Stock 2wd?

This is my first post so bear with me....

I have a 2010 2wd DC that is bone stock and want to replace the OEM 255 70 18 Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts with either the BFG A/T or Nitto Terra Grappler. I am interested in going up to 275 70 18. I know this has been discussed before and I have searched and read tons of posts on the topic. It seems like everyone agrees they will fit stock 4wd, but I have not heard a definate answer about if they will fit stock 2wd. (not sure if 4wd sits up a bit higher or not) I'm trying NOT to lift/level the truck if possible but want a taller tire that will fill the wheel well a little better and get an overall better all terrain type tire.

I have also considered Nittos 265 70 18 which is still a P rated tire, which is fine with me b/c I do very little towing, etc. Just think the 265s would be too close to stock size to make the truck look any better. Let me know what you all think. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    11 times

Default Re: Will 275 70 18 Fit Stock 2wd?

they will fit
    Tundra CM 4x4

3" Truxxx Lift w/ Diff. Drop - 1.5" Rear Blocks - 18x9 Ultra Mammoth Black w/machined accents - 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers - Weathertech Floor Liners - Frontier Cattle Guard - Line'Xd Bedliner - Line'Xd N-Fabs - 3M Protection - Backup Cam

4wd for Dummies>>>>4WD Simplified Version 4.0

Liked
    0 times

I hope so, my 275/70/18 Michelin AT2's are being mounted today.

Liked
    11 times

talk about longevity. i wouldnt doubt that you get about 70 or 80k outta those at2's.
    Tundra CM 4x4

3" Truxxx Lift w/ Diff. Drop - 1.5" Rear Blocks - 18x9 Ultra Mammoth Black w/machined accents - 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers - Weathertech Floor Liners - Frontier Cattle Guard - Line'Xd Bedliner - Line'Xd N-Fabs - 3M Protection - Backup Cam

4wd for Dummies>>>>4WD Simplified Version 4.0

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by BillyTheKid View Post
    talk about longevity. i wouldnt doubt that you get about 70 or 80k outta those at2's.

That's what I am hoping for. They were a couple hundred more but should last a long time, from what I hear at least.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    7 times

The way my AT/2 Michelins are going I'm guessing 40-50,000 miles tops!

Quote Originally Posted by slush View Post
    That's what I am hoping for. They were a couple hundred more but should last a long time, from what I hear at least.

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the help guys. I hope the michelins work out good for you. Does anyone have this set up or pics....

Liked
    0 times

I will post some tomorrow.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Look small for 33"s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side shot 1.jpg 
Views:	1691 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	51502  
    2010 CM 4X4 5.7 Super White
    5100s on middle setting
    Michelin AT/2 load range E 275/70/18

Liked
    0 times

Looks good though MacCTD, how's the ride with the 5100s?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GBUL View Post
    Looks good though MacCTD, how's the ride with the 5100s?

The ride is good, firm an solid, the LR E tires give the truck much better lateral stability.
    2010 CM 4X4 5.7 Super White
    5100s on middle setting
    Michelin AT/2 load range E 275/70/18

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
    The ride is good, firm an solid, the LR E tires give the truck much better lateral stability.

May get some down the road. I just put an order in for the bgf a/t, they were on back order. I'll try and post a pic or two when I get them if I can figure out how to post a pic. The lady at the tire store said around three weeks.

Liked
    0 times

Try a few other tire stores - a few in my area had none in stock, while one guy had four sets. And he matched the lowest price I'd been quoted while I shopped.

I'm sure they'll fit on a 2wd - I think the only real difference on the 4wd is a half inch of extra height in the front.

I kept bringing the air pressure down - they put 50 in at installation and now I'm at at something like 34 front 36 rear and the ride is much better, and the contact patch is across the entire width of the tire. At 50 in the rear the outer edges of the tires weren't even getting scrubbed.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I have the 275/70/18 'E' rated Terra Grapplers on my 2wd TRD DC. I'm at work and don't have the camera with me or I'd post pics for you. I do like them. I went with the E rating since I pull a fifth wheel occasionally. I also wanted something a little taller and more aggressive looking. Obviously there will be a slight roar compared to stock, throw rocks more, and feel a little less "controllable" at interstate speeds, but that was to be expected. Overall, I'm very happy with them. I've had them about 2 months, so can't comment on the tread life. Dealer told me to run about 40lbs in them everyday and that would make them last a lot longer. That seemed a little low and they felt a little squishy to me, so I've been running around 50lbs airing up to 80lbs when I tow. Truck's dirty but I'll take some pictures when I get a chance.
    Last edited by FSCAVS; 05-21-2010 at 12:29 PM.

Liked
    1 times

I like the look of the Terra Grapplers, did you mileage change a lot compared to stock ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.